SEC Predictions

vatz22au

i personally think arkansas' biggest win of the year will be over us. i don't like playing in fayetteville, a very hard place to play, for cox's first road game. i think we'll have to play basically flawless to win that one.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Motor and his childhood friend" :roflol::roflol::roflol:

UT will have some holes to fill at RB and the QB's look very promising but still yet unproven. I think UF could be the surprise out of that league because of Urban Meyer. Like Borges, he may come in with a unique system that it takes the SEC a couple of years to figure out. He has one of the top returning QBs in the nation to run that offense so I look for them to contend for the east. UGA is talented from top to bottom but QB is the BIG ??? just like AU. If the QB position at both schools comes through, both AU and UGA have great chances to win their divisions.

Next year is going to be fun and I think the SEC is going to be stronger than last year. Hopefully, someone will have a magical season and make it through unscathed to play for the MNC.

Bama's got it tough this year. Consider the fact that they have to play AT USC, and get UT and UF at home ...for their eastern division tour. No UK or Vandy in there...so no gimmie.

Our western games are not bad though except AT AU will be tough. We get LSU and Arkansas in ttown.

I think our offense will be fine...IF our Oline stays healthy. If you guys remember, no one was complaining about how predictable Shula's O was until Croyle went down in the third game. If he stays healthy, I think an 8-3 type year is not out of the question.

I also think AU has some big shoes to fill in Chizk. Might be their biggest loss from last year...

When I think about AU/LSU, i remember last year...AU went undefeated, had the best personell/talent/schemes theyve had in YEARS...and still had to beat LSU on a last second drive in AU.

Gotta give the preseason edge (whatever thats worth) to LSU.

Auburn or LSU will most likely win the west, but I have to put bama.

West

:ua:

:au:

:lsu:

:arky:

:om:

:msu:

East

:ut:

:uf:

:uga:

:usc:

:vandy:

:uk:

:ut:   SEC Champs

149920[/snapback]

Wow, Do you guys realize that :ut: will beat :ua: twice next season? :big:

Just in fun...

When I think about AU/LSU, i remember last year...AU went undefeated, had the best personell/talent/schemes theyve had in YEARS...and still had to beat LSU on a last second drive in AU.

149954[/snapback]

Ronnie Brown scored a TD earlier that they didn't give to us, they called him out of bounds. We ended up going for it on 4th on that drive and getting stopped. We deserved that game, and thankfully we came through when it counted.

Hard to tell with the LSU game. Last year's national champions coming into what has become one of the bigger rivalry games in the SEC lately. I think sometimes, it's all about matchups. We were dead even with LSU that day. Fast forward a week or two and UGA throttles the Bengal Tigers. Hit fast-forward again and AU spanks the Bulldogs.

I would love to see someone come out of the SEC playing for the MNC, but I really think there's going to be too many strong teams and everyone will get knocked off at some point. Bama will have just the type of team to pull some of the upsets, IF Shula learns to get over the hump and win a big game. You have to assume he will but he's still got to get a signature win before this team starts really believing they can win the big games.

I don't see how Arkansas can beat us with what they have right now. Nutt is an average coach at best. I know that Fayetteville has been less than hospitable to AU ever since Nutt took over the Hawgs. I agree with the big win for Shula statement, he needs a win over UF,UT, or AU to really help the mindset of the team.

149954[/snapback]

Ronnie Brown scored a TD earlier that they didn't give to us, they called him out of bounds.

149962[/snapback]

You obviously don't own a tape of the game.

You beat us fair and square, but don't pull the "they didn't give us" :bs: .

Ronnie scored. The repaly shows the fact.

Corndogs....Nature's quitters. :lol::lol::lol:

149954[/snapback]

Ronnie Brown scored a TD earlier that they didn't give to us, they called him out of bounds.

149962[/snapback]

You obviously don't own a tape of the game.

You beat us fair and square, but don't pull the "they didn't give us" :bs: .

149972[/snapback]

I don't know too many Auburn fans that don't own a tape of that game. Mine's back in Ohio now though, so I can't check it. From what I recall he didn't actually step out though, and since the goal line "extends around the world," it should have been a TD if he crossed the plane without stepping out. If his foot did touch the chalk then nevermind.

i own a dvd of the game. ronnie was in bounds for one where he was called out. dunno bout another, but they did miss one call. i suppose you guys would say they missed two calls. either way, we were better, deserved the game, and won. end of story.

i don't think tenn. will have a hole at running back. i think they will be a LOT better with riggs playing the whole season instead of splitting time with houston who was average. gerald riggs, jr. is one of the top three backs returning to this league. couple that with qbs who have as much experience as any the league, and they are going to score points. even with randy sanders calling the shots: best offense in the sec.

