Why Republican leaders won’t stand up to Trump regarding Russia

TexasTiger

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Possible reason #1:  Pure denial. It's extremely difficult to admit you were fundamentally wrong about anything.

Possible reason #2: Cynicism.  Anything is acceptable in the purpose of thwarting progressives.

Possible reason #3: Pure, unadulterated ignorance, combined with a total lack of curiosity. (Related closely to #1)

Possible reason #4: Strong sense of victimhood.  Others are preventing you from obtaining and enjoying what is rightfully yours and you support anyone willing to push them back.  A sense of entitlement.

Possible reason #5: No foundational principles or moral.  Psychopathy.  Evil.

With all due respect, you hate Trump’s guts and you always take an extremely biased position against him, no matter the context. You’re probably not in the best position to speak on a Republican’s behalf as it pertains to Britt’s question. 

Further, I’m not sure that the views of someone who zealously identifies with the left does much for what Britt asks.

Just throwing it out there....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

No, I do not think it indicative of the notion that “Putin owns him,” whatever that could mean. Such would be, IMO, incompatible with his foreign policies towards them - which can hardly be characterized as “pro-Russian.” 

nola you do know that trump and a handful of other folks wanted to lesson the sanctions against russia right? look it up. i am not sure how it got turned around and stiffer sanctions ended up being imposed. and i do not know who got him to reverse his stance.

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

nola you do know that trump and a handful of other folks wanted to lesson the sanctions against russia right? look it up. i am not sure how it got turned around and stiffer sanctions ended up being imposed. and i do not know who got him to reverse his stance.

Are you talking about the sanctions with veto-proof majorities?

7 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I don’t care whether you think my position is valid or not. The engagements I’ve had with others in the “serious” forum drastic differently from the one you’re trying to create with me now. Thank you again for bestowing upon us your maturity in telling me that my thoughts are BS and that I am simply parroting Trump’s paranoia. The smack talk forum fits you better, so stick with that. 

BS is BS regardless of which forum it's presented.

Not sure what you mean by the above, but if you can cite examples of anyone arguing that Trump is an illegitimate president - based on what we know today - then name them.

And proposing such a premise is reflecting Trump's apparent paranoia, although it may turn out not to be paranoia at all. 

7 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I don’t care whether you think my position is valid or not. The engagements I’ve had with others in the “serious” forum drastic differently from the one you’re trying to create with me now. Thank you again for bestowing upon us your maturity in telling me that my thoughts are BS and that I am simply parroting Trump’s paranoia. The smack talk forum fits you better, so stick with that. 

Like I said, BS is BS.  There is no "concerted effort to deny the legitimacy of his presidency from day one."  If you disagree, offer some evidence otherwise.

Whether or not you "care" about what I think is a different matter, but it you want to use that as an excuse to evade, have at it. 

19 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

With all due respect, you hate Trump’s guts and you always take an extremely biased position against him, no matter the context. You’re probably not in the best position to speak on a Republican’s behalf as it pertains to Britt’s question. 

Further, I’m not sure that the views of someone who zealously identifies with the left does much for what Britt asks.

Just throwing it out there....

With all due respect you are wrong about me "hating Trump's guts".  I will confess to having total contempt for him.  That's not "hate", just a precursor to hate. 

"Hate" will occur after he has caused "me or mine" personal harm, or maybe after he has caused my country irreparable harm.  Based on the latter, I am well on my way to "hate" but "contempt" still better expresses where I am now.  The country can recover from Trump, but the sooner he is rejected the better.

And I'll leave it up to Britt to determine who is in the "best position" to address his question. :rolleyes:

Don't want to get between you two. I am against Trump, since I believe he is un-American. But I was asking for views from folks supportive of Trump, since I am really trying to understand their thinking.

11 hours ago, AUbritt said:

Don't want to get between you two. I am against Trump, since I believe he is un-American. But I was asking for views from folks supportive of Trump, since I am really trying to understand their thinking.

Good luck with that.

15 hours ago, homersapien said:

BS is BS regardless of which forum it's presented.

Not sure what you mean by the above, but if you can cite examples of anyone arguing that Trump is an illegitimate president - based on what we know today - then name them.

And proposing such a premise is reflecting Trump's apparent paranoia, although it may turn out not to be paranoia at all. 

Hmmm, for starters U.S. Rep John Lewis

15 hours ago, homersapien said:

Like I said, BS is BS.  There is no "concerted effort to deny the legitimacy of his presidency from day one."  If you disagree, offer some evidence otherwise.

Whether or not you "care" about what I think is a different matter, but it you want to use that as an excuse to evade, have at it. 

Ok, what would you like? News headlines?

Of course Homer won’t fuss about the negative thoughts I have on Trump, only the other thoughts. That’s why it’s difficult to engage him in a serious manner. This is nothing new.

8 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Hmmm, for starters U.S. Rep John Lewis

That's your concerted effort to deny the legitimacy of his presidency since day one??:roflol:  :laugh:

And many people are convinced that Russian assistance made the difference in the election.  But that's not the problem.  The problem is that Russia did intervene with the purpose of assisting Trump.

