Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

Found this clip on wrestletalk. Fire and Desire are one of my faves.  It's really just a training video but got several interesting nuggets regarding the wrestling life within the first few minutes before they start the training.  One of my favorite tidbits from the video is discovering they actually try out doughnut shops in the cities they are in to find the best,  and the best doughnut for them was Meches doughnuts right here in Lafayette La!. I do have to agree they ate very popular.  Have had many myself. 

@GwillMac6 so he can watch some if his favorite girls :)

Warning: It does have language in the video.

Edited by AUBwins
  • Haha 1

Rumble tonight in Houston! Biggest suspense is whether Ronda comes back.  Reports are she was not at Rumble practice.  Becky last year "entered herself" in the Rumble.  We all know who she's coming after, Becky. At least that is the most obvious angle.  I would like to see it incorporate Shayna as well.  I could see 2 things that would Pop! First, the more common scenario would be for Ronda to somehow enter at the end as 30 or something with Shayna about to win it.  Another would be for Shayna to pull it off only for Ronda show up and attack Shayna afterwards (with a new finishing move? ). They would then feud for the next month put that Wrestlemania slot on the line.  I don't think they would do a triple threat this time.  Of course they could have Ronda show up during Becky's title match but that would be the least luster. What surprises do you want to see? 

@bigbird Going to the Rumble?  A coworker of mine in Houston is going despite not watching wrestling in years.  

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Rumble tonight in Houston! Biggest suspense is whether Ronda comes back.  Reports are she was not at Rumble practice.  Becky last year "entered herself" in the Rumble.  We all know who she's coming after, Becky. At least that is the most obvious angle.  I would like to see it incorporate Shayna as well.  I could see 2 things that would Pop! First, the more common scenario would be for Ronda to somehow enter at the end as 30 or something with Shayna about to win it.  Another would be for Shayna to pull it off only for Ronda show up and attack Shayna afterwards (with a new finishing move? ). They would then feud for the next month put that Wrestlemania slot on the line.  I don't think they would do a triple threat this time.  Of course they could have Ronda show up during Becky's title match but that would be the least luster. What surprises do you want to see? 

@bigbird Going to the Rumble?  A coworker of mine in Houston is going despite not watching wrestling in years.  

Didn't even know it was going to be here

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Didn't even know it was going to be here

Yep in Minute Maid.  If we hear the loud bangs it's likely just Mick Foley. Wrestling moves are universally tipped.  😁

• Haha 1

DIY vs Mustache Mountain was incredibly entertaining at NXT Worlds Collide. Worth the watch. Wow. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

@GwillMac6 your Queen is back!. That is all. :bow:

I wanted to give it at least a day to breathe because of the Kobe and his daughter tragic news. But yes!!! That was wildly unexpected from where I sat. I thought Bazler was def going to win! My favorite Rumble ever because I FINALLY had a favorite of mine win the rumble AND at least from my point of view both were unexpected. I expected Roman to win the Mens Rumble as well!!! Both matches were excellent. The Brock spots were so well laid out and done! They told a great story.

33 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

@GwillMac6 your Queen is back!. That is all. :bow:

JUST PLEASE NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BECKY VS CHARLOTTE!!!!!!!!! PLEASE GOD NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!! NO MORE!!! NO MORE!!!!! SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!! lol. 

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

JUST PLEASE NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BECKY VS CHARLOTTE!!!!!!!!! PLEASE GOD NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!! NO MORE!!! NO MORE!!!!! SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!! lol. 

Don't think they will.  They want to finish Becky's story. That's why the desperately wanted Ronda back.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I wanted to give it at least a day to breathe because of the Kobe and his daughter tragic news. But yes!!! That was wildly unexpected from where I sat. I thought Bazler was def going to win! My favorite Rumble ever because I FINALLY had a favorite of mine win the rumble AND at least from my point of view both were unexpected. I expected Roman to win the Mens Rumble as well!!! Both matches were excellent. The Brock spots were so well laid out and done! They told a great story.

Agreed the winners were unexpected.  I did think that Drew was a contender but the way they methodically played it out was definitely great.  Dude, Edge was so much fun.  Brock's facial expressions added a lot.  Loved the reaction he had with Keith Lee.  Loved the constant stare from Drew to Brock. Just a great match as it went on. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Don't think they will.  They want to finish Becky's story. That's why the desperately wanted Ronda back.  

