The Vatican on the Schiavo Case

RadioWryn

This is kind of an odd statement. Does this not take on the ultimate act of faith. The decision IS in God's hands. Just like manna from heaven for the Israelites, he can sustain her life without a feeding tube if it is his will. I now see that the Vaticans faith is a little weaker. GET A LIVING WILL. There are people out there like her parents, whose whole reason for you living is not your peace, but theirs. My wife has told me over and over again, if she is in any way trapped inside her body, let the body go.

And I am very disappointed with the president and the republicans trying to make this into a pro-life issue. This is a state issue and has been decided as such. Do not let your loved one's suffer for your own peace...EVER.

152079[/snapback]

But, what if His will is carried out by the doctors and nurses who invented the feeding tube and inserted it? Manna for thought!

152087[/snapback]

That argument can be spun very easily in either direction. How do we know the judge isn't carrying out God's will. How do we know the doctors who are suggesting removal of the tube aren't carrying out God's will?

152454[/snapback]

Very good, tiger88! This is the danger, and foolishness, of trying to assign "God's will" to things. My other slightly more subtle point was a jab at those who always seem to think that God's will must be accompanied by incredible miracles, like a person who is diagnosed with multiple lung tumors and two days later...they're completely gone!!! It's not that I doubt God's power, I'm just jaded and think that someone probably mismarked the chest x-rays with the wrong name. I'm more likely to see God's will in the little kid chanting "cheaters never prosper" as he skips by the guy holding his fraudulent tax returns!!! But, that's just me.

Terri is purposefully interactive, alert, curious, lovely young woman who lives with a very serious disability. 

Alert? Purposefully interactive? I feel sorry for the family, but they are deluding themselves.

This is kind of an odd statement. Does this not take on the ultimate act of faith. The decision IS in God's hands. Just like manna from heaven for the Israelites, he can sustain her life without a feeding tube if it is his will. I now see that the Vaticans faith is a little weaker. GET A LIVING WILL. There are people out there like her parents, whose whole reason for you living is not your peace, but theirs. My wife has told me over and over again, if she is in any way trapped inside her body, let the body go.

And I am very disappointed with the president and the republicans trying to make this into a pro-life issue. This is a state issue and has been decided as such. Do not let your loved one's suffer for your own peace...EVER.

152079[/snapback]

But, what if His will is carried out by the doctors and nurses who invented the feeding tube and inserted it? Manna for thought!

152087[/snapback]

That argument can be spun very easily in either direction. How do we know the judge isn't carrying out God's will. How do we know the doctors who are suggesting removal of the tube aren't carrying out God's will?

152454[/snapback]

Very good, tiger88! This is the danger, and foolishness, of trying to assign "God's will" to things. My other slightly more subtle point was a jab at those who always seem to think that God's will must be accompanied by incredible miracles, like a person who is diagnosed with multiple lung tumors and two days later...they're completely gone!!! It's not that I doubt God's power, I'm just jade and think that someone probably mismarked the chest x-rays with the wrong name. I'm more likely to see God's will in the little kid chanting "cheaters never prosper" as he skips by the guy holding his fraudulent tax returns!!! But, that's just me.

152459[/snapback]

I think God pretty much left things to run on their own. Not saying he never meddles, but I don't think he does much if any. (Hope no ones offended by calling God a he) I think God's will is a bit of a mystery at this point although many groups have tried to pinpoint it.

Terri is purposefully interactive, alert, curious, lovely young woman who lives with a very serious disability. 

Alert? Purposefully interactive? I feel sorry for the family, but they are deluding themselves.

152462[/snapback]

Thats the way I lean, but who knows for 100% sure?

152462[/snapback]

Thats the way I lean, but who knows for 100% sure?

152468[/snapback]

No one. But I think the great weight of unbiased medical opinion would agree.

Archived