It would help Trump if he at least admitted that happened.

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Ok, what would you like? News headlines?

I would like to know more about this "concerted effort to deny the legitimacy of his presidency since day one."

An opinion here or there doesn't sound like a concerted effort to me.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

That's your concerted effort to deny the legitimacy of his presidency since day one??:roflol:

That’s my answer to you telling me to cite examples of anyone arguing that Trump is an illegitimate president. 

Re-read what you said. This isn’t very difficult 

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Of course Homer won’t fuss about the negative thoughts I have on Trump, only the other thoughts. That’s why it’s difficult to engage him in a serious manner. This is nothing new.

Yeah, I am just unfair, huh? :laugh:

Grudgingly admitting he frequently lies and says really stupid things doesn't forgive you for supporting him. Just the opposite. 

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

I would like to know more about this "concerted effort to deny the legitimacy of his presidency since day one."

An opinion here or there doesn't sound like a concerted effort to me.

Homer, if you honestly expected that I thought you would “believe or agree” with everything I said, you’re mistaken. Of course you don’t think there has been a concerted effort to deny the legitimacy of his presidency since day one. Any attempt to expound for your approval is a futile effort. You would never agree or be “won over” by such a statement, and that wasn’t my goal. 

You disagree. Ok. Be a big boy.

Just now, homersapien said:

Yeah, I am just unfair, huh? :laugh:

Grudgingly admitting he frequently lies and says really stupid things doesn't forgive you for supporting him. Just the opposite. 

Ok Homer. Thanks for the contribution.

23 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

That’s my answer to you telling me to cite examples of anyone arguing that Trump is an illegitimate president. 

Re-read what you said. This isn’t very difficult 

Yeah, and it doesn't nothing to prove your premise.  Re-read what you said.  It's pretty simple also.

You talked about a "concerted effort". 

And I was actually referring to the Trump opponents on this forum.  If there was a "concerted effort" for such a claim, you'd think there would be a few here.

Just now, homersapien said:

Yeah, and it doesn't nothing to prove your premise.  Re-read what you said.  It's pretty simple also.

You talked about a "concerted effort". 

Whatever you say, bud.

11 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Homer, if you honestly expected that I thought you would “believe or agree” with everything I said, you’re mistaken. Of course you don’t think there has been a concerted effort to deny the legitimacy of his presidency since day one. Any attempt to expound for your approval is a futile effort. You would never agree or be “won over” by such a statement, and that wasn’t my goal. 

Blah blah blah.  You said there was a "concerted effort" to deny the legitimacy of his presidency.  There isn't.

There are a lot of people who believe he is illegitimate, mainly because the Russians were aiding him and he denies they did so in spite of what our intelligence agencies say.  (That implies he was a part of of it and has something to hide.)

The fact that people believe that is not a conspiracy or "concerted effort" to deny him the legitimacy of his  presidency.  It's a perfectly understandable reaction to what we are gradually learning from the Mueller investigation - and more importantly - Trump's recent behavior.

You cannot excuse Trump for implying there are people who are conspiring or even acting in a "concerted effort" to deny him the presidency.  Although I will allow that such activity would not be surprising considering Trump's behavior.  And I wouldn't be surprised if it ramps up bigly  when Mueller's investigatin is complete.

But again, that's all on Trump.  Not from people out to get him.

18 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You are the "boy" sonny, not me. ;D

As a 20-something your brain hasn't even physically matured, much less accumulated any experience as an adult.

35 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Blah blah blah.  You said there was a "concerted effort" to deny the legitimacy of his presidency.  There isn't.

There are a lot of people who believe he is illegitimate, mainly because the Russians were aiding him and he denies they did so in spite of what our intelligence agencies say.  (That implies he was a part of of it and has something to hide.)

The fact that people believe that is not a conspiracy or "concerted effort" to deny him the legitimacy of his  presidency.  It's a perfectly understandable reaction to what we are gradually learning from the Mueller investigation - and more importantly - Trump's recent behavior.

You cannot excuse Trump for implying there are people who are conspiring or even acting in a "concerted effort" to deny him the presidency.  Although I will allow that such activity would not be surprising considering Trump's behavior.  And I wouldn't be surprised if it ramps up bigly  when Mueller's investigatin is complete.

But again, that's all on Trump.  Not from people out to get him.

29 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You are the "boy" sonny, not me. ;D

As a 20-something your brain hasn't even physically matured, much less accumulated any experience as an adult.

Ok old man who is 68. You’ve made your “mature” point. Thanks for contributing to the forum. 

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Ok old man who is 68. You’ve made your “mature” point. Thanks for contributing to the forum. 

No, I simply responded to your sophomoric insult with facts. 

No insult = no response.  You may want to keep that in mind if you don't care for the feedback.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

No, I simply responded to your sophomoric insult with facts. 

No insult = no response.  You may want to keep that in mind if you don't care for the feedback.

Ok Homer. We know you disagree with my view. No one cares. Good conversation. 

Archived