Who Do You Want?

ClaytonAU

Shaw 

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see us still having an ear from Bobby P.

Kelly is another one of the names that comes up every time that doesn't seem realistic to me. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gus stumble his way into a decent season thanks to Steele's defense. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him as HC in 2018. 

but just for fun...

Make Borges interim HC, and allow Lindsay full OC responsibility. Defense stays same, and at end of year re-boot! 

Borges could at least be the voice for rest of year. 

Gus may lose the team, if not already. This can't happen to the kids who signed up to play for Auburn! Remember a recruit should choose a school because he loves it, as we all know coaching changes do happen. 

My brother texted a version of this crazy list to me last night.  Seems like it would feed directly into the 'too many cooks' adage.  He wants CGM gone today and his larger point was that they all have experience...and all are currently available (or already on staff).

HC: Tommy Tuberville

OC/QB: Rick Neuheisel or (Borges)

WR: Houston Nutt

RB: Jim Tressel

TE/HB: (Porter)

OL: Les Miles

DC:  (Steele)

DL: (Garner)

LB: (Williams)

DB: Gene Chizik

WDE! 

Yall are listing the same group of people or type of people from when we hired Gus. 

Briles- ugh same ole crap

Chip Kelly- same ole crap

Patterson- hes never leaving TCU. 

Patrino- nope, trust issues, integrity issues, etc

Sean mcdaniels- ok! Thats new

What ab Steele? 

What about Venables? 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Brent vennables

Pat Narduzzi

Paul Chryst

James Franklin

Chad Morris

PJ Fleck

Dan Mullen

Pretty different list. Dont think Dan will leave msu ,idk. 

Just now, ToomersStreet said:

If Jay Jacobs is left to hire the next coach it  will end up being Will Muschamp

I agree Jay Jacobs would probably go after Muschamp.  Although, I am pretty sure Muschamp is no fan of Jay.  I will say this, Muschamp may be an improvement over Gus.

wde

19 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

If Jay Jacobs is left to hire the next coach it  will end up being Will Muschamp

Or pat nix

I think the best realistic option would be Sark if we could accept that he's moved past his addiction issues (which it seems like he has).

Josh McDaniels would be great if we could accept an unproven head coach without the guidance of Bill Belichick.

I don't think James Franklin is realistic...I think he's truly happy at Penn state and has a great thing going there. 

Auburn doesn't seem like the type of school chip Kelly would wind up at...He's more of a west coast type coach.

I'm tired of seeing coaches do more with less talent than what we have. 

I want James Franklin. What he did at Vanderbilt and now at Penn State is amazing. He is a REAL coach!

After waking up, going to church, and thinking about last night... I'm still mad. I thought this thread I made might've been a bit premature but after thinking it over I'm ready for new blood on the staff. Those guys deserve better than what we got last night. 

1 hour ago, Auhud08 said:

Yall are listing the same group of people or type of people from when we hired Gus. 

Briles- ugh same ole crap

Chip Kelly- same ole crap

Patterson- hes never leaving TCU. 

Patrino- nope, trust issues, integrity issues, etc

Sean mcdaniels- ok! Thats new

What ab Steele? 

What about Venables? 

Steele used to be the HC at Baylor and tanked.  So no thank you.  Patterson will leave TCU IF we through Saban money at him.  Venables no more coordinators we need a proven HC.  Chip Kelley will leave as soon as he gets another NFL offer.

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I don't like Mullen, but he's the one in that bunch that might come.

I would take Dan Mullen honestly.

1 minute ago, ToomersStreet said:

Steele used to be the HC at Baylor and tanked.  So no thank you.  Patterson will leave TCU IF we through Saban money at him.  Venables no more coordinators we need a proven HC.  Chip Kelley will leave as soon as he gets another NFL offer.

And give him full control. 

Just now, WinningTradition said:

We need to have one voice at auburn and not a million. Give a new coach control. 

Pay a new coach and pay Steele to stay. 

A new HC (Veteran) will want his own staff

Archived