24 members have voted

1. 1. Moore-Strange?

• Moore
    • Strange
    • Aubie the Tiger

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I don't like voting in local(state) elections. Because there's very few decent candidates to actually vote for. 

I voted in the 2014 state elections but didn't fill in the space for the governor's race. I had already had enough of Bentley by 2014. I believe I voted for Bentley in 2010 but made sure I didn't make the same mistake in 2014.

I wish Bradley Byrne would run for governor again, he got screwed in 2010 . Unfortunately he seems comfortable just being a member of the House in D.C.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Weak when you're talking about four different accusers who don't know each other and 30 corroborating witnesses who back up aspects of their stories and can verify they told them about some of these actions back then.

Just now, Auburnfan91 said:

I wish Bradley Byrne would run for governor again, he got screwed in 2010 . Unfortunately he seems comfortable just being a member of the House in D.C.

He did.  He was a good candidate.  Voted for him in the primaries that year.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Weak when you're talking about four different accusers who don't know each other and 30 corroborating witnesses who back up aspects of their stories and can verify they told them about some of these actions back then.

Roy is revealing himself to be the best witness.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I’m not getting deep into the case anymore but what exactly do you know about these 30 sources or 4 accusers? What were the accusers accusing him of? Did an 18 year old accuse him of doing something illegal? Were you told there were  30 witnesses or do you know there were 30 witnesses? 

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m not getting deep into the case anymore but what exactly do you know about these 30 sources or 4 accusers? What were the accusers accusing him of? Did an 18 year old accuse him of doing something illegal? Were you told there were  30 witnesses or do you know there were 30 witnesses? 

Please read the article. 

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Proud, this isnt CNN, or NYT. This is TNR.

French and Goldberg have nailed it these last few days. 

On 11/9/2017 at 2:02 PM, Bigbens42 said:

True. I do think the strength in numbers aspect has helped though. 

To dredge this back up, I really do believe that the recent outing of Weinstein and those like him has emboldened and empowered women to share their stories. That there are so many shocks me not at all. 

Some people may have an odd feeling about the notion that it seems like just about every woman seems to have been harassed or assaulted at some point in their lives, but that's actually not far from the truth.

8 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

lol, the Jeff Sessions card of forgetting things, bama crap

Note that there's very little  in the way of an unequivocal denial in his interview  with Hannity. He's trying to hem and haw. He might as well have confessed. 

Any attorney worth his salt would have told him to shut the **** up by now.

2 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

I'm glad it came out. It doesn't matter though, all of these southern Bible thumpers, family included and I've let them know it , got exposed when they voted for Donald Drumpf.

These pastors going to bed every Sunday night should be ashamed when Roy Moore wins.

Count me in. Grown, mature, educated successful men and women should all be disgusted when our peers profess support for ICE (Integrity, Character, Ethics) and then vote for people that are the living embodiment of the OPPOSITE of those exact principles. Trump & Moore define the opposite of those ICE qualities.

7 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Please read the article. 

I did read the article that you refused to copy and paste. The article doesn’t deliver the evidence that you think it does. So stop with that nonsense.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I did read the article that you refused to copy and paste. The article doesn’t deliver the evidence that you think it does. So stop with that nonsense.

Copy pasting entire articles violates copyright unless the author explicitly waives that right, that's why I avoid doing it in principle. 

Percipient witnesses are evidence, you nincompoop. 

The article is extremely well researched and reported, and you're still not reading closely enough. The allegations:

She says that Moore drove her back to the same house after dark, and that before long she was lying on a blanket on the floor. She remembers Moore disappearing into another room and coming out with nothing on but “tight white” underwear.

She remembers that Moore kissed her, that he took off her pants and shirt, and that he touched her through her bra and underpants. She says that he guided her hand to his underwear and that she yanked her hand back.

“I wasn’t ready for that — I had never put my hand on a man’s penis, much less an erect one,” Corfman says.

She remembers thinking, “I don’t want to do this” and “I need to get out of here.” She says that she got dressed and asked Moore to take her home, and that he did.

