Sean White arrested

TitanTiger

Told about Sean early this morning from one the Auburn police officers. You really need to try hard for a PI in Auburn, 4 fold on game day. Sad

Almost sounds like a "Help" call from Sean. Hope he gets straight with all.....still a kid.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, I think this is more than just college kid doing what college kids do.  This feels more like a substance abuse problem.

Were you a 'kid' at 21? I was a full grown adult. I hate when 21 year-old are called 'kids.'. It infers that they shouldn't be expected to be accountable for their actions. That's why you see today's 21 year olds living at home...

12 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Sean isn't doing anything any other college kid is doing. Problem is that he is on scholarship to play football and has a free ride. I told yall before the season I don't expect Sean to take a bother snap here. He parties way too much and it is more important than football to him obviously.

Maybe when 21 year old adults quit being told they're 'kids,' they'll act like adults. But that's just me.

4 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Were you a 'kid' at 21? I was a full grown adult. I hate when 21 year-old are called 'kids.'. It infers that they shouldn't be expected to be accountable for their actions. That's why you see today's 21 year olds living at home...

if you have an addiction to drugs and alcohol, age ain't got s**t to do with it....yes, its about choices, but once you lose the ability to chose, you are a slave to the substance

Just now, doverstutts said:

if you have an addiction to drugs and alcohol, age ain't got s**t to do with it....yes, its about choices, but once you lose the ability to chose, you are a slave to the substance

You missed the point, but carry on.  

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

You missed the point, but carry on.  

no  i didn't miss your point....a 40 year old can be a kid if he is addicted to drugs or alcohol.....manziel is a perfect example of what the thought process is, in that he blew a NFL paycheck just to drink,smoke dope and party....that is a sign of a problem other than immaturity.  if you don't know about addiction, up close and personal like i do, you have no idea

Obviously the guy needs some help, not so much hate. This is a guy who put it on the line for Auburn and Auburn should return the favor. If he is a nucance and is detrimental to the team then by all means remove him but at least get him the help he needs. Think about what he's going through, he was a highly recruited QB who came to AU and took over a struggling offense for two years before going down with what some say a injury that he may not be able to come back from. He never lived up to his own expectations I'm sure and now he knows he won't play for AU again much less an NFL team. He probably feels like his entire future/dreams just went out the window. He may be depressed. The kid is coping in the wrong way. Remove him from the team but get him the help he needs and then help him get a degree. Salvage what you can with him. People need to try and be more understanding. 

17 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I'm 46 years old.  Someone that's 21 feels like they are still kind of a "kid."  They're still going to school.  I'm not saying "kid" like I think they should be treated like a 13 year old.  Don't get hung up on a word choice that wasn't meant to convey the depth of meaning you seem to be attaching to it.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm 46 years old.  Someone that's 21 feels like they are still kind of a "kid."  They're still going to school.  I'm not saying "kid" like I think they should be treated like a 13 year old.  Don't get hung up on a word choice that wasn't meant to convey the depth of meaning you seem to be attaching to it.

That's the way I feel and I'm only 37.

The way I see it, kid as in maturity level. There is a reason auto insurance premiums don't reduce substantially until you hit 25.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Guess it's time to take the red shirt off Willis and give him some playing time.  After watching JS for three games this season I think it would be nice to have a guy available who is also a threat with his feet and perhaps have the "read-option" somewhere in the playbook and I don't think that JS is the guy for that.   And would be good to have someone who might be able to go the distance if the need arises. JMO.

We don't actually think that Gus Malzahn would actually give a second string QB some playing time do we? I agree with you , but it won't happen.

Must be more then public intox. You don't get kicked off teams for that. Theirs guys getting caught with weed and guns that dont get kicked off teams. Public intox is a bill sh$$ charge but generally you have to be acting crazy to get charged with it. Definitely more to the story

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

According to various posters and at least a couple of admins on the pay sites, Sean White is gone.  Expect an announcement in the next day or so.

Just heartbreaking. I really like this kid.  All of this really shocks me. I hope he gets himself together.

4 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

We don't actually think that Gus Malzahn would actually give a second string QB some playing time do we? I agree with you , but it won't happen.

Yeah...I guess that could be true but might as well acknowledge that Willis is now the back-up and get him some time under center with the first team.   Hoping maybe Chip and not Gus would be making the decisions  :)

For the first games while SW was held out I could using Adams as emergency back up for a few plays if needed,  but looks to me like that condition has changed.  I'm figuring that unless the OL problems get fixed,  sooner or later JS will get his bell rung by some DE or LB.  Just thinking it would be good to have someone who could complete a game or play a game or more if necessary and at the moment Willis looks like the guy to do it.  .  

2 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

Must be more then public intox. You don't get kicked off teams for that. Theirs guys getting caught with weed and guns that dont get kicked off teams. Public intox is a bill sh$$ charge but generally you have to be acting crazy to get charged with it. Definitely more to the story

Probably an accumulation of stuff and this was the final straw.

