2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Just noticed that his Official visit is the same day as our media day...He's visited before but does it matter that Gus won't be there this time?

Huh? OVs for high schoolers don't start til September. Now if you are talking about his 2 day UOV to AU the day is set to end for media days at 2:30 on the 13th.  Justin may be heading home by the time Gus leaves for Birmingham  & it doesn't matter. Chip is the key coach in this recruitment & can take care of the Fields family for a couple hours before they leave.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I've heard all about the domino affect if Fields signs with Auburn. I know Ross would be oneeded but who are the others?

Pierce is the main guy. It would also help with Kearis Jackson & Trey Hill.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

That's an extremely odd time for a prospect to be on an official visit. I don't recall ever having that happen before. That could be either good or bad I suppose but it's very unusual.

It's still against NCAA rules to do so before the SR season starts for HS SRs. JR's can't start OVing under the new rules until next April. Jucos are the only ones right now who can do Summer OVs.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

One thought:  he is comfy with Gus and his focus is about the depth chart/J Stidham's future, culture, and Coach Lindsey and his plans.  Seems logical.

It's actually a visit to see how well he gels with the players.

There is some buzz going around that if Matt Corral visits GA on the 25th and Fields hasn't committed to them yet he will pull the trigger. Hopefully that happens because Fields should definitely be a lock then.

41 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

There is some buzz going around that if Matt Corral visits GA on the 25th and Fields hasn't committed to them yet he will pull the trigger. Hopefully that happens because Fields should definitely be a lock then.

The subject of your sentence is Matt, sorta.  So you are saying "he" as in Matt,  will commit to UGA?  That's seems about the only way to read it.  (I sucked at the ACT test) July 25?  from what I have read here,  JF is not committing any time soon: taking his OVs.

11 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Not quite. FSU is likely our biggest threat for Fields, not UGA.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not quite/ FSU is likely our biggest threat for Fields, not UGA.

Crappeth....

7 hours ago, Beaker said:

The subject of your sentence is Matt, sorta.  So you are saying "he" as in Matt,  will commit to UGA?  That's seems about the only way to read it.  (I sucked at the ACT test) July 25?  from what I have read here,  JF is not committing any time soon: taking his OVs.

Yeah I'm saying if matt  commits to GA. I know he's not committing anytime soon but when he does it's much more likely he comes to us.

It's pretty funny going to his Twitter and seeing all the Bammers, FSU, and Florida fans bombarding him with comments on every post but I never see any AU fans doing that gladly.

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

It's pretty funny going to his Twitter and seeing all the Bammers, FSU, and Florida fans bombarding him with comments on every post but I never see any AU fans doing that gladly.

We usually have a few creepers doing it. Glad to hear that's not the case right now.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

We usually have a few creepers doing it. Glad to hear that's not the case right now.

<glances at golf>

2 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

<glances at golf>

Golf only creeps on girlfriends.

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Sometime:beer2: even wife's

I mean God did give us eyes to appreciate his beautiful creations, did he not.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yep

E needs to steer himself back onto thread topic! lol

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

"Lord, I ain't never been one to question your ways, but why did you give me a tallywhacker and a trigger finger if you didn't want me to use 'em?"~~From Randy Wayne White's novel The Man Who Invented Florida

7 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Uh yeah, it's gotten really weird here all a sudden. :)

Naa! We just went Bunker for a bit.

10 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We still in great shape here. 

We are in VERY Good shape here. VERY. Things can always change but only way I see us losing Fields is flopping on the field which isn't gonna happen.

8 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

We are in VERY Good shape here. VERY. Things can always change but only way I see us losing Fields is flopping on the field which isn't gonna happen.

No matter how connected a person is I wish nobody would say things like this. It's like straight up daring the football gods. We are 1 or 2 key injuries away from another 8-5 or worse season happening & that will likely cost us Fields because all bets will be off with the staff.

Archived