AU 10 pt favorite vs Miss St

CR

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is our toughest game until Georgia. If we can come out on top it'll be huge going forward. I'm really nervous though. Had the choice of going to this game or next week's and I chose next week because of how nervous this one makes me. Fitzgerald is probably the best QB we will play until Eason.

Their defense shutdown LSU but then looked hapless against a bland and similar power running approach by Georgia. Gus needs this one.

7 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

So true. I have been trying to convince my GA friends here that their schedule is very easy. They are beginning to come around, as everything I told them 4 weeks ago is coming true. They will probably drop one they shouldn't though. They will probably lose to one of Tennessee, Florida, or Kentucky, and look bad doing it. Then, look like the 72 Miami Dolphins against us. It's just what they do.

Richt woukd for sure.  Don't know about Kirby.  That book is still open.  

If he does drop a thrice (my 9 year old son coined that yesterday with my help), it won't be to Florida.  That dumpster fire is just getting started. 

20 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

7.5 still seems high for a road game in the SEC against top 25 teams.

MSU is a home game for us. I think 10 is a good number myself. I hope this will give out guys a bit more confidence.

20 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

7.5 still seems high for a road game in the SEC against top 25 teams.

Its not a road game. The game is at Jordan Hare.

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

We are covering this easily.

wde

Not buying it just yet. Seen too many teams appear down for the count, only to play their best game at Jordan Hare.

14 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Not buying it just yet. Seen too many teams appear down for the count, only to play their best game at Jordan Hare.

Which teams and when other than UGA?

wde

Congratulations to all of the members of this forum (and Pat Dye) who thinks that MSU is better than Auburn. Undoubtedly, all of you will borrow as much money as possible and bet it on MSU to cover the spread ( A sure thing since you think they are straight up better, right?) MANY, MANY on this forum should be able to retire REALLY soon, based on what I have been reading! Spend it wisely!

36 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Grantham is the equalizer in this game. Hasn't he pretty much locked GM's offense up the last several times he played him?

But this is CCL's offense not CGM.

hehehehehe

47 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Grantham is the equalizer in this game. Hasn't he pretty much locked GM's offense up the last several times he played him?

At Georgia in 2011 and 2012 he shut us down.  We put some points on them in 2010 and 2013 (duh).  Put some points on his Louisville defense too in 2015.

I think the 10 is about right.  Their performance against LSU probably skewed everyone's perception of MSU but they got exposed against UGA.  As down on Gus as I am I still think we are about to go on a run here in the middle of the schedule and I can see us covering 10 with another great defensive performance and just enough O with hopefully a healthy KP and KJ in the backfield for the firs time this year. 

18 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I think the 10 is about right.  Their performance against LSU probably skewed everyone's perception of MSU but they got exposed against UGA.  As down on Gus as I am I still think we are about to go on a run here in the middle of the schedule and I can see us covering 10 with another great defensive performance and just enough O with hopefully a healthy KP and KJ in the backfield for the firs time this year. 

spread is still 10 right now...a surprise....over and under is 49.5......

Looks like folks with the money see it your way.....:)

Just now, AU64 said:

spread is still 10 right now...a surprise....over and under is 49.5......

Looks like folks with the money see it your way.....:)

Hope I'm right on this but I don't think we play another really close game until LSU.  

37 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I agree and if we win every game from here on out (even with a loss to Alabama), I'd consider it a pretty solid year.

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Off the top of my head, a team that lost 59-0 to a team that was only ranked 2 spots above us won with a true freshman QB 3 years ago...

Way to peel that band-aid off. The thought of that game still hurts. Probably one of the most disheartening losses since the BCSNCG.

I can see us dominating Miss. State, and I can see us having a close game. The only thing I'm nervous is that Miss. State will be playing with a chip on their shoulder after getting roundhoused by UGA last week.

As for UGA: I think they have a rather complete team. Their defense looks great, and their offense is starting to gel, and they have a fun offense too. They've been running trick plays and just fun to watch play calls. THOUGH I think they make some really dumb and questionable play calls sometimes (after all it IS Georgia)...like giving the ball to their fullback on 3rd & 2 when they have Nick Chubb on their team, but I digress.

On 9/25/2017 at 2:32 PM, War Knight said:

I think this is our toughest game until Georgia. If we can come out on top it'll be huge going forward.

Yep I think this is our litmus test week. I am VERY interested to see our offense this week against a decent, albeit not great, defense. IMO the offense we showed last week will probably not work against a team like MSU. I would think it would be a "toss up" game if not for our defense... but man our defense is sooooo good. They are the difference and the reason I think we win by 7-9 points in a low scoring game. Only 2 things would shock me: 1) if we give up more than 20 points or 2) if we blow them out. 

Maybe the OL is starting to get, JS will get rid of the ball quicker, and the WRs have a coming out party. That is my hope. 

Archived