Missed Field Goals

Builder

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I think it's a good. Get right for clemson, even though I don't think we will need it late in the game. 

I wish I had your confidence. WDE

It's funny how we take Carlson for granted. Most kickers can't make 50+ yard field goals. Heck, had he made all 4 he would have been only the second kicker in history to make 2 50+yard field goals in a game. The first was earlier that day in the Michigan/Florida game, if you are wondering. The kicks he missed were 53 and 46. One of the ones he made was over 50 and looked like it could have gone another 15 yards, easily. Most kickers would have maybe made one of the field goals he attempted.

There's rumor that, in a game where it doesn't matter, Gus is going to give him a shot to break the record (67 yards).

Carlson will be fine.

The snaps weren't that good either which can mess up a kicker.  One of the snaps was almost lost completely.  Don't worry too much.  It is Daniel Carlson we are talking about after all. 

3 hours ago, Builder said:

We had 2 missed field goals? We will need those against Clemson.

Wise investment.

He's saving those two for next week.

Don't forget that Daniel missed 3 FG's last season, but he still ended up as one of the best if not the best placekickers in college football. 

9 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Hopefully, Daniel got his misses for the season out of the way early. That's all I am allowing him for the season. :Sing:

We certainly have gotten used to DC making FGs look like XPs.  Even my 9 year-old gasped after he missed the 2nd one!

Definitely hoping/assuming these misses are out-of-the-way and he'll be locked in at Clemson.  Would just love to see him win one next week by splitting the uprights as time expires.

Archived