How bad do you hate UGA

NorthGATiger

20 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

That's the wrong way to do it man, gotta convert them.

I have successfully converted two, in which one actually attended Auburn.  Some are just too far gone though.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UGa fans are really chugging the kool-aid right now and a solid win by us right now would be up there with my all time favorites. A heartbreaking loss & another "Sprinkler Game" rush of our field by their fans would be up there with the epically worst.    

17 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I have lived in Georgia my whole life.  Grew up 30 minutes from the stinch in the air coming from Athens.  Don't get me wrong, I hate Bama but there is no team, no fan base, nothing connected to sports in my life that I absolutely loathe and hate more than UGA.  I hate them so badly I would trade going 6-6 next year under Gus to ruin their season Saturday.  I know thats bad right.  I despise that fan base that badly.  I hate hearing everyday that we are like 2-9 against them in the last 11 years and that one of those wins was a fluke pass into double coverage.  There is not another fan base on earth that has such a high opinion of themselves with nothing to back it up.  

I can't agree more. I really hate them more than Alabama. Their fans are almost identical but their success is tremendously different. Every year has been "their year" since I've been old enough to discuss football.

Panama City Beach is the home to Spring Break for a long time and we always dreaded the week that Georgia came down. Loud, disrespectful, destructive, and just plain annoying.

I lived in Georgia 2 different times for 6-8 yrs each stint. I can't stand 'em. Arrogant and obnoxious. I love it when Ga Tech rolls them occasionally. 

I'd pull for any team that plays either Bama or UGA, any time, any place, no matter what consequences it has for Auburn.  Neither fan base can keep their ignorant traps shut, nor has an ounce of humility.  Perhaps that sounds a bit harsh, but it is what it is.

Born and raised in Georgia just an hour from Athens, but never encountered obnoxious annoying fans. But I’ve had the unfortunate pleasure of encountering UGA players themselves. And they are the most stuck up, arrogant, “think their ? don’t stink” SOBs in the world. For a bunch of players who have yet to prove something to the rest of college football and will inevitably screw it all up when it matters most (because they’re a Georgia sports team, and any sports team from the state of Georgia ALWAYS loses when it counts most), they were so full of themselves. My hatred for them stems from their rude players.

Growing up(too young to know better) THUGA was my second favorite team. My first THUGA game as a student was the water hose game. After that, I have hated them. I moved to Atlanta after graduation and my disdain grew and is almost on par with the turds. I have taken customers to lunch and it has almost turned into fights on a couple of occasions when they learned that I’m an Auburn grad. I hate to admit it, but I usually prefer that bammer beats them when they play. As others have said, they are turd fans without titles! 

"I Stab at them from hell's heart"....?

50 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Growing up(too young to know better) THUGA was my second favorite team. My first THUGA game as a student was the water hose game. After that, I have hated them. I moved to Atlanta after graduation and my disdain grew and is almost on par with the turds. I have taken customers to lunch and it has almost turned into fights on a couple of occasions when they learned that I’m an Auburn grad. I hate to admit it, but I usually prefer that bammer beats them when they play. As others have said, they are turd fans without titles! 

I drove from NC to see that game. We were robbed. 

18 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Well, I mind. some dude Barks in my face he's going to have to whip my a**

That's how it started.  Also, why I decided not to go back with just me and a female.  

13 minutes ago, AuGrad2004 said:

That's how it started.  Also, why I decided not to go back with just me and a female.  

yeah, the fight I had some 20 years ago, had my wife my father and my mother who was in her seventies by that time with me. UGA security wanted to take me to jail, but when the local Athens police showed up I happen to have known one of them. Actually did some work at his house, and I explained to him that my wife had been assaulted, so he took the Georgia fan to jail that I had just beat the hell out of. Pretty funny stuff. I was actually living in Athens at that time!

I will just add, Bama fans I can normally put up with. They are usually good for a laugh. A lot of them are such typical rasslin fan rednecks you just have to laugh at them.

20 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

The fan base did not bother me until about the 2005 season. That year the fan base was fairly violent after the game and it just has not been the same there since.

This. So much this. I didn't have any real negative feelings toward Georgia until around that time as well. It has gotten worse with their fans every year since it seems.

On a side note, I have even had Georgia fans tell me they don't consider Auburn a rival anymore. Like, are you freaking serious?! They just want Bama. Well, you're about to get Auburn and a big ol' LOSS.

This is a fantastic thread. I, like many of you, live in GA (Atlanta) and have developed quite a disdain for the fan base here. Over the years, I've had several girlfriends who were uga fans that only served to further tarnish my view of their school. (Not to worry - I've married a football-neutral New Yorker and I'm in the process of bringing her into the AU fold.)