When he was winning games for us, he had all the support in the world, now that he is the backup and going through a difficult time, I hear "kick him to the curb". That is not very family of us. Was there any reports of issues prior to the Sugar Bowl; If not, could the injuries and the demotion, have lead to this behavior? Instead of pushing him away and making matters worse, come to his aide. Spend time with him in an environment that he will not be tempted. The coming days may impact the rest of his life.

Just now, dabrasco said:

When he was winning games for us, he had all the support in the world, now that he is the backup and going through a difficult time, I hear "kick him to the curb". That is not very family of us. Was there any reports of issues prior to the Sugar Bowl; If not, could the injuries and the demotion, have lead to this behavior? Instead of pushing him away and making matters worse, come to his aide. Spend time with him in an environment that he will not be tempted. The coming days may impact the rest of his life.

Official reports?  No.  But behind the scenes it's been known he has an affinity for the weed.  He's been given multiple chances on this stuff and had just come off of a suspension for the same behavior.  Sorry, but playing college football is a privilege, not a right.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Official reports?  No.  But behind the scenes it's been known he has an affinity for the weed.  He's been given multiple chances on this stuff and had just come off of a suspension for the same behavior.  Sorry, but playing college football is a privilege, not a right.

I know it is not a right, but was there any attempt to help him? I just hate for this to happen. A friend of mine had problems with the bottle, he is now dead and I wonder if I did enough.

Just now, dabrasco said:

I know it is not a right, but was there any attempt to help him? I just hate for this to happen. A friend of mine had problems with the bottle, he is now dead and I wonder if I did enough.

I don't know, but I know he's been given a lot of chances to get this right and stay with the team rather than get kicked to the curb.  Weed isn't physically addictive like alcohol and other drugs are, so I don't think it's necessarily a "I can't stop" thing.  He just doesn't give a s*** about his team or any consequences.

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't know, but I know he's been given a lot of chances to get this right and stay with the team rather than get kicked to the curb.  Weed isn't physically addictive like alcohol and other drugs are, so I don't think it's necessarily a "I can't stop" thing.  He just doesn't give a s*** about his team or any consequences.

That might be the hard truth

12 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

As a young man, he needs help and I hope he gets back on track. As a backup QB, he cannot be counted on and it is time to start getting Malik ready to be the next man up. 

For those thinking the wheels are coming off on this team's discipline, keep in mind issues with guns and drugs are an annual rite of passage at Bama recently and they seem to hold It together. Overall, I believe this team to be made up of great young men and our team leaders will help us overcome this. 

For those who profess that all college students do this, they don't. There are plenty of students who make it through college without arrests and failed drug tests. Most people learn to party in moderation, some never do. 

I really appreciate this, Gowebb11.  Thank you!  And I guess some choose not to party at all, in addition.  I detest blanket statements some tend to throw around..."all teams ______"..."all college players ______." etc.  It's just too easy to excuse one's own poor choice/s by pretending and having the gall to state that "everyone is doing it."  Oldest trick since the beginning of time.  That said...I agree with those who say he needs help.  Never a time to judge...just to set and enforce boundaries and show that tough love that will go the extra mile to love the person while having zero tolerance for the behavior.

6 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I love players with moxie and attitude.  Jeff burger is a great example.  But that was 30 years ago when espn and 24 hour news was a new idea, nobody knew what the internet was and wtbs was dang near still the big 4th network channel.

that was dang near pushing a second generation ago and irrelevant to today's world.

you want to pick a contemporary example of attitude and moxie, go with favre and cam newton.  one had no issues (pro bowler/MVP) and the other took one issue, overcame it and became a pro bowler/MVP

Absolutely...excellent point.  I Googled more info when I first heard of Sean's incident and it pulled up countless articles...from Al.com (yuk) to Sports Illustrated. Not the kind of press Auburn needs, especially now.  Fair or unfair...with the 24/7 world we live in now, EVERY step, EVERY choice matters, especially if you have a high profile opportunity.  It is simply just that...not a right, but an opportunity that must be seized or forfeited.  Prayers for Sean...as well as for the rest of the team.  Dominos affect each other.  And Cam...amen.  The world count use a few more overcomers.

so sad. I am sure Gus will do the right thing. I think at least another 3-4 game suspension at minimum plus some serious work to get himself back in playing condition (mentally and spiritually)  I am not ready to give up on SW, but he must earn his way back. We all know he can play when his head is right. This could be many college kids in this situation. I am glad and relieved that no one was injured or worse due to his poor judgment decision.  We shall see soon what happens. If he is out for good, our walk on QB needs to get some serious reps in practice along with JS & MW.

This team is at a crossroad as well as the coaching staff.  I hope we get on a roll and start winning some key games. Looking at MSU & LSU, we have our work cut out, but those games are winnable if JS gets it together or MW steps in and we find lightning in a bottle asap.

Archived