Sean White arrested

TitanTiger

19 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Sad, really sad.  Yeah, I understand that he is 21 and doing things many 21 year olds do. But, in his position as a representative and leader of a major university football team, he has to watch his steps.  The kid needs help.  The university and football team needs to get behind him and support him in getting the help he needs.  Booting him is not the answer.  He needs the team.  

The seat of Gus is scorching hot it's beyond on fire.  This is the last thing this team needs.  Like it or not, he's held to a higher standard being on the team and given a full ride that other 21 year olds don't have.  If this was an isolated occurrence then yes just help him and keep him on the team but it's not.  And Gus has to boot him.  If he doesn't he will lose this team and will be fired sooner rather than later.  

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AU_Dungeon_Master said:

Marijuana is legal in several states with 10's of millions of Americans living with that basic freedom that is denied people in states like Alabama.  I don't even know why they would drug test for something like that in the first place.  It's a total violation of someone's privacy whether they play football on scholarship or not.  

So and crossing state lines with it?  Is that legal?  It's not.  The fact remains this, The Auburn Creed states obedience to law.  If it's illegal in Alabama then Sean or any other player has no business doing it.  And if he agreed to the team rules and being a representative on Auburn's football team then he should be booted.

Well there goes the backup plan at QB.  Might as well pull the redshirt off Malik and get him some reps.  If anything happens to Stidham we are going to need him.  I know Sean is disappointed at not being the starter but there is no excuse for that crap.  You have a different standard when you are part of the team, you are not just another student, and you just can't act like that.  I think we have probably seen the last of him in an Auburn uniform.  Sad for him.  

6 minutes ago, lala said:

That is not the point and fact remains.   I work n a business that does requires test and I understand the rules and abide by them.  He should too!

But you shouldn't have to if you don't want to.  It's a slave mentality to simply do what your told.  If we all took the approach of simply following rules for the sake of the rule without thinking it through then we'd have no freedoms and live in a terrible world.  Smoking marijuana is safer for pain (say from a broken arm) than taking the legally prescribed opiates that huge portions of our populations are addicted to and dying from ultimately.   BTW, I don't smoke marijuana. But if I wanted to do that, I should be able to without having to have my bodily fluids tested.  That's very creepy if you think about it and it's a threat to every single one of us.  If it's not marijuana it will be something else down the road.  It's a very bad precedent to allow any sort of drug testing without a warrant and needs to be done away with.  

His father needs to come down to Auburn, after he's let him sit in a jail cell for a good 24 hours, and kick his @$$! Not only has he screwed up his future on the football team, he has possibly screwed up paying for the rest of his college education and cost his family a pile of money! I would be so freaking mad at my kid at this point. He would be waaaaaay more afraid of me than he would his coaches. :realmad:  Then, after that, I would make the decision about whether he should be playing football or not. The coaches wouldn't even have to. If I thought he was ashamed, humbled and had learned his lesson, then I would beg the coaches to make him clean out the stalls, whatever he had to do for this entire year, to allow him to stay. If he was still cocky and didn't seem to get the fact that he screwed up badly, I would leave him in jail while I went and packed up all his stuff, and he would then come home with me and go to some rinky dink little junior college where he was a nobody. :realmad: He has embarrassed the Auburn team and embarrassed his family. And I love this kid, but he needs his family's discipline right now. 

I hope Gus won't knee jerk and just kick him off the team automatically. I would base it on his attitude. If there is a way for him to earn his way back on the team, I would give him a chance if his head is in the right place. If he doesn't care, then he is a poison to the team, and he has to go. 

21 minutes ago, AU_Dungeon_Master said:

Marijuana is legal in several states with 10's of millions of Americans living with that basic freedom that is denied people in states like Alabama.  I don't even know why they would drug test for something like that in the first place.  It's a total violation of someone's privacy whether they play football on scholarship or not.  

As one who voted for legalization in one of those states, players still get tested. You still get tested at jobs. Just because it's "legal" recreationally, doesn't mean tests stop. Not remotely.

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

As one who voted for legalization in one of those states, players still get tested. You still get tested at jobs. Just because it's "legal" recreationally, doesn't mean tests stop. Not remotely.

That's a serious problem then because it sets up two different societies that have to live by different rules.  The workers that have to show up to jobs get drug tested while the idle rich and welfare recipients get to enjoy their freedom.  That's a terrible double standard that will undermine society if not corrected.  Surely they can have marijuana breathslizers like devices to see if someone is currently high or intoxicated at work.  

Just now, AU_Dungeon_Master said:

That's a serious problem then because it sets up two different societies that have to live by different rules.  The workers that have to show up to jobs get drug tested while the idle rich and welfare recipients get to enjoy their freedom.  That's a terrible double standard that will undermine society if not corrected.  Surely they can have marijuana breathslizers like devices to see if someone is currently high or intoxicated at work.  

