SEC Predictions

vatz22au

Link, what is about Alabama that makes you think they'll finish ahead of us? LSU will wipe the floor with them, they are ALWAYS Tennessee's beatch and we get them at home.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WEST

Auburn  :au:

LSU  :lsu:

BAMA  :ua:

OLE MISS  :om:

ARKANSAS  :arky:

MISS ST  :msu:

EAST

TENNESSEE  :ut:

FLORIDA  :uf:

GEORGIA  :uga:

SOUTH CAROLINA  :usc:

VANDERBILT  :vandy:

KENTUCKY   :uk:

LSU will be a talented team, but a new coaching staff will push the West crown to AUBURN.

In the East, if it were not for the new coaching staff I might pick Florida.  But then almost any coaching staff would have to be an improvement over Zook.  I think Tennessee will be improved over last year.

149821[/snapback]

Good points made by all.

A question for you, what do you mean by so many losses. We are losing 2 RBs, 1 QB, 2 DBs , 2 DLs(out of 6-7 man rotation), and 2 OL (again out of 8-9 man rotation). Now I know several of these players are future pros, but that is not a big loss in terms of numbers.

Kind of losing the point there. It is certainly not the quantity you are losing but the quality. 2 RBs and 1 QB = 2 NFL First Round Draft Picks, and at least a 3rd Rounder. Tell me what % of the 2004 offense these three players accounted for to put it in perspective. Then you will realize how much you have lost.

A few thoughts:

Auburn this coming year reminds me of LSU last year. Good returnees on both lines on paper, excellent outside skills personnel, good coaching, and one huge question at QB. If Auburn develops someone to be 1/2 of what Campbell was this year, they could have as good a chance as anyone to win the West. If the QBs struggle, AU better have an Alley Broussard or Joseph Addai type of player to fall back on. I am sure you have some talented young backs, but LSU's success last year was solely based on the run game and the defense. Do you have anyone the caliber of Broussard or Addai (not to mention Vincent) that can carry your offense?

The LSU coaching staff is a big question mark. I will grant you there is potential for failure, but that is highly unlikely. Les Miles has been called up from Busch tracks to big leagues. I don't think he will screw it up. Matter of fact, now that Darth Saban is gone, LSU could be better overall. He was kind of suffocating <heavy breathing>.

The dynasty talk last year was made by idiots. Every school has them. Wait till yours come out and make asses of themselves too.

The West will be decided when Auburn comes to Baton Rouge. With a new QB, in that environment, I think LSU wins this game. Wouldn't that just continue with the established precedent?

Good luck to you. WDE and all that.

To be clear, I have not seen anyone mention LSUs brand spankin new coaching staff either......

149818[/snapback]

I would be alot more worried if Jimbo had not stayed.

west

:au:

:om:

:ua:

:lsu:

:msu:  

:arky:

149832[/snapback]

You're kidding right? Show us your real projections.

west

149832[/snapback]

You're kidding right? Show us your real projections.

149833[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking. I just don't see Ole Miss finishing above both LSU & BAMA. It's just not going to happen.

I don't see how LSU or Auburn can say they'll be better than the other.

LSU has a whole new coaching staff. There will be some "adjusting pains" with that, count on it. The QB situation at LSU is what kept it out of the SEC championship game last year. Until that improves, nothing is for sure. The defense should be solid again. Don't know much about their running game...

And remember how no one really talked about the "Nallsminger" experiment just before the 2003 season? We all just assumed there would be no drop off from Petrino? Well I do and now Auburn has a new defensive coordinator that no one seems to be talking about. That's one area of concern I have...the unknown I guess. And speaking of the unknown, how is Auburn going to recover from all that NFL talent it just lost. Yeah, it was only a handful of individuals but geeze...look at the percentage of the team output that that handful of players made up. Auburn being able to reload from that will definitely be the key. And it starts with the QB, probably the biggest question mark.

I'd say LSU has the advantage over Auburn right now just because of home field.

Don't really care for the overrated east...

Link, what is about Alabama that makes you think they'll finish ahead of us?  LSU will wipe the floor with them, they are ALWAYS Tennessee's beatch and we get them at home.

149823[/snapback]

Well, I first had Alabama at 2nd....then put them BEHIND Auburn at 3rd....then just decided to tie them.

I can't imagine Shula's offense can get any more lame. He has to freakin be more creative....I mean......he has too and with Croyle at QB.....I think he can do it. Even if Croyle isn't 100%....he will be 3x what that had last year. Their D is somewhat back and I love their schemed defense which didnt stand on 1-2 guys backs.

For Auburn, ya'lls situation is like ours at UGA.....we are losing some VERY important parts and I think its the same at Auburn. I don't think your RB's will be nearly as good as last year's and with Cox at QB.....I don't think that is a very good tandom....YET.....

