NBA Thread

aujeff11

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is going to be very interesting to see how aggressive the mavs are in moving Barnes. I get the sense they want to move him but they are a very good and smart organization. They are just not going to give him away and get pennies on the dollar for him.  If they can get a good young piece for him Mavs will be such a fun team to keep our eye on going forward. A donic and smith jr back court at the least is going to be electrifying and good exciting t.v.!

Yes, they will be playoff bound in a few years — hope Dirk can at least ride the bench on a playoff run. Soooo fun to watch especially if they can acquire a lob threat center!! I’ve never really cared for Dallas sports because of my hatred of the Cowboys (sorry to any fans out there) but I may have to start pulling for the Mavs ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

I hope he makes a lifestyle decision. I think all players should. But Houston’s biggest hurdle was signing LBJ and resigning Capela at the same time, so with Capela gone and moving Anderson, LBJ could sign and keep Eric Gordon + add another small contract role player. But that’s only if Lebron wants to title chase

I want Bron to go to LA. because it is the ONE city I feel is big enough for his star power. It is a perfect match. HIM AND HOLLLLLLLLLLLLYWOOD!!! WOOO!!! LA LA LAND BABY!!!! I want the next phase of his life to be really successful and I think him being LeBron would help make the connections him and his production company spring hill entertainment needs to get their stuff in production greenlit by the big wig studios. YES THAT IS RIGHT!!!! I am on team LeBron not just for his basketball career but his AFTER basketball career! CHOO CHOO!!!! this train is not pulling in to the station anytime soon! haha. I am on it for the long haul.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I just associate you with DOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLA DAME!!!!!!!!

Whoa whoa whoa home-slice. I told you when I was jumping on the Mavs bandwagon that I was off the Lillard bandwagon until he leaves Portland. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

A.W.D.I.A! ALL WE DO IS ARGUE!!!!!!!!!! 

Read the OP. After the playoffs, we are supposed to hug it out. :hearts:

• Haha 1

Yes, they will be playoff bound in a few years — hope Dirk can at least ride the bench on a playoff run. Soooo fun to watch especially if they can acquire a lob threat center!! I’ve never really cared for Dallas sports because of my hatred of the Cowboys (sorry to any fans out there) but I may have to start pulling for the Mavs ?

hahahaha does dirk have a few years left?! He is barely holding on as it is! In a few years he may not even be worth 15 minutes a night on a playoff team as a bench player! I hope that timeline speeds up but it is just soooooooooo hard in the west. I LOVED watching the mavs when marquis daniels was there. MAN Those teams were fun to watch. If you hate the cowboys does that mean you are a fan of some other team in the NFC EAST?!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Whoa whoa whoa home-slice. I told you when I was jumping on the Mavs bandwagon that I was off the Lillard bandwagon until he leaves Portland. 

Read the OP. After the playoffs, we are supposed to hug it out. :hearts:

BUT I DO NOT WANT YOU to get off the dollllllllllllllllla dame bandwagon! It is the 1 basketball take you have that does not repulse me! lol. Well I guess there is 2 now with the mavs. JUST PLEASE GIVE DAME ANOTHER CHANCE! HE IS SORRY for the playoff meltdown! He says remember the good times y'all had during the regular season getting that third seed! haha. WELLLLLLLLLLL your posts since then has made it seem you want ANYTHING BUT that! hahahaa.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If you hate the cowboys does that mean you are a fan of some other team in the NFC EAST?!

Nope, Saints all day!

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HIM AND HOLLLLLLLLLLLLYWOOD!!!

Loved him in Trainwreck tbh, solid potential. Dude is just a genius all over

• Love 1

BUT I DO NOT WANT YOU to get off the dollllllllllllllllla dame bandwagon! It is the 1 basketball take you have that does not repulse me! lol

He is on the west coast, he keeps getting schooled by CP3( and I cannot just simply wait til CP3 is retired because even then CP3 is still the alpha and I’m still the beta for having to wait,) and I cannot expect Lillard to be clutch in the playoffs. 

• Sad 1

Nope, Saints all day!

