Baseball vs. Tennessee Tech Game Thread (Winner's Bracket)

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

AU now waits on the FSU- TTU winner tomorrow night at 6 CT.

What channel do we play on tomorrow?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've had to use the bullpen once for 20 pitches.  That is more than anybody could have asked for on Thursday.  I just hope we've got enough firepower with Daniel, Mitchell, Watson, Klobo, Comacho, Coker, Herndon and Lipscomb.  We are likely going to need all those guys even though it is set up and well as it could be.  

Did not see this coming after the blow out to Arkansas, did you??

14 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

What channel do we play on tomorrow?

Depends who we play. If's it's TTU it will be on the ESPN APP only. If it's FSU it depends on what other match ups are available & the channels ESPN has allocated for games starting at 6.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Depends who we play. If's it's TTU it will be on the ESPN APP only. If it's FSU it's depends on what other match ups are available there are & the channels ESPN has allocated for games starting at 6.

Chances are FSU will only be on the APP too. ESPN only has 1 channel with a 6 PM game start allotted, ESPNU. There's likely going to be a better game available rankings wise.

6 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Hopefully Davis & Coker will be enough.

I'd think about using Cole after Daniel if needed. Cole has been pitching better than most of our guys overall.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I'd think about using Cole after Daniel if needed. Cole has been pitching better than most of our guys overall.

I thought Coker looked good his last outing.

3 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

I thought Coker looked good his last outing.

Coker's ERA is nearly a run higher. If Lipscomb's tank if full I would use him 1st especially with him being a 5th year SR.

6 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

That game was a good example why you don't save a pitcher for a later round. We needed everything Mize could give us and he delivered.

No doubt. That team could flat out hit the ball. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

As to doing what was no way possible Casey says...

eca13411ececa48e1c2445040d7f5118.jpg

Fair enough. It was a monumental task and Casey was up to it. The defense was too. Take away the baserunning errors and AU might make that more comfortable. Have to be in better form on the base paths tomorrow. Either way, Keegan and Casey were a 1-2 combo of death so far. 

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Fair enough. It was a monumental task and Casey was up to it. The defense was too. Take away the baserunning errors and AU might make that more comfortable. Have to be in better form on the base paths tomorrow. Either way, Keegan and Casey were a 1-2 combo of death so far. 

Can't agree more about the base running. Now that we've used our two aces we need every run we can get

1 hour ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

I want to see the same Davis Daniels who pitched against UT and MSU

A freshman in a big game ....hope he can work it with all he's got and just tune out the rest.

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

A freshman in a big game ....hope he can work it with all he's got and just tune out the rest.

Davis has pitched in some big games this year. He's done poorly in some and been lights out in others; but all in all, he's been there before- like the old saying goes, he not a freshman anymore! 

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Davis has pitched in some big games this year. He's done poorly in some and been lights out in others; but all in all, he's been there before- like the old saying goes, he not a freshman anymore! 

It's his biggest game yet with more on the line. Butch has done a great job with his development. But he is still young and he's still learning....which was my point. 

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Well if the FSU folk continue to not show up for their games he won't have as much to tune out.

May just be me but I feel like Estes has been a huge part of our success this year. When he's swinging the bat well, the team seems to follow. I don't know if he had a slump during the bad stretch, but his ability to get the timely hits is huge

5 hours ago, jared52 said:

Gotta have bats today. No way you hold TTU to less than 5-6 runs.

FSU held them to 3 runs yesterday. 

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well if the FSU folk continue to not show up for their games he won't have as much to tune out.

Hope that is the case...attendance has been really poor thus far.

4 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I'm new to college baseball- if we win the regional, which super are we likely off to? 

We are matched up with Lubbock winner and likely will play there...Texas Tech is the #1 seed and in the driver's seat out there so would be the host.

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1/regionals/105

Meanwhile we will probably need to take one game from FSU to take that trip...not an easy task.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

We are matched up with Lubbock winner and likely will play there...Texas Tech is the #1 seed and in the driver's seat out there so would be the host.

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1/regionals/105

Meanwhile we will probably need to take one game from FSU to take that trip...not an easy task.

Would Keegan be back to pitch against whoever we face in the Super regional?

50 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Would Keegan be back to pitch against whoever we face in the Super regional?

Yes and so would Casey. Pitchers start 1 game per week. Supers is a best 2 out of 3 series.

Archived