As for the East....Florida's new coaching hire is over-shadowing their severe lack of depth and experience on the DL front and their secondary is quite shaky. I don't see a average D team winning the East. Then again, I said UT was 100% not going to win and UGA has DJ at QB.

So.....who the hell knows?

I have Auburn and LSU battling for 1st in the West, with LSU coming out on top because 1. I think they will beat us head-to-head, and 2. They have a joke of a road schedule: They play at Miss St., Vandy, Alabama, and Ole Miss. Wow. Our road schedule, on the other hand is: at Arkansas, Kentucky, LSU, and Georgia. Quite a bit tougher. So I think we finish 2nd, Bama finishes 3rd (which I think will be their highest finish in the next 3 years), Arkansas 4th, Miss. St. 5th, and Ole Miss last.

In the East, there's no reason to believe Tennessee can't win it again. In fact, I predict the same exact 1-6 finish as this year. Georgia was a better team than Tennessee was last year, yet the Vols still wound up in ATL. I think they'll do it again. Georgia will finish 2nd again, Florida 3rd, South Carolina 4th, Kentucky 5th, Vandy last.

When all is said and done, I think whoever wins the West once again wins the SEC. Tennessee the last few years has struggled against teams with a good running game and a good defense. Whoever wins the West will have those things, and win in ATL for the 3rd straight time.

I don't see how LSU or Auburn can say they'll be better than the other.

LSU has a whole new coaching staff.  There will be some "adjusting pains" with that, count on it.  The QB situation at LSU is what kept it out of the SEC championship game last year.  Until that improves, nothing is for sure.  The defense should be solid again.  Don't know much about their running game...

And remember how no one really talked about the "Nallsminger" experiment just before the 2003 season?  We all just assumed there would be no drop off from Petrino?  Well I do and now Auburn has a new defensive coordinator that no one seems to be talking about.  That's one area of concern I have...the unknown I guess.  And speaking of the unknown, how is Auburn going to recover from all that NFL talent it just lost.  Yeah, it was only a handful of individuals but geeze...look at the percentage of the team output that that handful of players made up.  Auburn being able to reload from that will definitely be the key.  And it starts with the QB, probably the biggest question mark.

I'd say LSU has the advantage over Auburn right now just because of home field.

Don't really care for the overrated east...

149835[/snapback]

Although unproven, I think our QB game will be fine. Just a hunch.

However, one aspect of LSU's game that no one is questioning that cost us 2 of our 3 losses last year is the kicking game. We didn't get any 5-star kickers like AU.

The way USC is headed, I dont see any way in hell they even come close to more then 7 wins.

149878[/snapback]

South Carolina or Southern Cal?

The way USC is headed, I dont see any way in hell they even come close to more then 7 wins.

149878[/snapback]

South Carolina or Southern Cal?

149879[/snapback]

duhhhh.....South Carolina....just had a couple big starters kicked off the team (starting rb).

okay, i'll go.

West

LSU

Auburn

Alabama

Arkansas

MSU

Ole Miss

East

Tennessee

Georgia

Florida

South Carolina

Vandy

Kentucky

i think auburn will be just like this year's lsu team. a lot of folks are saying the west will be decided in baton rouge, but in reality, i don't see either team running the table so it may well just give the winner a leg up. i think we'll go 9-2 based on having the best defense in the conference (again), and a solid, unspectacular offense. i've seen cox in live action last year and at scrimmage this year. i expect him to be a good qb. i think he'll develop into something really special by the time he leaves. i just don't see him being a championship guy right away. it's too much to ask. also, i think you lsu folks are funny talking about how good jv is. he's a flash in the pan. he had a solid run of games as a frosh and has never been seen again. he's the third best back on the team (talent wise), and i'd take carl stewart over him tomorrow. broussard is the best back in the conference now (riggs and norwood close behind).

i like lsu's talent, and i personally expect a big improvement from russell with another off season. the only way i see auburn winning that game is if lsu makes the mistake of starting the freshman. that'd give us a much better shot with him against our defense. i got bama next (at 7-4ish). i got arkansas beating msu in fayetteville to make a bowl, the dogs making strides (5-6ish), and ole miss with coach o in the cellar.

tennessee just has sooooo much coming back that they may actually benefit from playing their tough road games at the start of the year. they will be the experienced team in those games (florida and lsu). if they get a split, they should lose one more at most the rest of the year.

uga is going to be so good all over the field that i think they'll live through the growing pains of learning to play a different style off offense with shockley (although i think he blows... somehow it'll work out). that schedule helps with four wins and a bye week before tennessee. i'm not a gimmick offense guy so i think florida will struggle playing teams like ut, lsu, uga, and bama (ugh) that can run all over the field on defense. i think urban will be a LOT better after his first year (think mark richt). usc is gonna struggle, but they'll be exciting. they'll go bowling. i took vandy over kentucky because... why not?

