CNN's Sanjay Gupta: President Trump "Borderline Obese," Heart Attack Likely Within 3-5 Years

Auburn85

I can see a silver lining to this s***-show...  we will get to ask how much Oprah weighs now when she runs. . ..and I bet it is more than Trump.....and you wonder why he wouldn't share his tax returns....which of course I am sure you will all insist Oprah do....in the interest of consistency of your convictions of course...

On 1/20/2018 at 10:26 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

In person he doesn't look it. No doubt in pictures he does.

In person for someone like you or me, he's always in a suit.  Suits generally hide weight better than most other kinds of clothing.  But khakis and a polo shirt not so much.

20 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

In person for someone like you or me, he's always in a suit.  Suits generally hide weight better than most other kinds of clothing.  But khakis and a polo shirt not so much.

What is the saying - the camera adds about 50 pounds?

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

What is the saying - the camera adds about 50 pounds?

Or a suit hides about that much.

The thing is, I don't really care what Trump weighs.  Like, at all.  But I find it sort of funny that he feels the need to lie about it.  Fragile ego.

20 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Or a suit hides about that much.

The thing is, I don't really care what Trump weighs.  Like, at all.  But I find it sort of funny that he feels the need to lie about it.  Fragile ego.

Eh, I wouldn't put it past the media to "inflate" him in pictures. I also think that seeing someone in person, suit or no suit, informs the eyes mores of one's eight weight than opposed to seeing photos - especially true for such controversial public figures (no pun intended). Oh well. 

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Eh, I wouldn't put it past the media to "inflate" him in pictures. I also think that seeing someone in person, suit or no suit, informs the eyes mores of one's eight weight than opposed to seeing photos - especially true for such controversial public figures (no pun intended). Oh well. 

It would be fairly easy to refute a doctored photo putting 20+ pounds on him.  Occam's Razor applies here - the simplest answer is usually correct.  Rather than theorizing about photos gamed to add pounds to him, it's more likely that the golfing photo is accurate.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

It would be fairly easy to refute a doctored photo putting 20+ pounds on him.  Occam's Razor applies here - the simplest answer is usually correct.  Rather than theorizing about photos gamed to add pounds to him, it's more likely that the golfing photo is accurate.

And debating the picture based on seeing him in person is inaccurate? 

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

And debating the picture based on seeing him in person is inaccurate? 

Did you see him in person in the same type of clothing? 

Honestly, you're being excessively pedantic without taking into account the discussion up to this point.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Did you see him in person in the same type of clothing? 

Honestly, you're being excessively pedantic without taking into account the discussion up to this point.

I asked a question. Sorry. 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

I asked a question. Sorry. 

And that's fine.  But shouldn't you ask questions that are informed by things that have already been said on the subject?

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And that's fine.  But shouldn't you ask questions that are informed by things that have already been said on the subject?

I asked a question in direct response to something you said

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

I asked a question in direct response to something you said

Yes, that failed to take into account things I'd also said already in this thread.

On 1/23/2018 at 9:34 AM, TitanTiger said:

Yes, that failed to take into account things I'd also said already in this thread.

That doesn't really change what you said though. You're statement wasn't ambiguous and lacking clarity. Or rather, my question didn't evidence a lack of context. You made the direct statement that I responded to. But as you wish, in light of the entire discussion, will you answer it?

19 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

That doesn't really change what you said though. You're statement wasn't ambiguous and lacking clarity. Or rather, my question didn't evidence a lack of context. You made the direct statement that I responded to. But as you wish, in light of the entire discussion, will you answer it?

What is the question again?  If it's " And debating the picture based on seeing him in person is inaccurate?", then my response would be the same as before:

If you saw him in person, you most likely saw him in a suit because it's virtually all he ever wears in public.  A man looks much different in a suit than he does in more casual attire.  Casual attire such as a golf shirt and khakis doesn't hide weight the way a well-fitted suit does.  So, yes, I would say that seeing him in person more than likely is less reliable for the aforementioned reasons than seeing a photo of him in a shirt and pants that can't hide the weight.

On 1/23/2018 at 9:21 AM, TitanTiger said:

I believe Occam's Razor would say we just take the Dr at his word....like everyone did for the last 2 presidents....

5 hours ago, japantiger said:

I believe Occam's Razor would say we just take the Dr at his word....like everyone did for the last 2 presidents....

You believe a lot of things. 

10 hours ago, japantiger said:

I bet PT was invited to Davos. We will ask him how big President Trump looks when he checks in.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

I bet PT was invited to Davos. We will ask him how big President Trump looks when he checks in.

I asked if I could weigh him and he said I was fired:-\

Archived