Loved him in Trainwreck tbh, solid potential. Dude is just a genius all over

lol MUHHHHHHHHHH bad!!! Totally somehow missed it in big letters under your interests! KAMARA!!!!!!! I want him in my ppr leagues! BTW when do you think the saints try to find the replacement for brees? Getting close I would imagine. Is this the part where I say HE IS GOING TO BE A GREAT actor for a athlete! I mean come on all that flopping through the years is basically acting!!! He has been training for a career in movies and t.v. for years! haha

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaha does dirk have a few years left?! He is barely holding on as it is! 

He just finished the 20th season. One more and he ties Garnett for most all time I believe. He can ride the bench for a couple seasons probably. 

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LOVED watching the mavs when marquis daniels was there. MAN Those teams were fun to watch.

Same. Even though I thought Harris sucked even then. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He is on the west coast, he keeps getting schooled by CP3( and I cannot just simply wait til CP3 is retired because even then CP3 is still the alpha and I’m still the beta for having to wait,) and I cannot expect Lillard to be clutch in the playoffs. 

HEY HEY that was ONLY this years playoffs! for his career in 5 post seasons he has playoff averages of 24,5 and 4!!! That is really dang good. Give him another chance. He deserves it.

Edited by GwillMac6

22 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

I hope he makes a lifestyle decision. I think all players should. But Houston’s biggest hurdle was signing LBJ and resigning Capela at the same time, so with Capela gone and moving Anderson, LBJ could sign and keep Eric Gordon + add another small contract role player. But that’s only if Lebron wants to title chase

That makes sense. Houston would be GAMEOVER stout with the two MVP finalists, CP3, and Gordon on the same team . Not sure how they all would coexist though. I have to think dumping Anderson’s contract will be a problem though. 

HEY HEY that was ONLY this years playoffs! for his career in 5 post seasons he has playoff averages of 24,5 and 4!!! That is really dang good. Give him another chance. He deserves it.

Again, the CP3 schooling him on offense and defense thing is something I can’t let go of or ride out. It would make me a beta.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Again, the CP3 schooling him on offense and defense thing is something I can’t let go of or ride out. It would make me a beta.

WELP I tried............

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

WELP I tried............

I know. I hung on as long as I could. Dame is a good player but he’s got to win me back. 

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

BTW when do you think the saints try to find the replacement for brees? Getting close I would imagine.

Mehhhhh, I’ve been hoping they would at least draft someone to groom these last few years. But I’m really hoping they get my dude Stidham ?? Match made in heaven if you ask me!!! Unfortunately I don’t think he’ll be available though so 2020 draft I’m hoping

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That makes sense. Houston would be GAMEOVER stout with the two MVP finalists, CP3, and Gordon on the same team . Not sure how they all would coexist though. I have to think dumping Anderson’s contract will be a problem though. 

Yep, and they would have almost no bigs whatsoever. Of course they could always play ultra small and hope for the best. And yeah that Anderson contract is baaaaad, only hope is to try and send a first rounder to a struggling team

• Like 2

GAME CHANGER!!!!!!! lol the cavs got their third star!!!!!!! LeBron is staying!!!!! hahahahah

He's leaving about 3 mil a year on the table by not extending with OKC but the move has been expected.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

GAME CHANGER!!!!!!! lol the cavs got their third star!!!!!!! LeBron is staying!!!!! hahahahah

He looks weird in a Cavs uniform. Thought his jersey was a suit?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

T I G E R!!!!! MUHHHHHHHH DUDE!!!! missed you man!!!!! Where ya been?! Great talking to you and conversing with you again. This place is a lot more fun when you are around! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! LETS GO!!!!

Miss you too, bro! I've been lurking, I haven't seen you on the bball or football forums lately- the gifs have been sorely missed! I thought you were taking a sabbatical or having an extended snow bender ;D, but I see you and @aujeff11 have been sparring on this side of the board. I loooove NBA off-season so you guys will be seeing more of me over here especially as things start to heat up in the next 48 hours.

• Love 1

20 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

If I was Cuban, I’d stay away from DeAndre after the stunt he pulled the last time. Lot of Mavs haters feasted then. 

I would too. But as mentioned before having both those guards and DJ on the pick and roll could be something scary. I'm realllly intrigued about the idea of Boogie going there but his personality is so volatile IDK if he's the best option with such a young core. I've always been a big Dirk and Cuban fan so I generally always hope they do well.