Sean White arrested

TitanTiger

Has White been in other trouble besides this and his recent suspension?

I had some admiration for him before this season...

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Thank you. SW is making some poor life decisions. How can some think he can lead the team effectively when he can't even keep himself out of trouble. Leaders don't do that. Period. 

Yep. Ask Johnny football about this and he was much more established than SW.

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Thank you. SW is making some poor life decisions. How can some think he can lead the team effectively when he can't even keep himself out of trouble. Leaders don't do that. Period. 

There's been a lot of big time QB's that like to party over the years. 

IMG_2378.JPG

41 minutes ago, AU_Dungeon_Master said:

I'm getting the impression that the clean shirts on here are no fun to hang out with.  It's a public intox...big deal.  Maybe we need a rebel gunslinger at QB but I'm not sure the nancies at Auburn will like that very much.  The bottom line is that Sean White isn't a ***** and sometime people that aren't ******* like to raise a little hell, especially when they are 21.  With the attitude of the board, Jeff Burger would have never played a snap at Auburn.  And before you guys say "times were different back then...", well maybe they were better and we need to go back to acting like we got a pair.  I like SW even more now.  Hope to see him starting against Missouri. 

You like him even more now for getting arrested?

no way this guy is not a troll.

52 minutes ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

Clean yurself up. Get yur butt in Church. Look forward to your next step wherever it may be. 

Church isn't the answer for everyone and it' sad that 99.999999% of the people in this state think that it is and try forcing it on people.

44 minutes ago, AU_Dungeon_Master said:

I'm getting the impression that the clean shirts on here are no fun to hang out with.  It's a public intox...big deal.  Maybe we need a rebel gunslinger at QB but I'm not sure the nancies at Auburn will like that very much.  The bottom line is that Sean White isn't a ***** and sometime people that aren't ******* like to raise a little hell, especially when they are 21.  With the attitude of the board, Jeff Burger would have never played a snap at Auburn.  And before you guys say "times were different back then...", well maybe they were better and we need to go back to acting like we got a pair.  I like SW even more now.  Hope to see him starting against Missouri. 

I agreed with most everything you had to say up until your last sentence. There is more of a chance Stewie from Family Guy starts vs Missouri. And that was a fact before this event.

26 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

Ok, I may be missing something or my peir is just longer than some people's. He was supposed suspended for grades the first go around. He gets arrested for public intoxacation last night. Is there a connection between the two? Maybe some of the insiders can confirm more is going on. However, a kid gets caught using and illegal drug and he misses one game. This kid is drunk in public and he should be kicked of the team. I am sure he probably wanted to be drunk in a bar and the threw him in public arrest them!

He was suspended for a "non academic test" according to WDE. 

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I don't think many think he can.

26 minutes ago, AU_Dungeon_Master said:

He's probably avoiding that substance, hence he's getting drunk which is totally legal.  Some of the cops in Auburn are out of control so let's see the whole story first.  It's not like he was caught in a DUI or with a gun & drugs or robbing students like some players at another in-state school.  

Wasnt that us a few years ago?

Sad, really sad.  Yeah, I understand that he is 21 and doing things many 21 year olds do. But, in his position as a representative and leader of a major university football team, he has to watch his steps.  The kid needs help.  The university and football team needs to get behind him and support him in getting the help he needs.  Booting him is not the answer.  He needs the team.  

I'm one of those fans who reads the paper and watches the games but doesn't really keep up with the drama. So this is sad for me. Only this week did I learn he's perceived to be a problem. As a player, I really appreciated him. (I know, antecedent agreement.)

The other thing is, something seems off about this team. It doesn't really show on the defense, which seems to show a lot of solidarity. But on the other side there's a lot of inconsistency. As in, we can't knock Mercer off the line. Am I wrong to wonder?

If I was a betting man, I would bet that any chance that Sean would play at all this year just went out the window with this DUI. Why did Malzahn bench him for the first 3 games? was it due to drinking or worse?

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

You like him even more now for getting arrested?

no way this guy is not a troll.

Yes...because I feel he can use the support with all the usual suspects dumping all over him. He was out having a good time and got a little out of control or whatever...OK...it happens.  We could use a little more reckless abandon on this team, especially at QB.  He's not some CEO of a Christian Book store (not that there's anything wrong with that profession)...he's a QB on a football team of 18-23 year olds.

17 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Has White been in other trouble besides this and his recent suspension?

I had some admiration for him before this season...

AU has a policy of suspension after positive test.  I think after the 2nd they get a 2 game suspension.   While AU never said why, we can safely surmise the reason for the suspension

As a young man, he needs help and I hope he gets back on track. As a backup QB, he cannot be counted on and it is time to start getting Malik ready to be the next man up. 

For those thinking the wheels are coming off on this team's discipline, keep in mind issues with guns and drugs are an annual rite of passage at Bama recently and they seem to hold It together. Overall, I believe this team to be made up of great young men and our team leaders will help us overcome this. 

For those who profess that all college students do this, they don't. There are plenty of students who make it through college without arrests and failed drug tests. Most people learn to party in moderation, some never do. 

1 minute ago, AU_Dungeon_Master said:

Yes...because I feel he can use the support with all the usual suspects dumping all over him. He was out having a good time and got a little out of control or whatever...OK...it happens.  We could use a little more reckless abandon on this team, especially at QB.  He's not some CEO of a Christian Book store (not that there's anything wrong with that profession)...he's a QB on a football team of 18-23 year olds.

Exactly ! So he should know he represents something more than himself including being an upperclassman.

I am not foolish enough or hypocritical to say not to party . Whatever, do you , but you need to be responsible and smart about it . Guess what ? If you can't , surround yourself with people who have your best interest to keep you from losing control. 

You are speaking in extremes. The people who agree with you are also extremist . You don't have to be a saint or a wild boy, just be freaking smart.

So sad. Auburn football will be fine. Hope the same can be said for SW. Doesn't appear that way right now. 

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

As a young man, he needs help and I hope he gets back on track. As a backup QB, he cannot be counted on and it is time to start getting Malik ready to be the next man up. 

For those thinking the wheels are coming off on this team's discipline, keep in mind issues with guns and drugs are an annual rite of passage at Bama recently and they seem to hold I together. Overall, I believe this team to be made up,of great young men and our team leaders will help is overcome this. 

For those who profess that all college students do this, they don't. There are plenty of students who make it through college without arrests and failed drug tests. Most people learn to party in moderation, some never do. 

Keep Bama out of this . Has nothing to do with Bama. 

3 minutes ago, lala said:

AU has a policy of suspension after positive test.  I think after the 2nd they get a 2 game suspension.   While AU never said why, we can safely surmise the reason for the suspension

Marijuana is legal in several states with 10's of millions of Americans living with that basic freedom that is denied people in states like Alabama.  I don't even know why they would drug test for something like that in the first place.  It's a total violation of someone's privacy whether they play football on scholarship or not.  

4 minutes ago, AU_Dungeon_Master said:

Marijuana is legal in several states with 10's of millions of Americans living with that basic freedom that is denied people in states like Alabama.  I don't even know why they would drug test for something like that in the first place.  It's a total violation of someone's privacy whether they play football on scholarship or not.  

That is not the point and fact remains.   I work n a business that does requires test and I understand the rules and abide by them.  He should too!

Archived