Movies

AUBwins

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

hahaha You just want to peacock around and show off everyone your AMAZING singing voice that you have been hiding all these years!!!!

You'll

NEVER

SEE

me

CRYYYYYYY

True story. On the ride? At Disney? When she hits the big note and you go backwards down the thing? That s*** is dope. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hahahaha, LOVE

Hmm. So I don't think I loved anything from last year. In fact, you're right. I have to really think about it to come up with the last movie I *loved*. Get Out was good. Moonlight was really good. HOT TAKE ALERT: I walked out of Black Panther once they got to the third act. 

OH. I will tell you one movie that I saw that completely, utterly blew me away... 7 years ago... Holy Motors. I'm not sure where you could even find it, and I'm not sure what it was supposed to be about necessarily. But damn damn damn that was a fun, original, well made movie. 

Oh wait, I take it all back. The Shape of Water. Here are my account and routing numbers, Guillo del T. I love you. No, bro, seriously. I love you. 

hahahahah WO WO WO I am going to need a timeout coach?! Let me get this straight. You. Walked out. Of. A. MICHAEL B JORDAN MOVIE?!?!?!? IDK if anyone has ever hurt me more in my life than you just did now!!!!!! Can you hand me a paper towel where all the blood is FROM THE KNIFE YOU PUT IN MY BACK?!?! hahahah. MAN THIS CUTS DEEP. NO PUN INTENDED!!!!!!! But you redeemed yourself being such big fans of Moonlight, The Shape of Water and mother bleepin Guillermo Del Toro THE CHAMP CHAMP of directors!!! haha. 

Holy Motors?! I have never even heard of that. DO TELL! GO ON!

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You'll

NEVER

SEE

me

CRYYYYYYY

True story. On the ride? At Disney? When she hits the big note and you go backwards down the thing? That s*** is dope. 

hahahaha NO ARGUMENT FROM ME!!! You are talking to the guy who was getting all those 1994 FEEEEEEEEEELS right in the heart 2 nights ago at the Lion King! I WAS NOT EXPECTING IT TO HIT ME LIKE THAT! lol

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahahah WO WO WO I am going to need a timeout coach?! Let me get this straight. You. Walked out. Of. A. MICHAEL B JORDAN MOVIE?!?!?!? IDK if anyone has ever hurt me more in my life than you just did now!!!!!! Can you hand me a paper towel where all the blood is FROM THE KNIFE YOU PUT IN MY BACK?!?! hahahah. MAN THIS CUTS DEEP. NO PUN INTENDED!!!!!!! But you redeemed yourself being such big fans of Moonlight, The Shape of Water and mother bleepin Guillermo Del Toro THE CHAMP CHAMP of directors!!! haha. 

You know, if I would have said to myself, "Loof, are you really going to walk out of a Michael B Jordan movie? A Vince Howard movie?", I might've been more patient.

Holy Motors?! I have never even heard of that. DO TELL! GO ON!

This should clear it right up. (Pretty sure the movie significantly predates the song played for the last half of the trailer.)

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaha NO ARGUMENT FROM ME!!! You are talking to the guy who was getting all those 1994 FEEEEEEEEEELS right in the heart 2 nights ago at the Lion King! I WAS NOT EXPECTING IT TO HIT ME LIKE THAT! lol

I feel you on that, Bro Jackson. You have no idea.

Well, actually, you just very clearly said that you have an idea. My bad! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You know, if I would have said to myself, "Loof, are you really going to walk out of a Michael B Jordan movie? A Vince Howard movie?", I might've been more patient.

This should clear it right up. (Pretty sure the movie significantly predates the song played for the last half of the trailer.)

EVA MENDES?!?!? SOLD!!!!!!!! that is really all you had to say to get me hooked! lol

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

EVA MENDES?!?!? SOLD!!!!!!!! that is really all you had to say to get me hooked! lol

YOOOOOOO for real. I wonder what ever happened to her. All timer smoke show. Don't expect, uh, as good of a performance as she put on in Training Day, though.... (Seriously, her scenes in this movie are amazing IMO. Even if confusing.)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

YOOOOOOO for real. I wonder what ever happened to her. All timer smoke show. Don't expect, uh, as good of a performance as she put on in Training Day, though.... (Seriously, her scenes in this movie are amazing IMO. Even if confusing.)

She is to busy popping out Ryan Goslings kids these days. No really she is basically a almost full time stay at home mom and does not act hardly at all unfortunately.

Edited by GwillMac6

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

She is to busy popping out Ryan Goslings kids these days. No really she is basically a almost full time stay at home mom at this mom and does not act hardly at all unfortunately.

GO HOME MR. MOM AND SEND YOUR BEAUTIFUL WIFE BACK OUT INTO THE WORLD

Drive was good. So was the one with him, Emma Stone and Steve Carrell. 

Damn you, Ryan Gosling, daaaaamn youuuu!

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

GO HOME MR. MOM AND SEND YOUR BEAUTIFUL WIFE BACK OUT INTO THE WORLD

Drive was good. So was the one with him, Emma Stone and Steve Carrell. 

Damn you, Ryan Gosling, daaaaamn youuuu!

