Sean White arrested

TitanTiger

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Football hasn't helped this guy. He needs to find help.

Families should help. Sean, you can still be successful football is not the most important thing in life with the courage you showed I know you will be a winner. War Eagle.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

He's been the only qb that could run the offense the past two years.  He was also one of the highest rated qbs in the country till he got hurt against Ole Miss.  Auburn's offense stalled the next game against Vandy with a healthy Pettway.  The rest is history.  First drive vs Oklahoma was the only offense Auburn had all game.  He's been the only thing that has worked out for this offense the past two years. 

I actually agree with everything you've written.  I guess me disagreement is nuanced that he is "under appreciated".  I appreciate him very much.  I just think it was time to move in another direction.

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

Sean doesn't deserve to play or dress, but (I think) he deserves to be on scholly surrounded by support.

dungeon and others ... letting this issue, and by this issue I mean every time a player fails a drug test or has their mug shot on the news, turn into a political, religious or moral debate is simply the idiotic.  

WHEN AN ATHLETE SIGNS A SCHOLARSHIP PAPER HE AGREES TO  A STANDARD OF BEHAVIOR.  EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING, EVERTHING else is irrelevant.

My name isn't "Dungeon".  It's AU Dungeon Master.  

How do you get a PI on game night in a town when the whole town is PI? Was he cutting up and causing trouble? Or was he being targeted? Does anybody here know the story? The charge in itsself could be as simple as having a few, and walking home.

16 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I actually agree with everything you've written.  I guess me disagreement is nuanced that he is "under appreciated".  I appreciate him very much.  I just think it was time to move in another direction.

Under appreciated was more aimed at the coaches.  To go through fall practice in 2015 and 2016 and not be picked based on talent available has to be mind numbing.  He saved Gus's job and this teams season both times.  Sean may like to have too much fun but he never got into trouble when he thought he could contribute to the team.  

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

How do you get a PI on game night in a town when the whole town is PI? Was he cutting up and causing trouble? Or was he being targeted? Does anybody here know the story? The charge in itsself could be as simple as having a few, and walking home.

Possibly.  But with his recent suspension, it seems like he'd be hell-bent on trying to show he can now be trusted, and that the coaches didn't make a mistake by giving him another chance.  That's what I'd be doing and thinking if I were him.

57 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Sigh.  I don't think you understand why laws are in place or what something like the Auburn creed means.  Why stop there?  Why should you stop for a red light or at a stop sign?  Can't be free if you have to stop for another car right?

You're arguing against a straw man of your own  construction!  Not me!  Before getting a full proper understanding of this situation, you need to go back and watch highlights of Jeff Burger from the 1985-87 seasons paying particular attention to Burger's moxy and gamesmanship (1986 UT game is a good start) while concurrently looking up the list of various offenses (plagiarism, illegal benefits, illegal firearm possession, brawling at Krystal's, etc...) during his tenure.  Then and only then comeback to me and talk about the Auburn Creed all you want.  I for one prefer to have Auburn QB's who haven't been made into neutered eunuchs.   

I'm very disappointed in SW.  I really admired him until his suspension/arrest. 

He's demonstrated toughness, leadership, and loyalty in the past.  During the off season, I found myself pulling for him to beat out Stidham for the starting QB job.  He always seemed like an "against all odds" winner to me.

And now this.  This is a small reminder to me as to why I quit having "sports heroes" in my twenties.  It seems like every time I develop true respect for the way a player lives their life, they get arrested the next day.

reading this i would think Sean was a roadie for Ozzie Osborne....j/k he needs the support of the team now. but he does not deserve to be on the field until he gets his act together. 

5 hours ago, ChattTNTiger said:

Unfortunate  I feel like this team is fixing to fall apart fast ?

Why?  Alabama has players arrested all the time and it doesn't seem to effect their national championship run.

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

At this point it's about the kid and not football.  Do you can him and possibly send him spiraling down a washed up tube or do you take the 100 players and try to help him.  I lean to the compassionate side and that human life is more important then football.  

Enabling is not compassion.  

Football and the 100 players you speak of, have not helped him and may have even made it worse.   Enough is enough.

Rehab (again) and Junior College will hopefully help this young man.  Mike Dyer comes to mind.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Enabling is not compassion.  

Football and the 100 players you speak of, have not helped him and may have even made it worse.   Enough is enough.

Rehab (again) and Junior College will hopefully help this young man.  Mike Dyer comes to mind.

thats kinda' what we're talking about....

3 hours ago, AU_Dungeon_Master said:

But you shouldn't have to if you don't want to.  It's a slave mentality to simply do what your told.  If we all took the approach of simply following rules for the sake of the rule without thinking it through then we'd have no freedoms and live in a terrible world.  Smoking marijuana is safer for pain (say from a broken arm) than taking the legally prescribed opiates that huge portions of our populations are addicted to and dying from ultimately.   BTW, I don't smoke marijuana. But if I wanted to do that, I should be able to without having to have my bodily fluids tested.  That's very creepy if you think about it and it's a threat to every single one of us.  If it's not marijuana it will be something else down the road.  It's a very bad precedent to allow any sort of drug testing without a warrant and needs to be done away with.  

