Official Postgame thread

TAYLORKEETON

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AU64 said:

At the risk of being called out for saying something negative about JS, he just did not look the part today.....did nothing with his feet, another horrible fumble and some critical interceptions.  Folks can cuss at the coaches all they want in my view, but when the players take the field it is on them to make plays. 

Totally agree 64.

If you watch that pick 6, JS took snap, never took his head or eyes off that 1 WR, NEVER looked off the LB or S in middle of field. He got what he allowed to happen.

He has lost critical fumbles, on the other side of 50 or in the RZ, and he has to protect ball better as a QB...

His last INT...wow, what was he thinking? Trying to throw it away off his back foot? The last thing he can do is turn it over. 

Did he give any interviews after game??

One last important thing.. the OL did NOTHING to help their QB. He had to scramble a lot, and did make some plays that would never have been there if he had not extended the play. But with any run game, it is hard to run your offense on 2nd and 3rd and more than 8+ yards..

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

No doubt! Fam. Lol. 

It's a wolf mentality in the SEC and despite our success under Gus it's still not quite there. 

I THINK if we won in 2013 only 3 years after 2010 the wolf mentality (btw LOVE the bunker reference and shout out!) That our fanbase would of finally accepted being the favorite and embraced being the hunted and not just the cute swell underdog role so many of our fans seem to love.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The game is inside the Atlanta dome again in what will be the second of three straight games in a row so attending isn’t as much of a priority because people’s lives don’t revolve around a football game. People still care about the program though. Saying differently is absurd. 

I never said people don't care about the program.  I said people didn't care about this game.  And ticket sales back me up.  Stop putting words into my mouth.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Did fine against the dawgs game 1 and bama. You think he changed in a month?

Apparently every coach on staff deserves a lifetime contract because we FINALLY managed to beat Georgia and Alabama this year. My goodness y’all...

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This is unfair.  I'll tell you right now that I'm only interested in three trophies every year:  The ODK Foy Trophy, the SEC Championship Trophy, and Nattie.  If it ain't one of those three, it simply doesn't matter. 

Agreed. I lumped fans in there and it was unfair but the overall the general attitude is that. Just think going into into the year there was a thread that described a successful year, almost every one said beat one of the two rivals and at least 9 wins. Gus did exactly that and got a raise and an extension. Those two wins were impressive but it's the mentality that's lacking. We should have an incremental goal every year...SEC West Champ, SEC Champ, playoffs, National Champ. 

It's been proven Auburn can win and go to National Championship games. We can't let up against UCF teams or we give our rivals an edge. I just want a championship mentality. 

I'm hoping we hire a home run AD. 

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This is unfair.  I'll tell you right now that I'm only interested in three trophies every year:  The ODK Foy Trophy, the SEC Championship Trophy, and Nattie.  If it ain't one of those three, it simply doesn't matter. 

If you are only interested in those three then you cannot be a Malzahn supporter.

The Lincoln Riley OU passing offense is what our offense SHOULD look like with the talent of our WR's and a QB who can make all the throws. I think @bigbird always nails it when he says that is the best offense in the country and something gus should try to emulate. Not just with the talent on the field but with the plays he runs. His plays would work for not just a qb who is as talented as baker.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

O 100% fam. (btw you are fam for this statement now lol) Our fans have never had that championship mentality in my 28 years. Me and @aujeff11 talk about this all the time! Join the party! lol I think our older fans are the problem. A lot of our younger fans have known only but winning and have more swagger and a killer instinct than God bless and love them my parents and their generation. The barfield years implemented a loser mentality in the fanbase at that time and it still is showing the effects of that today.

That's somewhat offensive.....

Having perspective is quite different than being OK with losing. The Barfield years were agony and no one was happy about or accepting of being constant losers. If you believe that you are really really clueless.  Gus hasn't brought that kind of misery to AU but he had caused a lot of frustration. What I find disturbing are those fans who are livid about losing a football game in such a highly personal way.  All the online tantrums .......

Choosing to not over react is not a lack of caring. It is a gaining of perspective. Swagger is unattractive with nothing to back it up. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The Lincoln Riley OU passing offense is what our offense SHOULD look like with the talent of our WR's and a QB who can make all the throws. I think @bigbird always nails it when he says that is the best offense in the country and something gus should try to emulate. Not just with the talent on the field but with the plays he runs. His plays would work for not just a qb who is as talented as baker.

Absolutely....but Gus is not going to emulate anyone. He is stubborn like that.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Having perspective is quite different than being OK with losing. The Barfield years were agony and no one was happy about or accepting of being constant losers. If you believe that you are really really clueless.  Gus hasn't brought that kind of misery to AU but he had caused a lot of frustration. What I find disturbing are those fans who are livid about losing a football game in such a highly personal way.  All the online tantrums .......

