2019 4* RB Noah Cain (Penn St.)

Zeek

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Wonder how Cain feels about LSU now since John Emery Jr. just got several (8) crystal balls for them and that is a huge switch from Miss St. 

Won’t matter for now. Cain is dead set on not committing anywhere til December now.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SB Nation: 4-star RB recruit Noah Cain says Penn State has made a big move.  I don't like the looks of it... But December is a good ways away.

4-star RB recruit Noah Cain says Penn State has made a big move

Cain says that he is closely monitoring Texas’ offensive line play this season

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

That article definitely didn't sound good for us. Will paste it into Biggie's post.

It was the O line stuff you didn't like, wasn't it...

Just reading the tea leaves, I've kinda already bid this guy a silent farewell. Whoops. Not silent anymore I guess. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Just reading the tea leaves, I've kinda already bid this guy a silent farewell. Whoops. Not silent anymore I guess. 

See highlighted part.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

For me it was more about the pro style offense and not the no huddle.

2 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Yeah, I just skimmed it at first and saw "o-line" "o-line" "o-line" and thought, oh boy, whatever he's talking about, it probably isn't super positive for us.

But it just seems like that ship sailed awhile ago, whether he or our stuff knew it or not. 

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, I just skimmed it at first and saw "o-line" "o-line" "o-line" and thought, oh boy, whatever he's talking about, it probably isn't super positive for us.

But it just seems like that ship sailed awhile ago, whether he or our stuff knew it or not. 

Our staff is still trying hard on him & think if Emery picks LSU we will have a descent chance with Cain since LSU will already have 2 RBs committed. Not sure I agree with the staff but there it is.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure I agree with the staff but there it is.

Lol this is my motto.

Jk, only some of the time.

If Emery goes to LSU and he wants to see OL production/development at Texas... I feel good about our position in this race. 

2 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

If Emery goes to LSU and he wants to see OL production/development at Texas... I feel good about our position in this race. 

He also mentioned Penn St & Ohio St more than AU. I think we need more than Emery to LSU & bad Texas OL play to land him IMO.

Cain is obviously thinking ahead which is smart of any teenager to do so. He should be more worried about other things such as RB utilization, RB responsibilities, depth charts, and program stability than making decisions based on OL schemes. We spread out the defenders and we churn out 1000 yard rushers like that’s our only damn job. That’s all that any RB can ask for.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

That's what is confusing to me. Everybody knows that we run a HUNH and not a pro offense. Why did he give the coaches so much time knowing that ahead of time and did the coaches know he was looking at that? :dunno:

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

That is interesting to me too considering we have a commit on the Oline from one of his teammates...  

He should probably start worrying about his own production in summer camps and next season after seeing how far he dropped in player ratings! 

1 hour ago, WaynesAUworld said:

That's what is confusing to me. Everybody knows that we run a HUNH and not a pro offense. Why did he give the coaches so much time knowing that ahead of time and did the coaches know he was looking at that? :dunno:

His above comments sound like he's parroting things he was told on a recent visit/contact with Penn State or some similar team with a pro offense.

So basically a pro style offense? Because if you can run, you can run. The line shouldn’t have to adapt to your running style. Sounds like Le’veon bell Jr but that is just me in my feelings since I am assuming he is throwing subs at us. 

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

The line shouldn’t have to adapt to your running style.

He wasn't asking the OL to adapt to him. He just said one of the things he looking at is an OL who already fits his style.

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

he is throwing subs at us. 

?

1 hour ago, toddc said:

He should probably start worrying about his own production in summer camps and next season after seeing how far he dropped in player ratings! 

Summer camps are virtually meaningless for RBs. There is very little simulation to a real game & little you can take over from those events to actual games. I'm sure he is focused on his SR season. Lastly if he chooses to be smart he ain't going to pay 1 damn bit attention about a ratings drop.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He wasn't asking the OL to adapt to him. He just said one of the things he looking at is an OL who already fits his style.

?

I am confused...he specifically said that schools like LSU, Penn state, etc are still in the mix because their offensive line fits his style. Now, we don’t run the offensive sets they run so virtually he eliminated us unless we adapt.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am confused...he specifically said that schools like LSU, Penn state, etc are still in the mix because their offensive line fits his style. Now, we don’t run the offensive sets they run so virtually he eliminated us unless we adapt.

Well you gotta remember a college student wrote the article. He could have easily butchered what Cain said or intended or focused on one element & blow it out of proportion. Plus it's Bleecher Report. Their track record ain't good & that's over selling them quite a bit.

Also you didn't answer my ? on your throwing subs at us comment. What do you mean?

Just now, ellitor said:

Well you gotta remember a college student wrote the article. He could have easily butchered what Cain said or intended or focused on one element & blow it out of proportion. Plus it's Bleecher Report. Their track record ain't good & that's over selling them quite a bit.

Also you didn't answer my ? on your throwing subs at us comment. What do you mean?

True point . 

Oh haha throwing subliminals at are offensive line since it is more no huddle than anything . 

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Summer camps are virtually meaningless for RBs. There is very little simulation to a real game & little you can take over from those events to actual games. I'm sure he is focused on his SR season. Lastly if he chooses to be smart he ain't going to pay 1 damn bit attention about a ratings drop.

“Covered in the Updated 247 rankings thread. He was out shined by a number of RBs at camps thisSummer. “

Your response to why his ratings dropped so far down. I guess I was remembering this when I posted above.

Archived