2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And at least half the articles BM and Niz write are garbage not worthy of an article. 

ongsh this is spot the heck on. absolutely.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is better?

(yes slow week)

Remember White who led SEC in several categories before Vandy game,

White, Stidham, FIELDS, Nix 

or

Lionel James, Bo Jackson, Brent Fullwood, Stacy Danley ?  

I know...it's all about the "what if" factor.  For those that don't know, these RB were the starters in consecutive years.  It's all about consecutive starters and possible multi-year runs.

I think FIELDS has the unique opportunity to become legendary at Auburn.  

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

Which is better?

(yes slow week)

Remember White who led SEC in several categories before Vandy game,

White, Stidham, FIELDS, Nix 

or

Lionel James, Bo Jackson, Brent Fullwood, Stacy Danley ?  

I know...it's all about the "what if" factor.

I think FIELDS has the unique opportunity to become legendary at Auburn.  

I will feel a lot better when Fields is in the fold!!! lol. This is Auburn recruiting fam! Nothing is ever a lock with us! I will be worried till the fax comes in even if he does commit to us.

LETS REALLY GO OFF THE RAILS HERE!!! lol WOOO!!!! #goosediedforthis O WOOPS *SPOILER* haha

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will feel a lot better when Fields is in the fold!!! lol. This is Auburn recruiting fam! Nothing is ever a lock with us! I will be worried till the fax comes in even if he does commit to us.

Ain't that the truth. It wasn't all that long ago when Cyrus what's his name announced on live TV he was signing with Auburn. Anybody remember how that worked out?

I just hope Gatewood doesn't read all this stuff that, seemingly at least, has already put him on the back burner to Fields before he gets sent to 3rd string behind Fields and Nix. Bird in the hand and alla' that. Recruiting, to fans at least, has become a chase after the newest bright shiny toy and just forget what's already in the toy box. We may end up spending three years being very glad that we signed Willis.

35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I just hope Gatewood doesn't read all this stuff that, seemingly at least, has already put him on the back burner to Fields before he gets sent to 3rd string behind Fields and Nix. Bird in the hand and alla' that. Recruiting, to fans at least, has become a chase after the newest bright shiny toy and just forget what's already in the toy box. We may end up spending three years being very glad that we signed Willis.

That seems to run counter to your recruiting philosophy on a certain other position group.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Any high profile athlete who takes precedent to what Twitter, football forums, etc has to say is pretty weak minded.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That seems to run counter to your recruiting philosophy on a certain other position group.

How so? My recruiting philosophy at LB, if one wants to dignify it as such, is to sign a minimum of three solid prospects per year. Getting a commitment from one and then ignoring him or stating publicly that he'll be beaten out by a hotter prospect is no way to get three or four. Ignoring Gatewood is what I was warning about.

Some on the board might be ignoring or having low expectations of JG, but I'll bet our coaches aren't. This kid is a big get in this recruiting cycle imo!

Just now, toddc said:

I have watched JG film so much...I hope he can bridge the gap as a QB.  I watch his film and just see a freakishly talented open field threat.  If you haven't seen his film this week, watch it - HE IS A HUGE COMMITMENT!!  I just see him catching the ball and scoring as a 6'4" BEAST as he trucks and drags DBs like rag dolls.  

I also love how he helps recruit other players!!!  I think he will become a great Auburn man.  

Til signing day, I dream of the optimal stuff...I am a 51 yr old with the imagination of a 12 yr old.  Is it time for ice cream?  

"It's Fields to Gatewood for 46 yards!   Touchdowwwwwn Auburn!   That makes it Auburn 49 and the dogs 7, going into half."

NFL network draft analyst on Justin Fields.

4 hours ago, toddc said:

Some on the board might be ignoring or having low expectations of JG, but I'll bet our coaches aren't. This kid is a big get in this recruiting cycle imo!

JG could be a stud for sure in 2 years. JF is a stud ready to play in the SEC now. He will be our starter next year. And no JG is not worried any player that has competitiveness is not going to shy away from a commitment when the team signs another qb in the same class. Now if we signed JF last ye at and he balled out for us this year maybe but they will be equal when they arrive. JG needs to be developed.   JF like I have said before would be the biggest get this decade imo. Now Cam is the best player ever so I am not saying he is better than Cam. 