Choosing to not over react is not a lack of caring. It is a gaining of perspective. Swagger is unattractive with nothing to back it up. 

Auburn has plenty of accomplishments to back up the swagger yet some of our fans still act like we are some little cute underdog upstart program like south carolina or something.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Got to have pretty dang good QB play as well. Lincoln is calling a hell of a game. I liked my boy KS response though. Took responsibility for it. I am thinking UGA will respond.

54 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Really?  Then why didn't AU sell out its ticket allotment?   Why did it look like there were infinitely more UCF fans than AU fans there, despite it being 90 miles from campus?

Reality 

Just now, DAG said:

Got to have pretty dang good QB play as well. Lincoln is calling a hell of a game. I liked my boy KS response though. Took responsibility for it. I am thinking UGA will respond.

YOUR BOY!?!?!?!!??!?! WHY JUST WHY?!?!?! IDK if I have hated anyone in the game of football like I do bowl cut greasy hair looks like a homeless person kirby! lol I get admiring and respecting someone like urban or saban but kirby?! :[ this hurts me more than you will ever know! lol

3 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

Absolutely....but Gus is not going to emulate anyone. He is stubborn like that.

He could be a great coach but you nailed it. He is to stubborn to change.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

YOUR BOY!?!?!?!!??!?! WHY JUST WHY?!?!?! IDK if I have hated anyone in the game of football like I do bowl cut greasy hair looks like a homeless person kirby! lol I get admiring and respecting someone like urban or saban but kirby?! :[ this hurts me more than you will ever know! lol

LMAO. I had to get you started.

9 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Agreed. I lumped fans in there and it was unfair but the overall the general attitude is that. Just think going into into the year there was a thread that described a successful year, almost every one said beat one of the two rivals and at least 9 wins. Gus did exactly that and got a raise and an extension. Those two wins were impressive but it's the mentality that's lacking. We should have an incremental goal every year...SEC West Champ, SEC Champ, playoffs, National Champ. 

It's been proven Auburn can win and go to National Championship games. We can't let up against UCF teams or we give our rivals an edge. I just want a championship mentality. 

I'm hoping we get back home run AD. 

That's fair.  I'm on record as saying all I really want is a chance to play for championships in November.  I think it's unreasonable to expect to win the West every year, but it's not unreasonable to expect to compete for it every year.  We should expect to be in Atlanta once every 3 or so years, at least.  We should expect to make playoff appearances with some regularity.

I look at it like the pros.  The first goal should always be win the division.  Then after that, you shift your goals to loftier expectations.  Going into next season, defending the West title should be our primary objective.  Trust me, I would LOVE to be the team that embraces a "four horsemen"-esque attitude.  Embrace the hate and expect to win.  If you don't like that we win so much, too damn bad.

Question for any insiders here.  Do we spend too much time in bowl practice with younger guys and not enough preparing for the bowl opponent?  Essentially turning bowl practice into pre-spring practice?  The only area I saw today where we improved was kick off coverage.  Everywhere else our execution was horrible.

6 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

At least we'll beat UCF in the recruiting rankings, because that's what really matters...

Love this 

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I disagree I think Stidham had a fantastic day considering how much pressure he was under.  They out played us it’s really that simple

Have to say that might have been the Worst game he played all year.   Blocking was terrible from the start but interceptions was really bad plus fumble.  

To me their were glaring differences in coaching.   

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You said it. Agreed.

But... But.....Serious question, did fans and administration overreact and give Gus an extension despite only beating rivals once in four years. I mean we rushed the field against Alabama, the Iron bowl. 

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Are you comparing JS with BM?    maybe I'm missing something but almost no comparison best I can tell in their level of football awareness.  Again...accepting that JS is still relatively young and he might get there one day.....hope so. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

You said it. Agreed.

But... But.....Serious question, did fans and administration overreact and give Gus an extension despite only beating rivals once in four years. I mean we rushed the field against Alabama, the Iron bowl. 

bad randman BAD BAD!!!! lol we have plenty of accomplishments in our history to warrant this swagger! Heck we have more than georgia and they  act like alabama fans without any of the accomplishments! fake it till you make it I guess! haha

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Auburn has plenty of accomplishments to back up the swagger yet some of our fans still act like we are some little cute underdog upstart program like south carolina or something.

It goes up and down from year to year. This year AU did not earn the right to swagger. What you don't get.....and what sounds kind of bammerish.....is you think it's a right and not something a team must work for EVERY GAME. Resting on past accomplishments is not enough.  It's been 7 years since AU earned the right to act like they are something that special. There's a lot of work that needs to be done to get that right back. Today was a good example. Everybody acting like AU was too good to lose to UCF when quite clearly that was not true. That kind of swagger will kill a team every time because it's undeserved.

Archived