Official Postgame thread

TAYLORKEETON

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am REALLY excited about softball!!!! So glad we were able to hire a really good coach and keep this program rolling! College baseball is just honestly boring and hard to watch. Butch Thompson seems to be the best recruiter on campus though out of the major sports.

Well.....I strongly disagree....which isn't surprising.  College baseball is just about the only mostly pure college sport left. MLB money has some impact but the rules are structured in such a way that there's not much reason for dark money and back room deals. The love of the game is still there and it's a lot more fun for me. The personnel strategies and pitching are so entertaining. I love a good pitcher's duel. And bammer just doesn't overwhelm everything in baseball. 

Softball is great too and I'm looking forward to the fresh start with a new coach. 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Please, please adjust from that halfback delay to KJ...It takes to long to develop. You are already in the freaking shotgun.

I actually think UCF showed a blueprint for stopping our run game today.  Attack the LOS using different run blitzes.  We looked totally confused on the line.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I'm aware who the coaches are of each team.  None of that disputes my point that bowl games mean nothing for the next season.  It's all about coaching.  Can Gus use this as motivation and get us there?  Don't know.  Jury is out on that one.  It's hard to say "absolutely not" because we were one game away from the playoffs.  But it's also hard to say "of course" because he hasn't cashed in yet.

to quote a very average coach HE EVEN KNEW you play to win the game. I want to win every game and you dang sure know the players and coaches do as well. It is not meaningless. You think the cotton bowl meant nothing to urban when his team went out there and whipped blue blood usc? heck no!!! Every chance you step on the field is a chance to better your program with a win and make it more attractive for recruits. Where is your competitive drive? Every loss stings. I hate losing more than I love winning. I forget the wins but never the losses  and I am just a fan! lol

7 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Did they cancel the postgame press conference? I'm interested to hear what Gus had to say.

No he said something about being SEC West ? and bright future. Consolation despite four losses

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

So you are saying that is wrong....or you don't know and it goes against your preconceived notions?   

Well I watched every game all season. Did you? Did you see us dominate in 2nd half scoring due to making adjustments? I sure didnt. I saw us run the same handful of plays over and over, and just dominated poor teams save the Bama and UGA game. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Well.....I strongly disagree....which isn't surprising.  College baseball is just about the only mostly pure college sport left. MLB money has some impact but the rules are structured in such a way that there's not much reason for dark money and back room deals. The love of the game is still there and it's a lot more fun for me. The personnel strategies and pitching are so entertaining. I love a good pitcher's duel. And bammer just doesn't overwhelm everything in baseball. 

Softball is great too and I'm looking forward to the fresh start with a new coach. 

lol what do you mean not suprising we disagree?!?! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

FYI    Herb Hand's contract ends tonight

.....but Gus called him one of the best in the country

i tried to tell ya'll about hand....its no accident that teams broke records( vandy, penn st., AU )for sacks allowed under him....terrible coach

@aujeff11 bye! lol

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

to quote a very average coach HE EVEN KNEW you play to win the game. I want to win every game and you dang sure know the players and coaches do as well. It is not meaningless. You think the cotton bowl meant nothing to urban when his team went out there and whipped blue blood usc? heck no!!! Every chance you step on the field is a chance to better your program with a win and make it more attractive for recruits. Where is your competitive drive? Every loss stings. I hate losing more than I love winning. I forget the wins but never the losses  and I am just a fan! lol

Wanting to win and realizing that this game means nothing for the overall health of the program are two different things.  I always want AU to win.  But I'm admittedly not one to get pissed about losing a random bowl game when the season is over.  Like I said earlier in the thread, if this was September, I'd be livid because the stakes are much higher.

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Well I watched every game all season. Did you? Did you see us dominate in 2nd half scoring due to making adjustments? I sure didnt. I saw us run the same handful of plays over and over, and just dominated poor teams save the Bama and UGA game. 

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/3rd-quarter-points-per-game

Actually I would say that statistics can be misleading but every time I do one of the stat guys challenges me...:)

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

@WarEagle1983 I was wrong you were right. See what happens when I am nice to gus!!! lol...After sweeping amen corner my argument was we HAVE to pay him because there was no other option. You were very calm and level headed and said no way. Let him walk at the money arky was offering him. You never relented on that. I THOUGHT gus had finally changed!!! He was aggressive he coached with a swagger and was totally different from the guy of the last few years against thuga and bama. He came out swinging both games and our team punched them in the mouth and whooped them. I thought THAT was the guy we were about to marry and give a big contract to. BUT NOPE!!!! he and sexton played us! He is same ol same ol stubborn scared gus! The man changed long enough to get his big payday then reverted back to form. SMH.

lol. Man i HATE i'm right! I honestly want Gus to be the guy for us but he continues to get in his own way. I just think we've seen the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER! And it's just come to a point when do you say enough is enough. Gus gets your hopes up all high just to drop you like a HUGE sack of potatoes! It takes things going very bad for him to decide to change. 