Double standard or not it's the way it is. As far as a marijuana breathalyzer, they don't have that per se and I can't speak to the truth behind this as I never experienced it, but I've heard the police in Oregon had a flashlight they could shine in your eyes to see if you were compared or not. 

But that's the rules.  Collegiate players are still tested in Oregon, and any job that requires a test still tests. 

30 minutes ago, AU_Dungeon_Master said:

It's a slave mentality to simply do what your told.

I agree that, generally, people need to ask "why" more often. And marijuana is one of those subjects. 

The football team is clearly not the place for rebellion. He knew the rules day one and basically formed a contract to follow the Univ and/or team rules in order to receive his jersey and scholarship.

He can smoke crack, sniff paint, or smoke cigs, on his own time or do whatever drug under the sun if he feels his football scholarship isn't worth it. It's not a slave mentality at all.

It's like an employee telling his employer: "I'm not going to do that because I don't want to." The employee doesn't have to do it or abide by the rules, but  he doesn't have to stay on the payroll either. If  you know what I mean.

5 minutes ago, AU_Dungeon_Master said:

But I do agree it should be legal everywhere. It's less dangerous than alcohol and opiates. And the state can make MILLIONS in taxes. That's why I voted for legalization. For the tax money. The exact same reason this backward state should have a lottery.

24 minutes ago, AU_Dungeon_Master said:

But you shouldn't have to if you don't want to.  It's a slave mentality to simply do what your told.  If we all took the approach of simply following rules for the sake of the rule without thinking it through then we'd have no freedoms and live in a terrible world.  Smoking marijuana is safer for pain (say from a broken arm) than taking the legally prescribed opiates that huge portions of our populations are addicted to and dying from ultimately.   BTW, I don't smoke marijuana. But if I wanted to do that, I should be able to without having to have my bodily fluids tested.  That's very creepy if you think about it and it's a threat to every single one of us.  If it's not marijuana it will be something else down the road.  It's a very bad precedent to allow any sort of drug testing without a warrant and needs to be done away with.  

Most employers do drug testing to ensure a safe workplace, not to infringe on your rights. I don't care if the kid taking my ticket stub at the theatre smoked weed last night. I do care to minimize the chance that the crane operator in downtown Manhattan is high or working with a hangover. Thus drug testing. Rights come with responsibilities. 

56 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If I was a betting man, I would bet that any chance that Sean would play at all this year just went out the window with this DUI. Why did Malzahn bench him for the first 3 games? was it due to drinking or worse?

I agree with you, Sean may stay on the team but he wont play a down this season

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

From SW to legalizing marijuana. This guy really got us going on this thread 

Well...the reason people are saying he should be kicked off is because he failed a test for marijuana on top of having been arrested for PI.  I was just saying that drug testing students for marijuana is ridiculous and that it's terrible that SW would have his life seriously impacted by it.  It's none of our business what he does in his off time away from football. Plus I think he's the best QB on team that we've seen play in an actual game.   I hate to see Gus get rid of him to make a meaningless gesture that he's still in control of the team.

1 hour ago, AU_Dungeon_Master said:

There's been a lot of big time QB's that like to party over the years. 

IMG_2378.JPG

Fresca and a cigarette?

11 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Watching Gus' team is making me drink.

I've seen many posters state this and I've talked to several alumni and fans who've also stated the exact same thing so it's undeniable that Gus is causing many people to consume more alcohol due to his shoddy coaching.  Is it not so unreasonable to conclude it would be even more so for an actual player...let's say for sake of argument, a back-up QB, who used to start?  

Wow. So much love in this thread. What's really sad is how far the goodness of Auburn fans has fallen. 

I agree SW needs to not play a down this year barring a complete turnaround. That said, I am disgusted by all the folks wanting to toss him out on his rear.  Making good men should be priority number one. Not winning.  The focus here should be ensuring SW doesn't take a turn for the worse, while balancing him not affecting the team.   Tough to do, but these things are never easy. The "easy" thing to do is to throw the bad guy out and forget you ever knew him to protect others. Doesn't make it the right thing. 

If Sean White were the number one QB this wouldn't be an issue. I think with this being his senior year and likely wasn't going to see much playing time outside of a Stidham injury, he checked out of football. But hey why does it matter he sucks anyway right?

Sorry, not buying that this is just "boys being boys" junk.  My son was an athlete, he was an Auburn representative and definitely would have been thrilled with a full scholarship, as would many students who are struggling to even go to college!! If this is the standard for this time, then no wonder we look like a middle school group out there! My son was busy training twice a day, going to class and representing Auburn and doing what was necessary for his swim team.

Gus has no control, has no leadership, puts no fear into these players and it shows on and off the field. They play like a bunch of slackers. All of us pay way too much money, sit is horrible seats, and try weekly to sit through this stuff!Enough is enough

Sean needs to be kicked to the curb, Gus and Jay need to join him there.,

Archived