Sean White arrested

TitanTiger

45 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

According to various posters and at least a couple of admins on the pay sites, Sean White is gone.  Expect an announcement in the next day or so.

I hate to hear this. I loved his grit and determination on the field. Coaches don't do this as a knee-jerk reaction, though. There has to have been a history and pattern of behavior and they feel it has gotten to the point that it's detrimental to the team to keep him on the team. I hope this is a wake up call for Sean and he can get whatever help/guidance he needs.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, DAG said:

Probably an accumulation of stuff and this was the final straw.

YOU NAILED IT.  

This has been an issue with SW for a long while,  CGM has been patient, tried to advise him, lead him and AU has provided every resourse available at AU to educate and counsel this guy.  After the past issues from even as far back as last season to this summer till this weekend,  SW made his own choices and had an extended opportunity to walk the straight 'n narrow.  SW knew without a doubt he was treading on thin ice with his scholarship, and his position with the coaching staff.  The s*** last night was probably the final strike on the count,  he'll probably be out.  

But this is in no way the fault of this coaching staff, the AU counselors or anyone that provides resources and support for AU students whether they are star athletes or not.

2 hours ago, CR said:

I can almost promise you he was causing some sort of trouble to be taken in on a PI on gameday weekend in Auburn. The Auburn police don't go around "looking" for people to arrest for PI when they know at least half the town is lit. 

Truth.  Growing up here, arresting an athlete is something the police likely wish they never had to do...political pressure on steroids.  No pun intended.  That said, it was always fun on Sundays at Auburn UMC when the players would visit.  Even if the previous day garnered a loss...

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

According to various posters and at least a couple of admins on the pay sites, Sean White is gone.  Expect an announcement in the next day or so.

Darn. Can't say i'm surprised but i honestly hope he's only gone from the team because he really needs some help. Removing himself from football could be a very good thing but i do hope Auburn is offering to assist him in getting the help he needs and he can earn his degree at Auburn. As others have mentioned he did lay it all out on the line when he was in the game. Have to respect that.

3 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Darn. Can't say i'm surprised but i honestly hope he's only gone from the team because he really needs some help. Removing himself from football could be a very good thing but i do hope Auburn is offering to assist him in getting the help he needs and he can earn his degree at Auburn. As others have mentioned he did lay it all out on the line when he was in the game. Have to respect that.

No one is stopping him from earning his degree at Auburn, he just may have screwed up the gravy train that provides that opportunity free of charge.:dunno:

A full ride scholarship covering room, board, books, fees, meals, medical care, luxury training facilities, top level nutritionists and wellness facilities, free tutoring, PLUS a very nice living stipend are a privilege very few people are given on a silver platter.  That opportunity should be valued and appreciated by every individual that receives it.

Not to derail the thread but since people have been referencing Sean White's past issues including his recent suspension,  can I ask what was Pettway and Kyle Davis' 1 game suspension about? 

19 minutes ago, keesler said:

No one is stopping him from earning his degree at Auburn, he just may have screwed up the gravy train that provides that opportunity free of charge.:dunno:

A full ride scholarship covering room, board, books, fees, meals, medical care, luxury training facilities, top level nutritionists and wellness facilities, free tutoring, PLUS a very nice living stipend are a privilege very few people are given on a silver platter.  That opportunity should be valued and appreciated by every individual that receives it.

Understandable as that's hard to argue against. It's been pretty known that he's had several chances so if he doesn't get those benefits any longer even though he's not with the team anymore so be it. Hopefully, some assistance will be offered for him to get help at the least. 

Sadly SW may have to really hit rock bottom to accept any help b/c even though we may not like Gus as a HC at the moment, i'm certainly will to bet he has offered help to SW b/c that's just the kind of man he is. IMO i think SW has a i don't give a F*%$ attitude with how everything has happened with football for him.

6 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

And what kind of drugs are you taking ?? No seriously.

the same one he always takes. just par for the course for him. ask @augolf1716 lol

7 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Not to derail the thread but since people have been referencing Sean White's past issues including his recent suspension,  can I ask what was Pettway and Kyle Davis' 1 game suspension about? 

KD for missing spring ball

KP for a citation he received this summer

8 hours ago, keesler said:

yeah very sad, for him if true. Sure his parents are really disappointed especially when they think back when Sean was awarded the scholarship. Hope its not true but hope he still gets his degree. To Gus's credit (and one of his good traits) he is patient and believes in second (maybe 3-4) chances. But he has burned too by his compassion, so Sean may have to go for the good of the team.

Normally, I wouldn't bat an eyelash about a 21-year-old doing 21-year-old things like getting drunk. I wouldn't bat an eyelash about a PI arrest and would pass it off as being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But knowing what I know from insiders...his public intoxication goes a little deeper than just being a drunk college student.

12 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't know, but I know he's been given a lot of chances to get this right and stay with the team rather than get kicked to the curb.  Weed isn't physically addictive like alcohol and other drugs are, so I don't think it's necessarily a "I can't stop" thing.  He just doesn't give a s*** about his team or any consequences.

Weed isn't physically addictive, but he's obviously compelled to get intoxicated one way or another. Any port in a storm for most people with substance abuse issues. 

I'm sure most here enjoy a good steak, but we're not going to turn down a burger if we're hungry. 

This is super disappointing. Sean White was an injury prone starter away from being the man again and establishing himself as a great quarterback. Now he has thrown that away. I truly hope he gets a second chance at some other school and balls out. I will be supporting him. 

13 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Official reports?  No.  But behind the scenes it's been known he has an affinity for the weed.  He's been given multiple chances on this stuff and had just come off of a suspension for the same behavior.  Sorry, but playing college football is a privilege, not a right.

More than just weed, more than just weed, more than just weed.

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

More than just weed, more than just weed, more than just weed.

I heard some rumors about it being that, but also heard those rumors shot down.  So I'm Missouri on that stuff.

22 hours ago, doverstutts said:

no  i didn't miss your point....a 40 year old can be a kid if he is addicted to drugs or alcohol.....manziel is a perfect example of what the thought process is, in that he blew a NFL paycheck just to drink,smoke dope and party....that is a sign of a problem other than immaturity.  if you don't know about addiction, up close and personal like i do, you have no idea

You are correct on the addiction issue. I don't believe SW was addicted, but he had an attitude problem and wasn't willing to give up the partying.

9 hours ago, thaitopher said:

This is super disappointing. Sean White was an injury prone starter away from being the man again and establishing himself as a great quarterback. Now he has thrown that away. I truly hope he gets a second chance at some other school and balls out. I will be supporting him. 

I'm not sure about this. I think If JS had gotten hurt they would have taken the RS off of Willis.

2 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

No and if you did, seek help! 

It was a joke. Was that or he was just out partying because the backup didn't have to run for their life behind that Oline.

Archived