2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

one word: BAGMAN

I'm on it...............................................................................................................................................

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm on it...............................................................................................................................................

Make sure Cam is there to facilitate. He should know the process better than anyone!

14 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

My Man .............  beat me to it 

We saw the effects the last time we did this. Also, Fields >> NIX, JG

More than enough sources I have already been wowed by him.

Take 1 elite level QB every year you can.  Not sure why this has turned into a who we would prefer better because this time last year Fields wasn't a huge recruit like he is or even remotely on the same level as Nix so to think one is more ready then the other I have no idea how someone can come to that conclusion on 7v7 tournaments.

Have to remember Byron Cowart was a top 5 player and he's yet to perform at an extremely high level hopefully it changes this year.  Lawson was top 5 but stayed injured for 2 years.  Monty was extremely high top 25ish and he performed well his junior year and very well his senior year.  

I'm just trying to say this one guy isn't greater then the other 22-24 other players we will sign this year.  You have to add quality on top of quality year after year.

Back on topic though I'll take Fields and Nix.  Let the best man win and the other battle to make the team better.

4 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

This would be a big mistake to take Nix over Fields. Read E posts above Fields is that much better than Nix. Now how much will Bo improve his junior and senior year we will see but I have a hard time believing he will pass Fields in anyway. Fields is a stud. JS might stick around another year I highly doubt it if we have the type of year I expect. 

Nix is a year behind Fields. We'll have a good QB longer in a transition from Stidham to Nix than we would Stidham to Fields. The poll question was to make a choice, you can't take both. Under the circumstances of the poll, I take Nix.

I don't want to get my hopes up or anything (again knock on wood! lol I am realllllllllly supersticious) but I swear this feels like SUCH a Auburn recruitment when we land a big time stud. All the other teams are getting the love from the national guys while we lurk in the shadows with quiet confidence that is not loud and out there beating our chest like thuga. Feels similar to the Derrick Brown recruitment imo.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don't want to get my hopes up or anything (again knock on wood! lol I am realllllllllly supersticious) but I swear this feels like SUCH a Auburn recruitment when we land a big time stud. All the other teams are getting the love from the national guys while we lurk in the shadows with quiet confidence that is not loud and out there beating our chest like thuga. Feels similar to the Derrick Brown recruitment imo.

I sure do hope your right,. But my gut tells me the opposite on this one.  I sincerely hope my gut is wrong here.  

3 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I sure do hope your right,. But my gut tells me the opposite on this one.  I sincerely hope my gut is wrong here.  

what school would be the opposite then?

18 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Not sure why this has turned into a who we would prefer

Because as @Timeslider 6 already said, he just wanted to have something to discuss.

19 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I'm just trying to say this one guy isn't greater then the other 22-24 other players we will sign this year.  

I get & understand the theme of the entire post but with all due respect to make the quoted above statement as a definitive is foolish. He may or may not be the best we get in this class (if we get him) but we will not definitely know til the college careers are played out.

25 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Back on topic though I'll take Fields and Nix.  Let the best man win and the other battle to make the team better.

Completely agree.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I meant my gut says just the opposite to how you are feeling.  I have no idea where Fields is going,.  I just don't think it is AU.  

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Actually I can't remember a recruitment like it for us. a 4 team battle with us & FSU feeling we lead & the other 2 thinking we are 2nd to their teams. Weird media perspective of a recruitment.

On deeper thought Monty Adams is the closest thing I can think of. AU sources were quietly confident but the other 5 teams didn't give us a chance til the last weekend before NSD.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Actually I can't remember a recruitment like it for us. a 4 team battle with us & FSU feeling we lead & the other 2 thinking we are 2nd to their teams. Weird media perspective of a recruitment.

On deeper thought Monty Adams is the closest thing I can think of. AU sources were quietly confident but the other 5 teams didn't give us a chance til the last weekend before NSD.

OHHHHHHHHHHH the monty adams one!!! yes sir! that is a good one and a good example.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not sure but this guy had a way to deal with his gut feeling. 

opposite.gif

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

Nix is a year behind Fields. We'll have a good QB longer in a transition from Stidham to Nix than we would Stidham to Fields. The poll question was to make a choice, you can't take both. Under the circumstances of the poll, I take Nix.

I know NIx is  a year behind Fields.  He is also way behind him talent wise.  Fields is a player that doesn't come around very often.  He is the top player in the country no matter what the rankings say.  Fields would be able to come in and start the 2018 season for us imo.  We are going to get Nix, but if I have a choice I take Fields 100 out of 100 times.  It is looking very good that we get both so this poll really doesn't matter imo.

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

I know NIx is  a year behind Fields.  He is also way behind him talent wise.  Fields is a player that doesn't come around very often.  He is the top player in the country no matter what the rankings say.  Fields would be able to come in and start the 2018 season for us imo.  We are going to get Nix, but if I have a choice I take Fields 100 out of 100 times.  It is looking very good that we get both so this poll really doesn't matter imo.

Not trying to be a smart a$$, just curious is this what you think or what you have heard from the coaches?

Based on the vacations/travelling Stidham is doing this summer, seems he has a taste for the high life.  My gut tells me he wants to be one and done.  

having said that, if I WERE FIELDS, that would greatly influence me:  Cam was one and done, Stidham may be one and done....I am not comparing Fields to either, I know Cam and Stidham are older and physically different. 

Just sayin' what I would do.   And I have more reasons....

7 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Based on the vacations/travelling Stidham is doing this summer, seems he has a taste for the high life.  My gut tells me he wants to be one and done.  

having said that, if I WERE FIELDS, that would greatly influence me:  Cam was one and done, Stidham may be one and done....I am not comparing Fields to either, I know Cam and Stidham are older and physically different. 

I've been paying attention to that too but I wouldn't read anything into it.

57 minutes ago, Beaker said:

he can enjoy the high life when his girl is the daughter of one of the houston rockets owners!!! haha I doubt he is footing the bill for any of those trips. He chose right!

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And @augolf1716 will tell you in more ways than 1.

standing-ovation.gif

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And @augolf1716 will tell you in more ways than 1.

Yep noticed her a long time ago when JS was not even on the map to come to Auburn.....money and looks good combination

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

I've been paying attention to that too but I wouldn't read anything into it.

Agree. Kid is just blessed to have a mother and gf who's parents have pretty nice jobs. It look like his gf mother or father has a job that requires a lot of travel and they get to join. Man..that must be nice!  His gf's sister is also planning to attend Auburn in the fall. 

49 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

he can enjoy the high life when his girl is the daughter of one of the houston rockets owners!!! haha I doubt he is footing the bill for any of those trips. He chose right!

Ahhh. Didn't read before i responded. This explains a lot! No wonder they get to travel everywhere! Geesh they go to really nice places! lol. Seems like EVERY weekend! lol

Archived