Official Postgame thread

TAYLORKEETON

Just now, AU64 said:

Are you comparing JS with BM?    maybe I'm missing something but almost no comparison best I can tell in their level of football awareness.  Again...accepting that JS is still relatively young and he might get there one day.....hope so. 

lol heck no. Stidham is not close to him. I meant that lincolns offense would work even with a less talented qb than baker. 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That's fair.  I'm on record as saying all I really want is a chance to play for championships in November.  I think it's unreasonable to expect to win the West every year, but it's not unreasonable to expect to compete for it every year.  We should expect to be in Atlanta once every 3 or so years, at least.  We should expect to make playoff appearances with some regularity.

I look at it like the pros.  The first goal should always be win the division.  Then after that, you shift your goals to loftier expectations.  Going into next season, defending the West title should be our primary objective.  Trust me, I would LOVE to be the team that embraces a "four horsemen"-esque attitude.  Embrace the hate and expect to win.  If you don't like that we win so much, too damn bad.

This. We're on the same page. 

That should be the first goal, defend the West. 

11 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

If you are only interested in those three then you cannot be a Malzahn supporter.

Well we won one and played for a second this year.

And I'm not a "Malzahn supporter" as you put it.  I watch football and realize that overall, our program is on a good trajectory.  6 wins, to 8 wins, to 10 wins + a division title over the last three years in the regular season.  I'll take that kind of growth all day.

Go look at Dabo at Clemson and imagine if they fired him as early as some wanted.  And admittedly, I don't think people give Malzahn enough credit for pulling this program back from the depths of 3-9.  There was a lot of house cleaning that needed to be done after the Chizik years.  We're finally on solid ground and I'd like to see where this goes.  If he fails over the next couple of years to win the conference, then we should absolutely be concerned as a fan base.

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

It goes up and down from year to year. This year AU did not earn the right to swagger. What you don't get.....and what sounds kind of bammerish.....is you think it's a right and not something a team must work for EVERY GAME. Resting on past accomplishments is not enough.  It's been 7 years since AU earned the right to act like they are something that special. There's a lot of work that needs to be done to get that right back. Today was a good example. Everybody acting like AU was too good to lose to UCF when quite clearly that was not true. That kind of swagger will kill a team every time because it's undeserved.

SO only teams that win a natty that very year are allowed to have swagger as well as the fans? ummm okkkkkkkkkkk. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

bad randman BAD BAD!!!! lol we have plenty of accomplishments in our history to warrant this swagger! Heck we have more than georgia and they  act like alabama fans without any of the accomplishments! fake it till you make it I guess! haha

Haha. The swagger part I missed on but I think we are in agreement on the overreaction part. 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

YOUR BOY!?!?!?!!??!?! WHY JUST WHY?!?!?! IDK if I have hated anyone in the game of football like I do bowl cut greasy hair looks like a homeless person kirby! lol I get admiring and respecting someone like urban or saban but kirby?! :[ this hurts me more than you will ever know! lol

If you get admiring saban or urban meyer......then there is no hope for you. Both are cheating,lying scumbags. Kirby is in line for that kind of disdain just by association but he's not quite there yet.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well we won one and played for a second this year.

And I'm not a "Malzahn supporter" as you put it.  I watch football and realize that overall, our program is on a good trajectory.  6 wins, to 8 wins, to 10 wins + a division title over the last three years in the regular season.  I'll take that kind of growth all day.

Go look at Dabo at Clemson and imagine if they fired him as early as some wanted.  And admittedly, I don't think people give Malzahn enough credit for pulling this program back from the depths of 3-9.  There was a lot of house cleaning that needed to be done after the Chizik years.  We're finally on solid ground and I'd like to see where this goes.  If he fails over the next couple of years to win the conference, then we should absolutely be concerned as a fan base.

Malzahn is our mark richt like people have said or a better mike shula. He is the table setter to get our all time great coach that becomes a legend to the promised land quicker than people expected. Malzahn and richt gets you to the game but can never win IT. And Yes the rules change on what IT is. Both won sec titles but I just do not think either have what it takes to win a natty which is what we all want again and again.

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

It goes up and down from year to year. This year AU did not earn the right to swagger. What you don't get.....and what sounds kind of bammerish.....is you think it's a right and not something a team must work for EVERY GAME. Resting on past accomplishments is not enough.  It's been 7 years since AU earned the right to act like they are something that special. There's a lot of work that needs to be done to get that right back. Today was a good example. Everybody acting like AU was too good to lose to UCF when quite clearly that was not true. That kind of swagger will kill a team every time because it's undeserved.