Wendy Miller says she was 14 and working as a Santa’s helper at the Gadsden Mall when Moore first approached her, and 16 when he asked her on dates, which her mother forbade. Debbie Wesson Gibson says she was 17 when Moore spoke to her high school civics class and asked her out on the first of several dates that did not progress beyond kissing. Gloria Thacker Deason says she was an 18-year-old cheerleader when Moore began taking her on dates that included bottles of Mateus Rosé wine. The legal drinking age in Alabama was 19.

This account is based on interviews with more than 30 people who said they knew Moore between 1977 and 1982, when he served as an assistant district attorney for Etowah County in northern Alabama, where he grew up

And with that, go away, Jeff. I have better things to do than get sucked into one of your nitpicky vortexes today. 

21 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Copy pasting entire articles violates copyright unless the author explicitly waives that right, that's why I avoid doing it in principle.

This site has operated on copy and paste for as long as I’ve been here. You seem to have the same false air or self-righteousness as Titan.

Percipient witnesses are evidence, you nincompoop. 

You seem to confuse accusations for evidence. Educate yourself on the difference.

This account is based on interviews with more than 30 people who said they knew Moore between 1977 and 1982, when he served as an assistant district attorney for Etowah County in northern Alabama, where he grew up

So because the article says this, that means you’re supposed to believe if? Are you ready to go surfing in Nebraska? I’ve seen it! 

And with that, go away, Jeff.

You literally quoted every one of my posts yesterday. I didn’t have to help you get caught up in any vortexes of any matter. You were on this thread, literally all day, giddy, and ready to post the irrelevant, incoming tweets while #roymoorechildmolester was popular. 

No heroes, ever. Damn George. 

Being a great actor or comedian does not make you a great human being, worthy of admiration. Everyone is a mosaic of different properties, and there is no automatic correlation of saintliness in all dimensions. And most importantly, being really good at acting or comedy or any other artistic endeavor is not an excuse for being a reprehensible a**hole.

I just hope George is indeed guilty. Getting smeared by accusations like that can undo a lifetime of accomplishments and longstanding honorable reputations. If he’s innocent, no words could express the sympathy I’d feel for him.

44 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

This site has operated on copy and paste for as long as I’ve been here. You seem to have the same false air or self-righteousness as Titan.

I've brought it up in the past. It's probably something we need to address. Copying excerpts and linking is fine. The entire article violates Fair Use doctrine. 

You seem to confuse accusations for evidence. Educate yourself on the difference.

Eyewitness accounts are evidence.

I didn't say how strong the evidence was. I said it was evidence because gravel knuckled morons keep saying "there's no evidence hurr hurrr." Learn to read.

So because the article says this, that means you’re supposed to believe if? Are you ready to go surfing in Nebraska? I’ve seen it! 

WaPo is pretty well known for both lying their asses off. /s

It's pretty easily verified, and like I said yesterday, that this is an open secret in that area of the state seems to be a common sentiment in my exchanges with people from the area, including my boss and an attorney friend that practiced in the area. 

You literally quoted every one of my posts yesterday. I didn’t have to help you get caught up in any vortexes of any matter. You were on this thread, literally all day, giddy, and ready to post the irrelevant, incoming tweets while #roymoorechildmolester was popular. 

Hits close to home. We've had an exchange about JW patriarchy and the results in PMs before, remember? Do you think beatings and being held at gunpoint were the only abuse she faced? 

Have daughter's, Jeff? Your wife ever regaled you with tales of her own encounters with harrassment or assault?

On 11/9/2017 at 4:17 PM, Proud Tiger said:

To  each his own own opinion but right now because of the circumstances and timing of all this. it smells like a big turd. it seems to me that the Dems are desperate and reaching to the bottom of the dirty tricks bad. it worked in Virginia so why not try ii in Alabama. And Wapo isn't the most credible unbiased paper right now.  Seems like a lot of women willing to take some cheap shots for a little money. I probably wasn't even going to vote but unless something is proven before election I may just tell all the detractors to go to hell and vote for Moore.

this fourteen year old girl came out when it happened and received so many threats it was dropped by parents. and roy was running for da or assistant da. this did not just pop up forty years later and i am not saying roy did the threats because i am not sure it was ever proved who did. if roy moore gets elected i am not sure i will ever look at the state i love the same any more.

Archived