The results are in...LSU fans really hate us!

AUHansel

was browsing on tigerforums and saw this thread

Link

they really hate us bad...the poll isn't even close. It's sort of funny because they are our third biggest rival.

Also interesting to me is how little Alabama ranks as a hated team...

A clear indication of how far UAT has fallen from the days when everyone hated them--if they're not serious competition, there's not so much to hate.

(Except of course from us Auburn fans who have a genetic disposition toward always hating 'em :big: )

because were their only competition in the west. The others are cupcakes like State, Ole Piss, and of coarse bama :D

What else is new. I don't understand the hatred from the Bayou Bengals at all, maybe because we were the only team that gave them trouble under Saint Nick? Over on tigerdroppings.com most of them hate Auburn with a passion and they bring up the same things over and over again, Cigar game in 99 or the team stomping on their logo in 01, they need to move on. I really like the LSU/AU rivalry, the 96 game was my first Auburn game and 03 was my first road game so LSU figures pretty heavily into my memories.

P.S. Who else loved that over the shoulder lob to Duval in 1999? :big:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Who cares what those bass ackward coondogs think? I lived near Fort Polk, Louisiana for three years when I was on active duty and I can tell you, those people (and I use the term loosely) don't think like you and I. That state is like its own little country. As much as I love visiting New Orleans, I would never want to live in that state again.

In my eyes, they will never be as big a rival as Alabama, Georgia, Florida or Tennessee. The best thing to comeout of LA is I-10.

Is it just me, or did the Auburn/LSU rivalry go from good to great in September, 1994 - when LSU's Jamie Howard kept trying to throw passes on third down. 5 fourth quarter picks, 3 returned for touchdowns, Auburn wins 30-26.

Anybody know who got each of the five picks? Good trivia question there.. and for a bonus, who scored the defensive TD in the second quarter for the Plainsmen on a fumble?

In my eyes, they will never be as big a rival as Alabama, Georgia, Florida or Tennessee. 

152696[/snapback]

Totally agree. I'd even put Ga Tech on that list, too. Wish we played UF, UT, and GT every year.

QUOTE(Known By The Company You Keep @ Mar 25 2005, 08:21 AM)

In my eyes, they will never be as big a rival as Alabama, Georgia, Florida or Tennessee. 

Totally agree. I'd even put Ga Tech on that list, too. Wish we played UF, UT, and GT every year.

To me, LSU is the team I think is Auburn's biggest rival outside Tuscaloosa.

Tennessee? Meetings are too infrequent, and besides, a rivalry constitutes both teams winning, right?

Georgia? Yeah, great team, but come on, if Junior would have knocked Skyler Green unconscious, would a chant of "Skyler, Skyler.." have erupted from the Auburn faithful?

Georgia Tech? Only one meeting in the last 20 years - I think not.

Florida? Not an every year thing, and UF has slacked in recent years.

--

Maybe it's because Georgia's a team I at least root for when they're not playing Auburn or GT. But LSU? I want LSU to lose every game, and find myself actually rooting a bit for Bama when they go into Bayou country.

Georgia?  Yeah, great team, but come on, if Junior would have knocked Skyler Green unconscious, would a chant of "Skyler, Skyler.." have erupted from the Auburn faithful?

Yes.

Maybe it's because Georgia's a team I at least root for when they're not playing Auburn or GT.  But LSU?  I want LSU to lose every game, and find myself actually rooting a bit for Bama when they go into Bayou country.

152707[/snapback]

You're a sick person.

lsWHO is not a rival game. They would need to win more often to qualify.

Ga & uat are our rivals. (I am a traditionalist , to say the least) :)

Guest Tigrinum Major

To me, LSU is the team I think is Auburn's biggest rival outside Tuscaloosa.

Tennessee?  Meetings are too infrequent, and besides, a rivalry constitutes both teams winning, right?

Georgia?  Yeah, great team, but come on, if Junior would have knocked Skyler Green unconscious, would a chant of "Skyler, Skyler.." have erupted from the Auburn faithful?

Georgia Tech?  Only one meeting in the last 20 years - I think not.