Not everybody. Seems to me fans a margin of fans didn't give a crap about this game. Look like quite a few players didn't either. 

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

We knew the SEC was down this year... we just didn't think it was THIS bad. 

Yep, but we somehow , managed four losses despite winning the West. :slapfh:

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

If you get admiring saban or urban meyer......then there is no hope for you. Both are cheating,lying scumbags. Kirby is in line for that kind of disdain just by association but he's not quite there yet.

I will take a cheating lying scumbag coach if it gets results that those 2 have. We have had enough classy great nice men who are head coaches to last a lifetime who did not flat out win enough games. Lets get a guy who is a a#%^&^e. I know that does not jive with most of our fanbase and our culture but it is what we need. Provided he wins a lot though of course! lol

35 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Well I watched every game all season. Did you? Did you see us dominate in 2nd half scoring due to making adjustments? I sure didnt. I saw us run the same handful of plays over and over, and just dominated poor teams save the Bama and UGA game. 

If you watch closely, you'll see all the top teams run the same plays over and over. It is called a playbook. By years end most add a wrinkle. 

These teams get away with doing so by executing. When executing they win. Not complicated. Smash em in the mouth.

2 hours ago, chimes said:

Every job means something when you are literally paid MILLIONS to do it. You’d better be damn good at what you and give it everything you’ve got every chance you get. 

Exactly! It's not a fricking Pro Bowl game. The logic of saying this game means nothing is simply ridiculous. No the world will not end b/c we lost but to say this game means nothing is crazy! That honestly puts Gus in a worse situation as HC b/c it's saying it's playoffs or bust each year for him? So we basically paid him to show up against UGA and Bama this year? Pssh. 

SO only teams that win a natty that very year are allowed to have swagger as well as the fans? ummm okkkkkkkkkkk. 

Being great allows you that right........dang...is the concept that hard?  Auburn is good but not great. There are a lot of teams as good as AU right now so NO....no right to swagger around like something special until you are. 

In a game full of disappointment, I think I’m more let down by the OL play than anything else. This was not a good D we just played and they just spanked our supposedly highly rated,  Senior laden line. Beat over and over and over again and made them look soft. Not a good look.

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Exactly! It's not a fricking Pro Bowl game. The logic of saying this game means nothing is simply ridiculous. No the world will not end b/c we lost but to say this game means nothing is crazy! That honestly puts Gus in a worse situation as HC b/c it's saying it's playoffs or bust each year for him? So we basically paid him to show up against UGA and Bama this year? Pssh. 

Pretty much. To some fans, that is more than enough.

29 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Did fine against the dawgs game 1 and bama. You think he changed in a month?

I think he’s been intolerably inconsistent. Those highs, the Clemson/ SECCG/ bowl game lows. Make that two straight bowl games where we got whooped at the LOS.

5 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Yep, but we somehow , managed four losses despite winning the West. :slapfh:

Now that's something to have some swagger about right there.

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Being great allows you that right........dang...is the concept that hard?  Auburn is good but not great. There are a lot of teams as good as AU right now so NO....no right to swagger around like something special until you are. 

like clint myers said greatness is a way of life. You got to practice it everyday. Same as swagger.

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

In a game full of disappointment, I think I’m more let down by the OL play than anything else. This was not a good D we just played and they just spanked our supposedly highly rated,  Senior laden line. Beat over and over and over again and made them look soft. Not a good look.

Watching Oklahoma-Georgia game made me realize this statement is more true than I would have thought. Baker Mayfield had ALL DAY to throw. The offensive line is playing incredible football. I'd put less blame on JS and little more on our line.

like clint myers said greatness is a way of life. You got to practice it everyday. Same as swagger.

No it isn't. You don't even get the concept of what you want to argue about. And I wouldn't be quoting Clint Meyers because he certainly didn't practice what he preached. He knows nothing about greatness. 

9 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Where is Rick Trickett? Did he stay at FSU or go to Texas AM.. ?

Their oline sucked the last two years.

6 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Watching Oklahoma-Georgia game made me realize this statement is more true than I would have thought. Baker Mayfield had ALL DAY to throw. The offensive line is playing incredible football. I'd put less blame on JS and little more on our line.

I was worried about the O-line before the season started. Those guys just never completely solidified into a dependable unit.

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I think he’s been intolerably inconsistent. Those highs, the Clemson/ SECCG/ bowl game lows. Make that two straight bowl games where we got whooped at the LOS.

Do you feel this issue is mostly on coaching or is it players losing individual battles? Perhaps both?

If you and I line up opposite each other and you whip me I can't imagine running to coach and saying it is his fault. It was clearly mine right? 

Archived