LOL you obviously have not worked in the real world much have you?  The employer makes the rules...not me. 

1 hour ago, WDG said:

Families should help. Sean, you can still be successful football is not the most important thing in life with the courage you showed I know you will be a winner. War Eagle.

Agree.  Families of those with substance abuse problems are told not to enable the abuse, and that can be very hard.  Choices have consequences and rewards whether we agree with how society metes them out or not.  Addicts only learn to make better choices when forced to face the consequences of poor choices.

Honestly, very few people have any idea how much partying the kid had done, how much AU has/has not offered to help, how much Gus has/has not disciplined him (aside from the two game suspension). We have no idea how much has or has not transpired to this point. Additionally, I don't think anyone has mentioned the specifics of this incident either. 

Regardless, he has standards he must adhere to. He knows as well as anyone that he can be called upon at any time to lead the team and it hurts everyone when he's sitting out because he's in trouble, not to mention that it's a distraction, 

He should absolutely be shown mercy, especially if there is a serious problem, but sometimes that involves tough love as well. 

Is his problem really that bad or is it youthful shenanigans and immaturity? People are mentioning rehab as if he has already gone there and addiction. Are we talking Johnny Manziel or Baker Mayfield here? Does anyone really know? If we are talking Manzeil, he needs to be off the team and focused on getting help. If we are talking Mayfield, he needs to be given consequences/punishment and kept in an environment where he can contribute. Don't talk Manzeil if he is not there, don't ruin this kid's total reputation because of rumors.

FWIW, I totally get where swimomma is coming from.  I would probably feel the same way if I had child at AU on a partial athletic scholly (swimmers don't get their asses kissed near as much as football players at AU in terms of money and work far harder), who worked hard and stayed out of trouble when a pampered, so-called leader of the most hear no evil/speak no evil  athletic program on campus gets sympathy that would not be given to her son if he was a much of a Fup as SW.

wde

5 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Is his problem really that bad or is it youthful shenanigans and immaturity? People are mentioning rehab as if he has already gone there and addiction. Are we talking Johnny Manziel or Baker Mayfield here? Does anyone really know? If we are talking Manzeil, he needs to be off the team and focused on getting help. If we are talking Mayfield, he needs to be given consequences/punishment and kept in an environment where he can contribute. Don't talk Manzeil if he is not there, don't ruin this kid's total reputation because of rumors.

I think 23 said in another post it's not addiction bad - more like partying frat boy with a bad attitude OFF the field. 

35 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

There is only one person who is ruining their reputation and that is SW. You know how to dissuade rumors and politics ? Don't get arrested (you wont't be a headline on ESPN) and don't force your coaches hand into a suspension. 

26 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I think 23 said in another post it's not addiction bad - more like partying frat boy with a bad attitude OFF the field. 

Well then that's not a problem then.  People don't have to like the quarterback personally or approve of his lifestyle or attitude for him to play football.  Maybe the cop who arrested him was in the wrong?  Happens all the time.  

43 minutes ago, wareagle7298 said:

LOL you obviously have not worked in the real world much have you?  The employer makes the rules...not me. 

Funny you mentioned real world...in my world the Dungeon Master actually does make the rules so I have no idea what you're talking about.  

4 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

His father needs to come down to Auburn, after he's let him sit in a jail cell for a good 24 hours, and kick his @$$! Not only has he screwed up his future on the football team, he has possibly screwed up paying for the rest of his college education and cost his family a pile of money! I would be so freaking mad at my kid at this point. He would be waaaaaay more afraid of me than he would his coaches. :realmad:  Then, after that, I would make the decision about whether he should be playing football or not. The coaches wouldn't even have to. If I thought he was ashamed, humbled and had learned his lesson, then I would beg the coaches to make him clean out the stalls, whatever he had to do for this entire year, to allow him to stay. If he was still cocky and didn't seem to get the fact that he screwed up badly, I would leave him in jail while I went and packed up all his stuff, and he would then come home with me and go to some rinky dink little junior college where he was a nobody. :realmad: He has embarrassed the Auburn team and embarrassed his family. And I love this kid, but he needs his family's discipline right now. 

I hope Gus won't knee jerk and just kick him off the team automatically. I would base it on his attitude. If there is a way for him to earn his way back on the team, I would give him a chance if his head is in the right place. If he doesn't care, then he is a poison to the team, and he has to go. 

While I do see what you are saying.....Sean is 21. His parents unfortunately have no legal authority to do any of those things except to cut him off financially. They can appeal to him emotionally as his parents but they have no say in what happens with Sean except for the money. That could be enough of an incentive....I don't know. But if Sean is truly having substance abuse problems then he needs rehab asap. No amount of parental ire will make a difference if that kid is drug dependent. He has now gone beyond the point where drugs are just occasional.....they are now causing him big trouble. That is a very clear sign of addiction. 

Archived