i DON'T see bama getting above 7-4 this year with brodie or without. they won't be tennessee, they won't beat lsu that late in the year, i can't see anything better than 2-1 out of msu, usc, and florida, and i never pick the iron bowl but i never expect to lose. bama is still thin, and they still have a qb with less of a resume than tennessee's third stringer. (and how could your offense look "predictable" against that awful competition early last year? brodie never played against a defense, by no fault of his own or his coaches, so we don't know how the offense would look against a good team.)

i think arkansas can beat us. i think they'll be a lot better than folks think without magic matt. they graduated SEVEN senior starters. SEVEN. they had a pretty good defense last year which returns basically everything but the line (important i know). they had some pretty good offensive players like de'arrius howard and decori birmingham along with 4 of the 5 linemen. they're going to be a good team that i expect to win 6 to 8 games (layups: swmsu, lamu, and vandy; should wins: msu at home, at ole miss; winnable games: home to south carolina, at alabama, home for auburn; losses: at usc... maybe they'll get a redemption game for the bogus loss to texas last year, at lsu, at uga).

i think arkansas can beat us. i think they'll be a lot better than folks think without magic matt. they graduated SEVEN senior starters. SEVEN. they had a pretty good defense last year which returns basically everything but the line (important i know). they had some pretty good offensive players like de'arrius howard and decori birmingham along with 4 of the 5 linemen. they're going to be a good team that i expect to win 6 to 8 games (layups: swmsu, lamu, and vandy; should wins: msu at home, at ole miss; winnable games: home to south carolina, at alabama, home for auburn; losses: at usc... maybe they'll get a redemption game for the bogus loss to texas last year, at lsu, at uga).

149993[/snapback]

Yeah, I think us beating them the last 2 years may have lulled some of us into thinking they're not a threat, but we all remember the massive beatings they laid on us before that. Having to play in Hogville will be no small task for us, and if Arkansas fields a decent QB, they'll be very dangerous.

i own a dvd of the game. ronnie was in bounds for one where he was called out. dunno bout another, but they did miss one call. i suppose you guys would say they missed two calls. either way, we were better, deserved the game, and won. end of story.

149993[/snapback]

I could recall Cadillac (I think it was him) getting stripped before going OOB and Travis Daniels catching the ball in bounds.

Like I said, AU deserved it, but the "refs screwed us" flag just doesn't cut it.

Campbell is a key loss, everyone else will be replaced with no dropoff. Don't believe me? Last spring, it was all Smith, Stewart & Irons getting all the carries. CW & RB hardly played at all. CAB's comment to CTT then was, "You mean to tell me that CW & RB are better than these guys?!

West

:au: The team to beat is the defending SEC Champ and riding a 15-game winning streak.

:lsu: Three words: New ... Head ... Coach. Maybe Les Miles is a diamond in the rough. I don't know. We'll see.

:arky: Houston Nutt always surprises me.

uat They have a few good players. Not enough for a full team, though. Head Coach is still doing OJT.

:om: or :msu: Haven't a clue who to rate over the other. Don't much care either.

East

:ut: The reason why I pick UT is because Fulmer always has a boatload of blue-chippers handy. Fulmer is the premier recruiter -- nobody outrecruits him. He wins by being able to assemble good athletes by sheer volume. If he could ever figure out a way to motivate them to play together, ... whoa.

:usc: I'm going with the Spurrier mystique despite losing Demetrius Summers. He will have a wide open scoring attack no matter what. He picked up the DC from Southern Miss. This guy is truly a coaching genius. I mean, he won an ACC title at Duke, for God's sake. Think about it.

:uf: I know UF is the fashionable pick because of Urban Meyer. But, UF has some holes on the D side to fill. Plus, they got a new coach from a mid-major conference. I'm sure he's a good one and he'll eventually do fine, but I think even Meyer needs a year or two to cut it in the SEC.

:uga: Too many key personnel losses from last year. This will be Richt's biggest coaching challenge to date.

:uk: or :vandy: Haven't a clue who to rate over the other. Don't much care either.

The thing about AU barely beating LSU is that they were still doubting themselves from 2003. It was the third game of the year and the first quality team they had played. Also had a new offensive scheme that was being run.

This fall it is a later game and I think AU comes in at 6-0 knowing that they can beat LSU and most of the players having two years of the offense. The D should be good, so I say if the O has come together it will be a very good game with AU hopefully pulling the win.

Campbell is a key loss, everyone else will be replaced with no dropoff.  Don't believe me?  Last spring, it was all Smith, Stewart & Irons getting all the carries.  CW & RB hardly played at all.  CAB's comment to CTT then was, "You mean to tell me that CW & RB are better than these guys?!

