DKW 86

Moore-Strange?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Moore-Strange?

• Moore
    • Strange
    • Aubie the Tiger

11 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

deflection. one of the girls in the article voted for trump. even repubs who have studied all the facts out there believe it is true. as an aside he said when he was in nam he slept on sandbags because he was afraid his soldiers would frag him.yesp he was a complete jerk but from what i have read over the years any commanders of men in the field that got fragged were those stupid and endangering their troops with that same stupidity.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m not getting deep into the case anymore but what exactly do you know about these 30 sources or 4 accusers? What were the accusers accusing him of? Did an 18 year old accuse him of doing something illegal? Were you told there were  30 witnesses or do you know there were 30 witnesses? 

i believe when her parents found out they stood up. a grown azz man taking the pants off a fourten year old girl would have ANY decent parent would stand up. i bet you would as well......if you did not go after him yourself first. am i right?

17 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Uh...

...huh.

good grief.pretty sure i partied at the back alley and other places in 78 in downtown gadsden and beyond.hell they had tequila night on tuesdays. and when it was a dry county we had dozens of bootleggers. my favorite was mrs shaneyfelts.

With all the adversaries he’s had for years, the “common knowledge” that he chases minors is just now conveniently being brought up. ?

23 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

I really would prefer Jones to stay out of it.  The more people touched by this the dirtier it has the potential to get.

20 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Y'all, I love talking politics with you.  But for tonight, save it and enjoy the hell out of this win!!!!!!!!!!!!   WDE!!!!!!!!!

I am simultaneously here, puffed up like a peacock on the tRant and a Bama forum on which I happen to be a member, and deeply, deeply blitzed out of my mind.

Multitasking! WDE!

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Y'all, I love talking politics with you.  But for tonight, save it and enjoy the hell out of this win!!!!!!!!!!!!   WDE!!!!!!!!!

You're right...

War Damn Eagle

14 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

With all the adversaries he’s had for years, the “common knowledge” that he chases minors is just now conveniently being brought up. ?

Well, they didn't know he was necessarily chasing 14 year olds, or that he was possibly going much further than just flirting/dating/kissing.  And being that the age of consent in Alabama was 16 at the time (and still is), he wasn't doing anything illegal to their knowledge.  Just creepy.

If they thought it was creepy, the info would’ve been out with the rest of the mudslinging during the prior campaigns. 

And then facts such as touching 14 year olds would’ve come to light. Makes more sense than the info just appearing 40 years down the road. 

7 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

If they thought it was creepy, the info would’ve been out with the rest of the mudslinging during the prior campaigns. 

And then facts such as touching 14 year olds would’ve come to light. Makes more sense than the info just appearing 40 years down the road. 

If all there was to it was that he dated teenage girls of legal age 40 years ago when he was in his early 30s, I don't think anyone would have thought it was enough to make any difference.  That's all most people knew.  And your second contention is predicated on the first.

Hell, we know now that being accused of groping a 14 year old girl in a state of undress people are saying that even if it's true they'd still vote for him.  Why would anyone think that merely dating a 17 year old and kissing her 40 years ago would make any difference?

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

If all there was to it was that he dated teenage girls of legal age 40 years ago when he was in his early 30s, I don't think anyone would have thought it was enough to make any difference.

I don’t think so. If Moore was known to hang around high schools and prey on minors as the tweets and articles are suggesting, that stuff would’ve come out at some point. If not as mud-slinging, it would be spread in the form of locker-room chatter.  Plus my wife’s family has lived in Gadsden their whole life, including a grandfather that served on the council and worked at Goodyear for over 30 years. Information like this would have surely spread to him but he never heard it. Whatever it was, it wasn’t common knowledge. I’m seeing random conversations on Twitter (from Gadsden area citizens I’m assuming) and some are saying he was definitely the cradle rocker type and others are just saying  he was just eccentric.

It is scary when people i know and love wont even consider a vote for Jones simply because he is a Democrat. Not because he is a bad man. Not because he is worse than Moore, he isnt. Not because of a litmus test policy, etc. ONLY because he is a Democrat.

I hope when Christ comes back he doesnt hang around any Democrats. All the 21st Century Pharisees will never see him.

38 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

It is scary when people i know and love wont even consider a vote for Jones simply because he is a Democrat. Not because he is a bad man. Not because he is worse than Moore, he isnt. Not because of a litmus test policy, etc. ONLY because he is a Democrat.

I hope when Christ comes back he doent hang around any Democrats. All the 21st Century Pharisees will never see him.

I know for a fact that many Alabamians would think his policies failed the litmus test and wouldnt vote for him. He is rather moderate for a Dem...but would need to go even farther right to make some noise if he didn’t have a habitual screwup as an opponent. His campaign is perfect for social media though. White nationalists and nazis have become the catch all groups for everything that is wrong with the whole wide world today and the Doug Jones campaign can brag about going after KKK members. Not only that, he benefits from Roy Moore’s screwups and from overall Alabama party embarrassment. I’m bout ready to call the upset.

All the footage/audio I've seen/heard of Jones has been geared against Trumpism, i.e. Jones is making overtures of civility, respect for government as an institution and bipartisanship.  The policies he advocates are definitely aligned with national Democrats, but he's been willing to give a rationale for his support of the policies.  He's also offered to debate the policies in public.  

Whatever comes of Moore's scandal and Senate bid, I will still consider Jones the more qualified choice.

Yeah...I can't imagine why these women would be so reluctant to come forward. <_<

6 hours ago, HVAU said:

Whatever comes of Moore's scandal and Senate bid, I will still consider Jones the more qualified choice.

You’re a smart one but you’re also a Democrat and I’d expect you to believe this. The typical Alabama voter isn’t going to think like you in regards to his policies. The only way that Jones wins is if social media completely destroys his campaign and if the GOP pressures Moore to step aside. 

55 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The only way that Jones wins is if social media completely destroys his campaign and if the GOP pressures Moore to step aside. 

I think you're right about this particular race, but the constant needling by Dems via social media during the 2016 race contributed to a turned off electorate.  To many the constant bickering most likely gave people the feeling that one party was no better than the other.  That may in fact be the case, but it's easier to win when a party can convincingly take the high road.

That Moore is even in the general, even without the recent allegations, is a black eye on the state, and illustrates, in an extreme manner, why so many view Christians as hypocrites.  

4 minutes ago, HVAU said:

That Moore is even in the general, even without the recent allegations, is a black eye on the state, and illustrates, in an extreme manner, why so many view Christians as hypocrites.  

Moore is a looney tune. Most Alabamians only know of him as the Ten Commandments Christian and that’s where their political knowledge ends thus Roy’s political fitness and acumen was never questioned.

Eschew the recent developments, can you offer the reason why so many people view Moore supporting Christians as hypocrites ?

9 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I know for a fact that many Alabamians would think his policies failed the litmus test and wouldnt vote for him. He is rather moderate for a Dem...but would need to go even farther right to make some noise if he didn’t have a habitual screwup as an opponent. His campaign is perfect for social media though. White nationalists and nazis have become the catch all groups for everything that is wrong with the whole wide world today and the Doug Jones campaign can brag about going after KKK members. Not only that, he benefits from Roy Moore’s screwups and from overall Alabama party embarrassment. I’m bout ready to call the upset.

In what ways is he moderate for a Dem?

Archived