The Egg Bowl

around4ever

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick Fitzgerald just got a gruesome injury. Looks like a broken ankle - unfortunately it took ESPN about 10 seconds to realize that his foot was the wrong direction. 

18 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Nick Fitzgerald just got a gruesome injury. Looks like a broken ankle - unfortunately it took ESPN about 10 seconds to realize that his foot was the wrong direction. 

Definitely dislocated. 

I noticed he was tackled at an awkward angle, saw him grab his knee...then saw the ankle. Rough. 

Awful. Such a good player. Makes you thankful Stidham hasn’t been hurt as much as he’s been sacked this year. 

Meow, and backup QB goes for 30 yards on the run. Not sure after seeing that I would let my QB run. 

OMG...was it like Gordon Heyward's injury? I'm glad I wasn't watching. I could hardly stand that. Prayers to him.

Just now, jared52 said:

Awful. Such a good player. Makes you thankful Stidham hasn’t been hurt as much as he’s been sacked this year. 

Meow, and backup QB goes for 30 yards on the run. Not sure after seeing that I would let my QB run. 

Knock on wood. 

24 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Yeah, a producer was asleep at the wheel.  That camera should have been cut as soon as you could see it.  Gruesome, Theisman and Heyward like injury. 

4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Yeah, a producer was asleep at the wheel.  That camera should have been cut as soon as you could see it.  Gruesome, Theisman and Heyward like injury. 

I think all of the camera operators had a little too much egg nog with their turkey. They’ve been asleep at the wheel all game. 

The ultimate reality of life as a running QB in the SEC.  Fitzgerald finally getting recognition as a guy who could carry that offense and he sustains what looked like it might be career threatening.  The idea of "just a dislocation" seems far fetched from what I saw.  The bottom of his leg bone was outside of his foot.  If he doesn't have nerve damage he will be fortunate.

A tibia and fibula break may be the lesser injury.  A dislocation that severe will have multiple ligament damages and possible nerve damage. 

39 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Tyrone Prothro is the one that sticks in my memory.  Even though he played for Bama, it saddened me to see such a great player’s career cut short.

33 minutes ago, around4ever said:

A tibia and fibula break may be the lesser injury.  A dislocation that severe will have multiple ligament damages and possible nerve damage. 

I’m wondering if they just popped it back into place considering he’s out on the sideline on crutches. 

I’m sure he got a nice little shot to dull the pain. 

This was posted on Twitter by Christopher Smith who has no affiliation with MSU but it sounds plausible. 

"FWIW, fiancee (medical provider) says Nick Fitzgerald has an ankle fracture, displaced. Says he'll likely need ORIF (OPEN reduction internal fixation) surgery. (Plates and metals in ankle.) ~1 year of physical therapy. Possible nerve damage."

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Definitely dislocated. 

I noticed he was tackled at an awkward angle, saw him grab his knee...then saw the ankle. Rough. 

Looks a lot like the Gordon Hayward injury. The angle of the foot and the way the ankle bone is protruding is eerily similar to Hayward. 

Archived