West

:au:   The team to beat is the defending SEC Champ and riding a 15-game winning streak.

:lsu:   Three words:  New ... Head ... Coach.  Maybe Les Miles is a diamond in the rough.  I don't know.  We'll see. 

:arky:   Houston Nutt always surprises me. 

uat    They have a few good players.  Not enough for a full team, though.  Head Coach is still doing OJT. 

:om:   or  :msu:   Haven't a clue who to rate over the other.  Don't much care either. 

East

:ut:   The reason why I pick UT is because Fulmer always has a boatload of blue-chippers handy.  Fulmer is the premier recruiter -- nobody outrecruits him.  He wins by being able to assemble good athletes by sheer volume.  If he could ever figure out a way to motivate them to play together, ... whoa. 

:usc:   I'm going with the Spurrier mystique despite losing Demetrius Summers.  He will have a wide open scoring attack no matter what.  He picked up the DC from Southern Miss.  This guy is truly a coaching genius.  I mean, he won an ACC title at Duke, for God's sake.  Think about it. 

:uf:   I know UF is the fashionable pick because of Urban Meyer.  But, UF has some holes on the D side to fill.  Plus, they got a new coach from a mid-major conference.  I'm sure he's a good one and he'll eventually do fine, but I think even Meyer needs a year or two to cut it in the SEC. 

:uga:   Too many key personnel losses from last year.  This will be Richt's biggest coaching challenge to date. 

:uk:   or  :vandy:   Haven't a clue who to rate over the other.  Don't much care either.

150023[/snapback]

I think AU's key losses are 1 Carlos Rogers and 2 Jason Campbell, in that order. AU has to come up with a good cover man or the D will not be as good as last year. CR took a bunch of pressure of the D by shutting down one side of the field.

It's ok, we understand that Alabamaholism is a disease that has no cure. Believe me, we feel sorry for you, we really do, but we can't help you until you admit you have a problem. There are various 12 step (how ironic!) programs out there if you'll just look.

We'll keep you in our prayers.

149921[/snapback]

Yea, yea, yea........

Like I said, AU deserved it, but the "refs screwed us" flag just doesn't cut it.

150018[/snapback]

NEWSFLASH: LSU fans were crying about the extra point penalty and how it "cost them the game"...nevermind the 4th and 12 conversion or the 3rd and 12 TD. Welcome to last September dude. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

wow, i never thought i'd have to be the one to temper expectations, but if you don't expect a dropoff after you lose two of the top five backs to ever wear auburn jerseys, you're kidding yourself. caddy and ronnie were amazing. A-mazing. i've seen tre and carl, and they, sir, are no carnell and ronnie. do i think we're going to drop like a rock? nope. but there will be a dropoff. just for an example: if cox lobs the ball up in front of an all-sec cornerback like saaaaay corey webster to pick a name out of the air, tre smith will not be wrenching the ball out of his hands and running the other way with it for a first down keeping the game winning drive alive. OR if there's a solid sec safety on the 3-4 yard line, carl stewart will not knock his helmet off and drag him into the endzone. does that mean they (along with kenny) can't be good sec backs? no it doesn't. it just means they won't be carnell or ronnie.

replacing jason and carlos and junior (who covered for a lot of mistakes while adding versatility with his coverage skills) will be very difficult, but right now, i'd say we're having the hardest time finding a replacement for jeremy ingle.

I hear ya about Tally, I was there, good lord was I there. I sat in the upper deck getting nice and cozy with the sun which seemed about a mile away. Arkansas will have some talent but Nutt can't coach when it comes to offensive play calling. Have you watched the Hawgs the last 3 or 4 seasons, the draw play is about 40% of their entire package. Nutt had a boatload of talent in 03, what happened? They went 9-4 and lost to Auburn at home, a lot of the Arkansas people are still upset that didn't do more with what they had. I haven't gotten into a lull about arky, I was there for 38-17 and watched the other beatings on tv going :blink: . I just think Tubby has shook off that jinx against the Hogs.

just mark me down as someone who is extremely nervous about that road game.

150018[/snapback]

NEWSFLASH: LSU fans were crying about the extra point penalty and how it "cost them the game"...nevermind the 4th and 12 conversion or the 3rd and 12 TD. Welcome to last September dude. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

150037[/snapback]

:iamwithstupid:

That's brilliant logic. Nobody has said that here. All I've said is AU deserved it, but no... AU should have annihilated LSU. The refs got paid from Saban's fat Dolphins check.

150018[/snapback]

150037[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::roflol::roflol:

149993[/snapback]

I could recall Cadillac (I think it was him) getting stripped before going OOB and Travis Daniels catching the ball in bounds.

150018[/snapback]

Does anyone have some cheese to go with this Whine! :roflol:

Archived