It's year 5 now and i just don't understand how we can expect him to change at this point. I'm seriously prepared for another 4 loss season in 18' if we don't do some serious changes to the offense. JS has work to do but i believe in him. However, JS isn't Cam or Nick! He's looked really good at times but not to the level where he can carry us like Baker from OU. I just don't want to end up like UGA was. At some point, you have to get off the Gus Bus if it's only taking you so far.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Every game matters. We were in a lose lose situation but have to win just to keep status quo. I'm about to make some people mad but our fans don't have championship mentality. The bar is low at Auburn for these most part. Auburn fans love their team and it's great but excellence is judged through orange and blue glasses. 

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I actually think UCF showed a blueprint for stopping our run game today.  Attack the LOS using different run blitzes.  We looked totally confused on the line.

You're not allowed to give UCF any credit here.....

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You don't need a blueprint when you're that predictable. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Every game matters. We were in a lose lose situation but have to win just to keep status quo. I'm about to make some people mad but our fans don't have championship mentality. The bar is low at Auburn for these most part. Auburn fans love their team and it's great but excellence is judged through orange and blue glasses. 

O 100% fam. (btw you are fam for this statement now lol) Our fans have never had that championship mentality in my 28 years. Me and @aujeff11 talk about this all the time! Join the party! lol I think our older fans are the problem. A lot of our younger fans have known only but winning and have more swagger and a killer instinct than God bless and love them my parents and their generation. The barfield years implemented a loser mentality in the fanbase at that time and it still is showing the effects of that today.

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

What adjustments did you see us make? Points per 3rd quarter are meaningless if we are talking about adjustments. Did you see us make play calling adjustments when we ran 17 straight times vs LSU? Did you ever see us make adjustments by attacking the middle of the field? Did you see us make adjustments the second time around vs UGA with a clearly injured KJ? 

Like i said last time, I saw us use the same plays over and over throughout the season. I saw us run it so much in 1st that my 8 year old knew a run was coming on 1st down. Sure there were some adjustments, but to say we dominated strictly because of adjustments is laughable.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

O-Line has talent but they are missing that nasty streak that they had with Grimes, IMO. Herb Hand seems very knowledgeable and I do believe our boys have learned a great deal from him in terms of knowledge, but something is lacking. CLEARLY.

You hit on it. That nasty streak. Had it against the dawgs game 1 and against bama. In those two games they punched them in the mouth, pushed them around, and simply executed. 

12 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Truer words have never been spoken

I will give you that. You are correct, but the difference is while those other guys get pressured every now and then, it isn't happening on every play. Our OL today was flat out whipped on almost every play... and not just by 1 defender. Their entire DL was in our backfield almost every snap. Stidham was almost perfect against Bama and UGA (the first time around) because the line did a great job of blocking. When you have 3 to 5 defenders in the backfield a second or two after the ball is snapped, it's all but impossible to to make anything happen. Cam would of struggled almost as bad with how this OL played today. Guess everyone would be saying the true freshman and the kid who is still in high school should get a shot over Cam next year also? But you are right, some of it was on Stidham. The slips at the start of the game hurt. But in reality, he has just barely played 1 full season. The game will slow down for him and make believers of all the neighsayers.

I hope that we don't have to hear any more talk about Jarrett going to the NFL next year.  Matter of fact, I don't think I saw any Auburn players on the field today that should think about leaving early.  Not a good day for Auburn football.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

O 100% fam. (btw you are fam for this statement now lol) Our fans have never had that championship mentality in my 28 years. Me and @aujeff11 talk about this all the time! Join the party! lol I think our older fans are the problem. A lot of our younger fans have known only but winning and have more swagger and a killer instinct than God bless and love them my parents and their generation. The barfield years implemented a loser mentality in the fanbase at that time and it still is showing the effects of that today.

No doubt! Fam. Lol. 

It's a wolf mentality in the SEC and despite our success under Gus it's still not quite there. 

24 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I disagree here.  Being that its so close to AU and we have a large alumni base in Atlanta, I think it shows a largely apathetic attitude towards this game.  Remember, we only sold about 10k tickets to the Sugar last year too.  Patterns and such.

The game is inside the Atlanta dome again in what will be the second of three straight games in a row so attending isn’t as much of a priority because people’s lives don’t revolve around a football game. People still care about the program though. Saying differently is absurd. 

5 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

This is unfair.  I'll tell you right now that I'm only interested in three trophies every year:  The ODK Foy Trophy, the SEC Championship Trophy, and Nattie.  If it ain't one of those three, it simply doesn't matter. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Do you still think Herb is a good OL coach?

Did fine against the dawgs game 1 and bama. You think he changed in a month?

Archived