NFL Thread

aujeff11

51 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Pa-Leeze!  Brady don’t need s***.  The Patriots are probably the dirtiest team in the history of the NFL. Well, there is probably no probably about it. For years, cheating, lying, steroids, dirty play, etc., etc, etc, from players to coaches to front office to all of them!!!  Remind you if anyone?!?  I would rather see a Chiefs-Rams Super Bowl. Bring in some new blood!  

I LOVE Brady and the Patriots and the way people hate them. 💍💍💍💍💍 +💍

50 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Looks like that trophy and $250K Payton flaunted in front of the players ain't helping none.

Are we not too sure that he used that stuff to motivate them to do something else...BountyGate 2.0

I think that was a poor decision to take a timeout less than a minute into the 3rd to avoid a 5 yard penalty. Too much time left in the game and too close to burn timeouts this early for such a trivial penalty. 

• Love 1

Peat is killing tbe Saints. Philly’s secondary hasn’t been this bad since early in the season. 

Damn. Wish Cams team had re hired him as DC. They missed him this past season.

Listen here guys, we give Witten a lot of crap for sucking at his new job, but Aikman said Robert Woods was like the best player in the league. How does he get off with that?

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

He’s apparently a pretty tough kid and tbe South Carolina GOAT. I’m glad Philly didn’t give him a hard time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Thanks.....the guy deserved a better fate......all the great catches in a season and folks will mostly remember the one that got away....😕

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Thanks.....the guy deserved a better fate......all the great catches in a season and folks will mostly remember the one that got away....😕

And he didn't drop it in the endzone, and they needed 6, so it's not like he actually lost the game. 

They jumped out to a 14-0 lead and didn't score another point. Team loss for sure. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

so it's not like he actually lost the game

He didn’t lose it. He only killed any chance of winning while near the RZ and late into the game by basically turning the ball over himself.

Edited by aujeff11

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

He didn’t lose it. He only killed any chance of winning while near the RZ and late into the game by basically turning the ball over himself.

I did not care much who won.....but I always hate to see a game turn on the basis of one person making a glaring mistake....which causes people to forget all the things that went before which had a big impact on the outcome.....or just changed the flow or momentum of the game.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I did not care much who won.....but I always hate to see a game turn on the basis of one person making a glaring mistake....which causes people to forget all the things that went before which had a big impact on the outcome.....or just changed the flow or momentum of the game.  

Yep. Me too. But you know in hockey and other sports, the impact of the individual after extra regulation is meant to have a significant impact, so I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing. Truth be told: Parkey scored more points than the Bears offense that day, and still went down as the villain. Jeffery played hurt but great until that costly drop. Still, those are plays that should be made by professionals that are paid as well as they are. Nobody gives a crap about tbe second quarter INT when the Eagles were still in positon to take the lead with less than 2 minutes left into the game.  The Eagles were the underdogs and were in exactly the best possible position that they could’ve wanted being inside the dome. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

till, those are plays that should be made by professionals that are paid as well as they are

That particular play......but professionals are not perfection.....and make some amazing catches and miss some routine.....just the nature of the game.  

And like the Parkey "miss"......nobody was questioning much why a couple gigantic Eagles D Linemen were in his face.  Parkey paying the "price' for the other doinks he made through out the season I guess.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That particular play......but professionals are not perfection.....and make some amazing catches and miss some routine.....just the nature of the game.

It wasn’t a hard catch. It was a play that has to be made by the best receiver on the team.  He’s paid to make that catch regardless of what’s happened prior to the drop.