As long as that story DOES NOT involve Charlotte have at it!!! hahaha.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Thanks 1

Andrade been partying too much with his future father in law lately!!!! lol

Edited by GwillMac6

14 hours ago, AUBwins said:

And personally I hope BiancaBelair wins at Takeover: Portland and Charlotte faces her for the NXT Title at Mania. DREAM MATCH FOR MUHHHHHHH!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6

42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And personally I hope Biance Belair wins at Takeover: Portland and Charlotte faces her for the NXT Title at Mania. DREAM MATCH FOR MUHHHHHHH!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

That would be a fantastic twist. Can you imagine Charlotte back in NXT for a year while Shayna is on Raw?

• Love 1

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

That would be a fantastic twist. Can you imagine Charlotte back in NXT for a year while Shayna is on Raw?

It would be a much much needed welcoming change!!! WOOOOOOO!!! Hope it happens fammy!!!

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

And personally I hope Biance Belair wins at Takeover: Portland and Charlotte faces her for the NXT Title at Mania. DREAM MATCH FOR MUHHHHHHH!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Charlotte vs Rhea makes more sense.  They had an interaction back at Survivor Series you could build on.  But I also think Charlotte may go after the tag titles in a twist.

Also, I have AEW tickets in a few weeks here in Austin.  Can't wait!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Charlotte vs Rhea makes more sense.  They had an interaction back at Survivor Series you could build on.  But I also think Charlotte may go after the tag titles in a twist.

I want Charlotte so badly to go to AEW so she can take her rightful spot at the top of the division. 

That's awesome!!! Let us know all about it.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I want Charlotte so badly to go to AEW so she can take her rightful spot at the top of the division. 

That's awesome!!! Let us know all about it.

Me too. Can you imagine Charlotte Vs Tessa Blanchard in a main event?!

Edited by AUBwins
I know Tessa is not in AEW .... yet! :)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

1A206DA7-4A37-49A5-B213-92E64B76AFF3.gif

• Haha 1

AEW is coming to Huntsville Wednesday and I’ve got to be in Charlotte for a business trip 🤮.  

I’ll be shocked if Drew doesn’t take out Brock at Mania.  I don’t understand the point of him winning Rumble if he’s not getting the belt at least for a little while.  

The Man’s days have to be numbered.  She needs to lose so she can come back with a chip on her shoulder.  

Fiend and Reigns could go either way.  I could see Reigns climbing back to the top spot but a long Fiend run would be great.  

Wish the WWE would do something with the tag division except 6 man tag matches.  I miss the days of real teams like Demolition, Hart Foundation, Rockers etc.  

I would love to see Ziggler and KO get better pushes or head to AEW.  They are the best mic men WWE has and they get nothing but B storylines lately. 

edit to say Monday Night Messiah is a terrible name.

Edited by Win4AU

🙌👏

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Great shows this week for AEW. Just great storytelling.  The Cody lashes touched on all the emotions, which made for great character building.  

Dang I wish I could go to Austin next week like someone else we know @Brad_ATX 🙂

There are going to be some great matches.  A couple of title bouts,  and a potential show stealer in Santana vs Moxley.  Holy crap what a promo by Santana this week. 

Just need that showstopping woman wrestler to lead that division to new heights!

Edited by AUBwins
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Great shows this week for AEW. Just great storytelling.  The Cody lashes touched on all the emotions, which made for great character building.  

Dang I wish I could go to Austin next week like someone else we know @Brad_ATX 🙂

There are going to be some great matches.  A couple of title bouts,  and a potential show stealer in Santana vs Moxley.  Holy crap what a promo by Santana this week. 

Just need that showstopping woman wrestler to lead that division to new heights!

I'm so giddy for this week.  Going to see #1 Baylor Monday night for hoops and then AEW Wednesday.  Good times to be had!

And yeah, this episode should be good.  I expect Dustin Rhodes to get a match too since this is his hometown.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm so giddy for this week.  Going to see #1 Baylor Monday night for hoops and then AEW Wednesday.  Good times to be had!

And yeah, this episode should be good.  I expect Dustin Rhodes to get a match too since this is his hometown.

I would think MJF would make the most sense for an opponent, but do you think Wardlow will get his feet a little wet before the cage match with Cody? They could easily play up the Dustin angle with the lashings this week. 

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I would think MJF would make the most sense for an opponent, but do you think Wardlow will get his feet a little wet before the cage match with Cody? They could easily play up the Dustin angle with the lashings this week. 

Would make tons of sense