Florida?  Not an every year thing, and UF has slacked in recent years.

--

Maybe it's because Georgia's a team I at least root for when they're not playing Auburn or GT.  But LSU?  I want LSU to lose every game, and find myself actually rooting a bit for Bama when they go into Bayou country.

RadioWryn, how old are you? That might shed some light on why you feel this way.

When I was in high school and college, the ones I mentioned, along with GA Tech, were our biggest rivals. And just because I say a school is a rival doesn't mean I won't root for them. I even like UGA when I don't have to spend time around their obnoxious, dog sniffing fans.

Florida State was a good rivalry for several years before Tater Tot screwed that up.

Being a UGA fan, one would think GATech would be a high rival for me but truth be told....they aren't at all.

Their fan base is a joke. Their coach is defeated against us and doesn't really have anything bright to look forward to. Their stadium is usually half/half at best during the UGA/Tech games at Tech.

To people from Atlanta and Georgia, the UGA/Tech game is huge but to out-of-state students like myself, I don't care at all.

I'm 20. However, my first memories of Auburn were living two apartments down from Toomer's Corner in 1989 when some game ended 30-20 and we rolled Toomer's for about three years.

SEC expansion affected Auburn more than any other school. Prior to SEC expansion Auburn's biggest rivals were Alabama, Georgia, Florida and UT. Georgia Tech was a rival until the series was ended. Since expansion Auburn has lost alot of their traditional rivals and had them replaced with new ones. Auburn's new rivals are Bama, LSU, Georgia.

I really enjoy the LSU rivalry. I care more about the LSU game than ANY other game each year. It's fun to hate LSU.

SEC expansion affected Auburn more than any other school.  Prior to SEC expansion Auburn's biggest rivals were Alabama, Georgia, Florida and UT.  Georgia Tech was a rival until the series was ended.  Since expansion Auburn has lost alot of their traditional rivals and had them replaced with new ones.  Auburn's new rivals are Bama, LSU, Georgia.   

I really enjoy the LSU rivalry.  I care more about the LSU game than ANY other game each year.  It's fun to hate LSU.

152720[/snapback]

Exactly!

Look, if you go to the Peach Bowl in Atlanta, Georgia fans won't run to the game just to flip you off and cuss you out..

Venture west of the Mississippi River, and there's hell to pay from the Bengals.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I'm 20.  However, my first memories of Auburn were living two apartments down from Toomer's Corner in 1989 when some game ended 30-20 and we rolled Toomer's for about three years.

152719[/snapback]

I was one of the students rolling it.

Damn, I feel old...

i personally love the LSU rivalry. it is a close second to me behind alabama. i will never forget the way i felt as a kid in 88 after the Earthquake game, being in the upper deck for the 94 INT game, or sitting as a freshman student right behind the fire of the 96 game (if Dameyune doesn't get hurt i still say we win that game! :angry: ). my favorite road game of all time is the 97 game in Baton Rouge. I've never been more excited in my life and I still love seeing me and my best friend on the ESPN replays.

my goodnes, how much longer till fall practice starts?????????

A forgotten classic:

What about the 1995 game in Death Valley?

Auburn had only lost one game since 1992, yet LSU gets a gift safety after a fan in the end zone blows a whistle during an Auburn possession, Patrick Nix stops his play, gets sacked for a safety, and LSU won by a slim margin.

as far as the 94 trivia goes, it was Brian Robinson, Ken Alvis, and ...um....Fred Smith. i just can't remember the order. Robinson's INT as he ran into the EZ with his finger in the air is AUsome! yes, we are #1!

A forgotten classic:

What about the 1995 game in Death Valley?

Auburn had only lost one game since 1992, yet LSU gets a gift safety after a fan in the end zone blows a whistle during an Auburn possession, Patrick Nix stops his play, gets sacked for a safety, and LSU won by a slim margin.

152729[/snapback]

it's easy to block out the ones we lose, but i remember it well. i almost lost my homecoming date with a very beautiful girl because i was too depressed after the game to ask her. glad i snapped out of it... :D ....until i got home then i went into depression again.

Archived