Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Gonna be so weird

How is Double or Nothing looking for you? Saw something recently they may have lost the arena for it. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

How is Double or Nothing looking for you? Saw something recently they may have lost the arena for it. 

The arena is closed for now since it's an MGM property.  We won't know for sure until early April at best is my guess.

I can get the points back for my flight, so no biggie.  Now getting a hotel refund may be tougher.  Already had to cancel vacation next month to Oregon.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

The arena is closed for now since it's an MGM property.  We won't know for sure until early April at best is my guess.

I can get the points back for my flight, so no biggie.  Now getting a hotel refund may be tougher.  Already had to cancel vacation next month to Oregon.

Yea that stinks. Wouldn’t want to be anywhere near Washington state at the moment. I say that but Louisiana is turning pretty bad ourselves with the cases

AEW was smart with their presentation tonight. They flipped the viewing area to show the entrance ramp as the back drop. They have several other wrestlers spread out as fans rooting for one side or the other. Much better than watching Stone Cold chug beers by himself. 

Top it off with Orange Cassidy on commentary 🤣

Edited by AUBwins

AEW put on a good show tonight. Exceeded my expectations. 

Brodie Lee debuted as The Exalted One.

Matt Hardy to join The Elite (Omega, Page, Matt Jackson and Cody) when they take on The Inner Circle in the Blood and Guts Match.

AEW did an outstanding job with the way they handled the debut of Brodie Lee and Matt Hardy.

And the vignette on Lance Archer was well done.

During the broadcast it seemed JR, Excalibur and Taz were open ended on when the next Dynamite would take place. 

Edited by Paladin
  • Love 1

I enjoyed when Brodie Lee said "you're not the first out of touch old man not to believe in me". Had to be the line of the night.

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

AEW put on a good show tonight. Exceeded my expectations. 

Brodie Lee debuted as The Exalted One.

Matt Hardy to join The Elite (Omega, Page, Matt Jackson and Cody) when they take on The Inner Circle in the Blood and Guts Match.

AEW did an outstanding job with the way they handled the debut of Brodie Lee and Matt Hardy.

And the vignette on Lance Archer was well done.

During the broadcast it seemed JR, Excalibur and Taz were open ended on when the next Dynamite would take place. 

Agree with everything you said. At times, i forgot there was no crowd. Kudos to that achievement. When Brodie came out, I was surprised. I was then thinking, what would Matt do and maybe he’s not coming. None of the new guys went where I thought they would, which is refreshing in its own right. 
 I would not be surprised if Dynamite is postponed until they can be with a live audience again. They wanted to get these storylines in with the reveals. Glad they did. That was fun. 

Plenty of comedic moments as well. Favorite was Best Friends stopping before the hug to bump elbows lol. 

• Like 1

Holding off on Blood and Guts but will continue with live wrestling on Wednesday Night. Great call by Tony Kahn and All Elite Wrestling.

Edited by Paladin
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

What do WWE fans think of WrestleMania being taped and shown over two nights?

With no live audience anyways, taping makes sense. Curious if they try to dress up the arena. I think it would benefit them to cover the seats as the backdrop like they do in big arenas. Maybe with a big wrestle mania logo etc. 

Ole Anderson turning on Dusty Rhodes in The Omni, July 1980. Possibly the greatest angle in the history of professional wrestling. The heel promo by Ole is epic. A must watch.

Edited by Paladin

Matt Hardy has found his playground in AEW. Gonna be fun.  AEW continues to entertain.  Some good action in the ring as well.  Snake with more killer promo work. Brodie Lee with a good debut.  

• Like 1

Word is Roman Reigns has pulled ot of Wrestlemania, not risking traveling due to his previous bouts with Leukemia and this virus.  Good choice for him. I think it's the perfect time for Matt Riddle to challenge Goldberg in a non title match.  I could see him coming out and say,  "Bro,  let's do this.  Bro hammer vs Jackhammer" Goldberg wins but puts Riddle over in the process. They already have storyline, could happen fast and it allows the surprise of another NXT star challenging a WWE star. I want this bad since the timing is perfect. 

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Word is Roman Reigns has pulled ot of Wrestlemania, not risking traveling due to his previous bouts with Leukemia and this virus.  Good choice for him. I think it's the perfect time for Matt Riddle to challenge Goldberg in a non title match.  I could see him coming out and say,  "Bro,  let's do this.  Bro hammer vs Jackhammer" Goldberg wins but puts Riddle over in the process. They already have storyline, could happen fast and it allows the surprise of another NXT star challenging a WWE star. I want this bad since the timing is perfect. 

Dave Meltzer saying Braun Strowman is the replacement. I'm not a fan of the promotion so I don't know who that is.

Edited by Paladin

Has the WWE put Nakamura over yet? 

No? 

OK bye. 

29 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No? 

OK bye. 

He will probably be in AEW before it’s over with. 

5 hours ago, Paladin said:

Dave Meltzer saying Braun Strowman is the replacement. I'm not a fan of the promotion so I don't know who that is.

While I can see it, should have been Riddle, which is why WWE isn’t too creative these days. Think outside the box a bit. 

whatcha think @GwillMac6, should we have The Bro show?

Edited by AUBwins

5 hours ago, Paladin said:

He is their big man. Probably means Goldberg wins, since they refuse to give Stroman the main title

Edited by AUBwins
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

No? 

OK bye. 

I mean he did win the rumble a couple of years ago. That's a big freaking deal. The reality is he is 40 or close to it. He came to WWE to cash out for that one big Payday.

Edited by GwillMac6

6 hours ago, Paladin said:

Lol what your not a fan of the promotion??? So WWE??? K. I mean I didn't know it was at that level of seriousness like in the Monday night wars days where people were picking sides!! Haha. Wrasslin is wrasslin. WWE and AEW plus NXT I'm a fan of. 

Edited by GwillMac6

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

While I can see it, should have been Riddle, which is why WWE isn’t too creative these days. Think outside the box a bit. 

whatcha think @GwillMac6, should we have The Bro show?

They should of never given the belt to Goldberg in the first place. I absolutely detest that dude. I hate his attitude towards the business and how he has no love for it and is just a mercenary and always has been. He also has the personality of a wet paper towel hahaha. His talking ability is somehow even worse than his wrestling. He couldn't wrestle in his "prime" but yah sure let's have him in a Marquee match at mania that won't last longer than Tim tebow did on his wedding night!!!! LMAO 😭😂🤣. Rant not over. Just hitting pause until I see the 54 year old man beat the absolute Boulder of a beast in strowman and I will lose my ish again!!!!! Lol

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

They should of never given the belt to Goldberg in the first place. I absolutely detest that dude. I hate his attitude towards the business and how he has no love for it and is just a mercenary and always has been. He also has the personality of a wet paper towel hahaha. His talking ability is somehow even worse than his wrestling. He couldn't wrestle in his "prime" but yah sure let's have him in a Marquee match at mania that won't last longer than Tim tebow did on his wedding night!!!! LMAO 😭😂🤣. Rant not over. Just hitting pause until I see the 54 year old man beat the absolute Boulder of a beast in strowman and I will lose my ish again!!!!! Lol

<grew up in the midst of the Monday Night Wars

Ah, come on. Goldberg in his heyday was the man. Everyone loved watching him squash people!

Toward the end, Goldberg was one of the few things the WCW had going for it, and they screwed it up, not him.

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I mean he did win the rumble a couple of years ago. That's a big freaking deal. The reality is he is 40 or close to it. He came to WWE to cash out for that one big Payday.

Eh they've been misusing him for years. 

Not like that's anything new. WWE has never known what to do with Japanese wrestlers.