Georgia Week!

tbone1430

This is always one of my favorites, because we stuck it to UGA a year after they pulled the same play on us despite blowing us out at the time.  So, so sweet.

I tried finding a clip, any clip, from the 1971 game in Athens. That was my first year as an Auburn fan. Sullivan sealed the Heisman that day and it was a great game. Radio only on those days. Anyway, no clips to be found apparently since no TV. On another note I just read something that I didn't know about Coach Dye. Everyone knows he played at UGA so the series is special to him but I just saw where he played in the last  game that was played in Columbus GA, the first game played in Auburn and the first game played in Athens.  

18 hours ago, WDG said:

Thanks for the video. I still remember that play like it happened 5 minutes ago. Thanks for reminding me of the year. I thought it was 1988 but I wasn't sure, and also a big thank you for the video. Here is hoping we get to let out a big WAR EAGLE this Saturday.

Not to hijack but this game is just another in a long list suggesting we would still sell out all but a couple home games with a 100k+ stadium virtually every season. Sold out Georgia Southern this year right after our 8-5 season. Half the schools with that capacity don't need it but we do IMHO. Anyway, I digress...

Archived