I wanted to share this, though. 

At least one person in the Georgia DMV has decided to troll some bama fans. This truck was in my office parking lot today and I can't stop laughing. They assigned "WFE" as the letters to certain bama-themed license plates. So... that's got to count for something, right?

:jump:

2017-11-09_11-52-59.jpg

Mutual loathing of Georgia is one of the few things that brings Auburn and Alabama fans together in this state.  Anything that brings Auburn and Alabama fans together is pure evil and should be treated accordingly.

Story published in dawgnation today that when Auburn is successful at football it's because Auburn is cheating and the only reason Auburn is not punished is because the ncaa does a "song & dance." That's the entire story. No attempt at "evidence", argument or anecdotes. I knew an Ohio State fan like that once and about a million Bamzos...

I'll add my $.02...like another poster said, the Dogs never really bothered me until about 2002. I actually thought we had a pretty good, civil rivalry with them until then. Ever since then, for whatever reason, they seem to think they are better than everyone else, with a strange sort of superiority, both football and academically. Academically, they think UGA is on par with UVA/UNC and just barely below Vanderbilt, and as a result, they think they are better than you because they went to UGA. Very strange. I received full Hope scholarship but had no interest in attending school there. Impossible for them to fathom.

Football-wise, as the old saying goes, UGA football can be described as Alabama arrogance, LSU talent, and Ole Miss results. Yet, for whatever reason, they think they are better than your team despite years of mediocrity. Oh, and of course, they are  morally superior to every other team in the country despite the numerous times they have lead the SEC in player arrests.

Finally, I will share this story...when we lost the 1996 game in 4-OTs, me and some buddies were sitting in the end zone student section lamenting the loss. After the game was over, several of the UGA players ran towards the student section and taunted the Auburn fans, yelling obscenities at us. Front and center, leading the charge, was none other than their current head coach, Kirby Smart.

22 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

I never really hated them, until I moved to GA 3 years out of High School in 1984. I completely despise every thing about them. I'm glad they ran Richt off, because I actually liked him. I hate them so much that I will listen to their radio call-in programs IE the Bulldog brunch on Sunday mornings just to remind myself how much I loathe them. I don't attend any games anymore except for once in a blue moon, but have attended games at all the traditional SEC venues. I have never had any problems with opposing fans, except at Georgia. Had a couple of fans run up behind us and knock a stadium seat out of my wife's hands after a game in Athens about 20 years ago. I caught one of them and beat the s*** out of him. would have gotten them both but I couldn't catch the other one. Went to the 1999 Auburn Georgia game with a good friend of mine who was a Georgia fan, big boy over 300 pounds, and he and I about had to fight some other Georgia fans before we got out of there. I can't stand Bama because I think they get away with a lot of things that other teams can't, but my hatred for Georgia is on a totally different level.

This will disappoint some of you I'm sure.  I hate Thuga so bad that I would trade losses next year to ruin their season this year.  By ruin their season I mean beat them so handily that they drop far enough in the polls to not make the final 4.  That would be awesome in my book.

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I have successfully converted two, in which one actually attended Auburn.  Some are just too far gone though.

Some just need a few more injections of Auburn than others. ;)

Almost as much as I do spuat is how much I hate them.  The fact that they have dominated us for the past 12 years with some teams that had no business beating us makes my frustration level towards losing this game that much more.

wde

1 hour ago, atltiger23 said:

I'll add my $.02...like another poster said, the Dogs never really bothered me until about 2002. I actually thought we had a pretty good, civil rivalry with them until then. Ever since then, for whatever reason, they seem to think they are better than everyone else, with a strange sort of superiority, both football and academically. Academically, they think UGA is on par with UVA/UNC and just barely below Vanderbilt, and as a result, they think they are better than you because they went to UGA. Very strange. I received full Hope scholarship but had no interest in attending school there. Impossible for them to fathom.

Football-wise, as the old saying goes, UGA football can be described as Alabama arrogance, LSU talent, and Ole Miss results. Yet, for whatever reason, they think they are better than your team despite years of mediocrity. Oh, and of course, they are  morally superior to every other team in the country despite the numerous times they have lead the SEC in player arrests.

Finally, I will share this story...when we lost the 1996 game in 4-OTs, me and some buddies were sitting in the end zone student section lamenting the loss. After the game was over, several of the UGA players ran towards the student section and taunted the Auburn fans, yelling obscenities at us. Front and center, leading the charge, was none other than their current head coach, Kirby Smart.

And this is exactly why I cannot stand Kirby Smart.  He is an absolute clown, jumping up and down on the sidelines.  And a lot of people say they wish he was at AU.  

Archived