Why Republican leaders won’t stand up to Trump regarding Russia

TexasTiger

On 7/19/2018 at 9:51 PM, AUbritt said:

Don't want to get between you two. I am against Trump, since I believe he is un-American. But I was asking for views from folks supportive of Trump, since I am really trying to understand their thinking.

Good to see you, Britt. Come say hey in the football forum some time.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/19/2018 at 9:51 PM, AUbritt said:

Don't want to get between you two. I am against Trump, since I believe he is un-American. But I was asking for views from folks supportive of Trump, since I am really trying to understand their thinking.

Since you teed it up, start by explaining why Trump is un-American.

22 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I think he cares more about himself than he does about the country. I guess that would be more what I'd call un-presidential; but an un-presidential president is un-American.

The way he treats/talks about the press is straight out of the authoritarian's playbook. That's un-American.

Separating kids from their parents and putting them in cages in order to deter immigration is un-American. It's even worse if the real reason for doing it is to shift our perception of what's normal in the direction of greater cruelty.

Publicly mistreating our long-time allies and cozying up to authoritarians like Putin -- who hacked our elections, and that's not even the worst thing -- is un-American.

The guy is as crass as they come. He serially mistreats women (to put it mildly). He lacks any semblance of cool. He's a bully.

I could go on, but it gets pretty boring after a while.

5 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

I think he cares more about himself than he does about the country. I guess that would be more what I'd call un-presidential; but an un-presidential president is un-American.

The way he treats/talks about the press is straight out of the authoritarian's playbook. That's un-American.

Separating kids from their parents and putting them in cages in order to deter immigration is un-American. It's even worse if the real reason for doing it is to shift our perception of what's normal in the direction of greater cruelty.

Publicly mistreating our long-time allies and cozying up to authoritarians like Putin -- who hacked our elections, and that's not even the worst thing -- is un-American.

The guy is as crass as they come. He serially mistreats women (to put it mildly). He lacks any semblance of cool. He's a bully.

I could go on, but it gets pretty boring after a while.

I agree there are some things about him I don't like but I totally disagree they, or yours, rise to the level of being un-American. So I guess we agree to disagree.

23 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

OK Proud,  you asked for it.....total nonsense in most cases.   I'm thinking of those NFL players who kneel for the anthem...."un-American"... and people who care for themselves more than the country......if that's critical, there must be a couple hundred million of those in this country......many of them in jail. ,

Hoping there will be some better definitions of what pro-American means.....that might be more useful. 

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OK Proud,  you asked for it.....total nonsense in most cases.   I'm thinking of those NFL players who kneel for the anthem...."un-American"... and people who care for themselves more than the country......if that's critical, there must be a couple hundred million of those in this country......many of them in jail. ,

Hoping there will be some better definitions of what pro-American means.....that might be more useful. 

Yep. Forget about the NFL sissies who would crap in their pants if they saw an enemy soldier and focus on heroes like Pat Tillman who LEFT the NFL to serve his country and made the supreme sacrifice.

14 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Yep. Forget about the NFL sissies who would crap in their pants if they saw an enemy soldier and focus on heroes like Pat Tillman who LEFT the NFL to serve his country and made the supreme sacrifice.

Hey, not everyone is a tunnel rat like you.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:27 PM, AUbritt said:

Honestly, I'm more interested in why Republicans (not the politicians, who are mostly corrupt, but good people) continue to support the lies. I mean, it's completely obvious at this point that Trump is totally in Putin's pocket. Can anyone really not see it at this point? 

So what's the explanation for the continued support? 

Well, conspiracy theories, reading Revelation as if it were literal rather than poetical (which, unfortunately for the theologically challenged, it is poetical), and evangelical Christians falling for a very heretical Gospel by the likes of Pat Robertson, Billy Graham, John Hagee, ect.

Power is quite intoxicating, and the Pat Robertsons and Tony Perkins of the world are as hungry for it as a Crack head is for Crack.

Power and victory, to God, are in the form of a crucified Christ.

Archived