The Egg Bowl

around4ever

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

After they realize Gruden will finally not be coming

Beat me to it. Got some kin who seem to really believe it. 

23 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Why did the espn camera follow that thug as he was leaving the field?

My thoughts exactly.  

I like Matt Luke and wouldn't mind seeing him become HC at Ole Miss.  I think, with a little more power, he would put a stop to the thuggery. 

1 minute ago, aufan57 said:

If not Mullen who?

I don't know.  I just know the Mullens love Starkville and MSU  alumni and admins like him.  I think they will pay him to stay. 

38 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Why did the espn camera follow that thug as he was leaving the field?

And why does Speaks not get a third personal foul for unsportsmanlike conduct with the s*** show he pulled going off of the field?

It's never a totally bad day when Mullen gets a kick in the chops. I'll never forgive him for being the lying, snarky role player he was in the Cam fiasco when it was HIS school that did the bad things. I used to root for MSU when they weren't playing AU, but never again until Mullen is gone from there.

the SEC would have 10 teams bowl eligible if ole miss could go to a bowl. 

8 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

And why does Speaks not get a third personal foul for unsportsmanlike conduct with the s*** show he pulled going off of the field?

Yep...I kept expecting to see a flag....but nothing....guess Mayfield raised the bar on what is now considered " bad taste".

We needed moo st to win, so it keeps our strength of schedule up, state was ranked #14.

On a side note I predict- 

Mullen to FSU

Jimbo to aTm

Norvel to UT

Frost to UF

Kelly to UCLA

Summlin to ASU

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

We needed moo st to win, so it keeps our strength of schedule up, state was ranked #14.

I actually thought about this beforehand and I don't think MSU losing hurts us at all.  If we win out, we will still be in.  If we lose,  we aren't getting in regardless. We just play too many top teams to end the season.  I do think it hurts Bama more. If they lose, there is still a chance they get in with a big discussion.  Hurting their strength of schedule would be more detrimental.  Therefore, I am perfectly fine with Ole Miss winning.  

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yep...I kept expecting to see a flag....but nothing....guess Mayfield raised the bar on what is now considered " bad taste".

How would we like another shot at ol Baker? Mr. Mayfield meet Mr. Holland....

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I actually thought about this beforehand and I don't think MSU losing hurts us at all.  If we win out, we will still be in.  If we lose,  we aren't getting in regardless. We just play too many top teams to end the season.  I do think it hurts Bama more. If they lose, there is still a chance they get in with a big discussion.  Hurting their strength of schedule would be more detrimental.  Therefore, I am perfectly fine with Ole Miss winning.  

Not to mention, I believe one of the other factors looked at is wins vs bowl eligible teams. Even though Ole Miss is on a ban, they now count as one. 

17 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

I know there isnt many big name candidates this year, but this list is very meh.

11 minutes ago, hutchids said:

I know there isnt many big name candidates this year, but this list is very meh.

Well, someone asked and I posted.  There are lots of diamonds in the rough to be had for anyone who is in need of a coach.  Can't figure why we would be that interested in who Tennessee eventually settles upon, and would think a local newspaper would have more insight, for sure.  I'm so glad that right now, we are OFF the coaching carousel at Auburn!  BEAT BAMA...laser-beam focus!  

5 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

That would have mattered in the BCS era with computers making the calls. I don't think it makes any difference now. Plus, as noted above, beat UAT and UGA we are in, lose one of those games and we are out. That's cut and dried.

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

the SEC would have 10 teams bowl eligible if ole miss could go to a bowl. 

How can that be? All season long, as Coach Malzahn's team kept rolling up 40+ points a game against SEC teams all we heard was "that's because the SEC sucks". Now there could have been 10 SEC teams in bowls? :)

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

How can that be? All season long, as Coach Malzahn's team kept rolling up 40+ points a game against SEC teams all we heard was "that's because the SEC sucks". Now there could have been 10 SEC teams in bowls? :)

MgcYZSP.gif

39 minutes ago, Mikey said:

And half the SEC will be looking for new head coaches ... go figure. 

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Strategic scheduling.......half of the bowl eligible wins for a number of these teams are barely in the top 200 nationally. 

Several teams may have interim coaches for their bowl games....the SEC is a mess.....:dunno:

Archived