Auburn is creating tons of depth at the skill positions and we have a QB guru coach who can organize an offense.  Auburn IS SURGING!   A HS player can come here and write his own script.  Cam did it in an excellerated fashion, Nick M did awesome and nobody wanted him at QB; now J Stidham is poised to do the same.  Look at our receiving corps....stacked!  Heck, some of the posters on this board could probably look good in this offense.  (Ok, maybe I went too far there)

The defensive coaches have recruited lights out and we have master developers on that side of the ball.  Top 5 defense last year and we just reloaded.

It's a great time to join the family....Our future is so bright, I got to wear shades!:cool:

12 hours ago, Beaker said:

Auburn is creating tons of depth at the skill positions and we have a QB guru coach who can organize an offense.  Auburn IS SURGING!   A HS player can come here and write his own script.  Cam did it in an excellerated fashion, Nick M did awesome and nobody wanted him at QB; now J Stidham is poised to do the same.  Look at our receiving corps....stacked!  Heck, some of the posters on this board could probably look good in this offense.  (Ok, maybe I went too far there)

The defensive coaches have recruited lights out and we have master developers on that side of the ball.  Top 5 defense last year and we just reloaded.

It's a great time to join the family....Our future is so bright, I got to wear shades!:cool:

With due respect Auburn ain't surging til we get some big wins on the field to squash some of the effects of the negative recruiting we are being hit with.

Sunday's top performers from The Opening: Southeast

Five-star quarterback Justin Fields shined Sunday — along with several other prospects from the Southeast.

Keith Niebuhr

BEAVERTON, Ore. — Sunday’s action at The Opening Finals featured the OL/DL challenge, hours of Nike 7on7 pool play and the first round of the Nike 7on7 Championship Tournament at night. This year, we’re breaking down our prospect reports by region instead of 7on7 team. Here’s who caught our eye today from the Southeast.

Alpha Dog

6_5364509.jpg
Quarterback Justin Fields. (Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)

Justin Fields (Kennesaw, GA/Harrison) — The 5-star recruit didn’t disappoint. He wasn’t just the most productive quarterback Sunday, he arguably was the top overall performer regardless of position. Fields carved up opposing defenses with precision throws, found open men all over the field, completed every type of pass and consistently moved his team down the field. His throws were accurate and crisp. More than anything, Fields was efficient. When all was said and done, he completed 27 of 35 passes for four touchdowns and no interceptions on eight drives.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Welp, this says it all. He is a true DT-QB and arguably the best player in the nation. This is why he is at the top of many schools recruiting board.

14 hours ago, Beaker said:

I so hope you are right.If we do everything else will workout.

On 7/2/2017 at 7:43 AM, Mikey said:

My hope is that we begin a dominant run this year and start winning at such a high rate that 4 and 5 stars are willing to come in and wait their turn for college championships and NFL dollars. I'm tired of guys favoring us because of a favorable depth chart. WDE!

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

With due respect Auburn ain't surging til we get some big wins on the field to squash some of the effects of the negative recruiting we are being hit with.

This X 1000!!!!!!

I would go even a little farther and say that we need to put together at least 2 solid seasons in a row to really surge!!!

At this point all we are is untapped potential. 

8 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This X 1000!!!!!!

I would go even a little farther and say that we need to put together at least 2 solid seasons in a row to really surge!!!

At this point all we are is untapped potential. 

I agree.  Not trying to be negative but I'm not drinking the koolaid just yet.  After the JJ Show flop from a couple of seasons ago, this team and the coaches are going to have to show me before I'll believe anything.  

8 hours ago, kd4au said:

I so hope you are right.If we do everything else will workout.

My last post regarding J Fields choosing Auburn:

When was our future brighter:  2009 or now?   Not even close...And in 2009 Cam chose Auburn.  Heisman and Natl Championship followed....But our future is brighter NOW vs. 2009.

Now Jason Stidham could've gone anywhere, he chose Auburn in 2016.  Since then, we have upgraded receiving corps and our OC/QB coach!    Which is better the team in Dec 2016 or now?   NOW!!!  

Heck - Look at what Gus did in 2013 with a DB at QB...I love Nick Marshall and his contribution.  

Time is NOW for Ross and Fields AND GATEWOOD for many reasons.    

WDE!

Archived