Although unproven, I think our QB game will be fine. Just a hunch.

Wow...great insight. Thanks for sharing. :rolleyes::poke:

WEST

LS_Who

Auburn

SPUAT

HOGS

Ole miss

Msu

EAST

PHAT PHIL (The GREAT Pumpkin)

Gators

UGA-ly

USC

Basketball

Commode Odors

149743[/snapback]

lol...basketball....i actually laughed out loud on that one :lol:

149749[/snapback]

i get lucky once in a while! :big:

:au::homer:

The big question in the west is which team wins the oct 22 match between Auburn and lsu. The winner wins the west. The game will be the 7th for both teams, and I think this is to Auburn's advantage. Lsu will already have the advantage of having a seasoned QB in a familiar system and the 6 earlier games will give our QB and offense an opportunity to 'gel'.

For lsu, the ONLY other opponents on their schedule (besides Auburn) that have the talent to beat them is Tenn and FL. I look for Tenn to beat lsu when they play. The good thing for Auburn is that the only other team capable of beating lsu (FL.) plays them the week before we do. That puts Auburn in a good spot and is an advantage for us.

Auburn plays only two other teams capable of beating them in 2005 (not counting lsu and the Bowl opponent) and that is GaTech (because it is the 1st game of the year) and Ga. We play Ak. the week before we play lsu and Ak. was pathetic last year, even with Matt Jones. They'll be worse this year.

If lsu beats Auburn, they will win the West, period, because at worst they will only lose to Tenn. If Auburn beats lsu AND lsu loses to Tenn., Auburn will win the west.

Its a toss-up because they have home-field advantage (and it is ONE BIG ADVANTAGE- I've been there) and the advantage of a seasoned QB in a familiar system.... and Auburn has the advantage of scheduling. If I was the lsu coaches, I would stack the line and stop Auburn's run game... do that and Cox won't be able to win the game throwing the ball like Campbell did last year.

The game, I think, will come down to ONE most important matchup: Our experienced OL versus the lsu DL. If Auburn wins that match-up, we win the game.

So, how good will lsu's DL be next year???

Guest Tigrinum Major
Auburn or LSU will most likely win the west, but I have to put bama.

149920[/snapback]

It's ok, we understand that Alabamaholism is a disease that has no cure. Believe me, we feel sorry for you, we really do, but we can't help you until you admit you have a problem. There are various 12 step (how ironic!) programs out there if you'll just look.

We'll keep you in our prayers.

I know this isn't a prediction, but I have a question. Why does every year, everyone pick Tennessee to win it all? They haven't won a championship since 98, but everyone seems to think without a doubt that Tennessee will win it every year. Just a question.

Auburn or LSU will most likely win the west, but I have to put bama.

West

East

:ut:

:uf:

:uga:

:usc:

:vandy:

:uk:

:ut:   SEC Champs

149920[/snapback]

Your an honest man.....an honest man..... :lol:

i think one reason folks pick UT is b/c they have to win one eventually right? they've been there as many times as any team since 1998 (twice: vs. lsu and auburn), and they are the only team to go twice that doesn't have a win (lsu 01 and 03, uga 02, florida 00). so logic says that if they keep showing up, they gotta win the thing sometime right?

personally, i think the whoever wins the west will win the title game. auburn or lsu. not b/c i think both those teams are national title good, but b/c i think auburn will have the best defense in the conference and b/c if lsu gets there they'll be national title good.

I know this isn't a prediction, but I have a question.  Why does every year, everyone pick Tennessee to win it all?  They haven't won a championship since 98, but everyone seems to think without a doubt that Tennessee will win it every year.  Just a question.

149922[/snapback]

Did anyone think that last year...? I think they were picked 3rd or 4th in the division.....

:au::homer:

I made my predictions a long time ago, and they are on the predictions forum. I will chime in though, the winner of the LSU/AU game will go to Atlanta because the rest of the West is weak, very weak. Bama could make noise but I don't see them beating LSU and AU in the same season for a while. LSU has several tough games before they play AU i.e. ASU,UT, and UF; while AU has GaTech,SoCar and Ark as the toughest games before they play LSU. I'm a little worried about Cox making his second ever road start at Baton Rouge :no: . Plus Auburn hasn't won in Baton Rouge since 1999, remember that game LSU fans, at least thank Tubby for running off Dinardo cause that is the game that sent him packing. The east is simple, UT has the most talent and veteran coaching staff, UF has new coach, gimmicky offense and little depth and UGA lost their motor and his childhood friend.

Archived