CRAZY. STUPID. LOVE. That movie was a freaking blast! But drive?! OHHHHHH MY one of my favorite movies of all time. BUT YES!!!! I WANT THE EVA MENDES FROM HITCH BACK PLEASE! lol SET HER FREE GOSLING! haha

• Love 1

Only one thing I got to say after seeing Once Upon a Time in Hollywood @McLoofus... Here is your answer @kevon67 from the question on the other thread hahaha.

trtr.gif

trt.gif

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

This is the best acting ever 

LOVE LOVE LOVE Q's first movie he directed!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO great.

Not sure if mentioned already but just finished watching this little gem.  Saw a preview on a different film and thought it was worth a view.  Solid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 2:50 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

17/31: Cabin in the Woods. One of my favorite “fun” horror movies. Very cliche, but a nice spin.

I liked this one too, Not sure why more people don't like it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loved Cabin in the Woods! Satire, but also stands alone as a well-executed and interesting narrative. It did pretty well at the box office IIRC and deservedly so. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 10:25 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Only one thing I got to say after seeing Once Upon a Time in Hollywood @McLoofus... Here is your answer @kevon67 from the question on the other thread hahaha.

trtr.gif

trt.gif

Finally saw it. Worth the hype and then some. 

You and I have talked a lot about how they don't make the BIG GREAT MOVIE anymore. Welp, QT answered our prayers IMO. It was big. It was great. It was FUN. It was a damn movie, man. 

• Love 1

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Finally saw it. Worth the hype and then some. 

You and I have talked a lot about how they don't make the BIG GREAT MOVIE anymore. Welp, QT answered our prayers IMO. It was big. It was great. It was FUN. It was a damn movie, man. 

ITS HERE!!! ITS HERE!!! ITS FINALLY HERE!!!!!! I have been waiting for this day since I saw this movie!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I agree with everything you said!!! That was hands down the best performance of Brad Pitts career! Totally blown away by him in this movie. I dunno if this was Leo's best acting work because he has had so many but at the very least it was another great performance. And then you add in the child actor from American Housewife and her scene with leo?! Maybe my favorite scene in the whole movie. Not to mention Andie MacDowells daughter who was a scene stealer in this movie in her role as Pussycat. All in all it adds up to a great movie. 

• Love 1

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

ITS HERE!!! ITS HERE!!! ITS FINALLY HERE!!!!!! I have been waiting for this day since I saw this movie!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I agree with everything you said!!! That was hands down the best performance of Brad Pitts career! Totally blown away by him in this movie. I dunno if this was Leo's best acting work because he has had so many but at the very least it was another great performance. And then you add in the child actor from American Housewife and her scene with leo?! Maybe my favorite scene in the whole movie. Not to mention Andie MacDowells daughter who was a scene stealer in this movie in her role as Pussycat. All in all it adds up to a great movie. 

Totally agreed on the acting, Bro Nix! I had no idea that was Young Lady McDowell. That explains why she's 1) so pretty and 2) such a good actress. Yes, a star for sure. Agreed about the little girl and the leads, too. Don't know if it was Leo's best but I definitely can't name better. And even though it was a much less scene-eating performance, I thought Margot Robbie did a phenomenal job. Of course, she could literally just stand there reading the dictionary and I would write letters to the Academy on her behalf. 100% goddess and we are incredibly lucky that a woman who looks like that can also act. 

I suppose we shouldn't talk about the 3rd act out of respect for our fellow cinephiles but DUDE. I spent the whole movie wondering how it was going to go down and... well... I have regained any love I ever had for Tarantino and more.

So where do we rank this one? For me, it's still Pulp Fiction at the top and then this one is duking it out with Kill Bill. (Combined, in my rankings.) I need to rewatch Reservoir Dogs, though. Been a very long time. 

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Better than Snatch.........as soon as I get my fever down I must see this movie.........win win as I am also huge Leo fan as well.

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Better than Snatch.........as soon as I get my fever down I must see this movie.........win win as I am also huge Leo fan as well.

Actually watched Snatch recently. Dude was money in that and what a great movie. My only issue with Pitt in that one is I have no clue if he's nailing the accent, lol. Jk. 

Good luck with that fever! Ugh. HATE being sick. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Totally agreed on the acting, Bro Nix! I had no idea that was Young Lady McDowell. That explains why she's 1) so pretty and 2) such a good actress. Yes, a star for sure. Agreed about the little girl and the leads, too. Don't know if it was Leo's best but I definitely can't name better. And even though it was a much less scene-eating performance, I thought Margot Robbie did a phenomenal job. Of course, she could literally just stand there reading the dictionary and I would write letters to the Academy on her behalf. 100% goddess and we are incredibly lucky that a woman who looks like that can also act. 

I suppose we shouldn't talk about the 3rd act out of respect for our fellow cinephiles but DUDE. I spent the whole movie wondering how it was going to go down and... well... I have regained any love I ever had for Tarantino and more.

So where do we rank this one? For me, it's still Pulp Fiction at the top and then this one is duking it out with Kill Bill. (Combined, in my rankings.) I need to rewatch Reservoir Dogs, though. Been a very long time. 

Great great point on Margot. I went back after I saw Once Upon a Time and saw some Sharon Tate interviews that I could find on Youtube and Margot tooooooooootally had down pat the voice, the cadence and her mannerisms. Even in a smaller than it should of been role for her she totally nailed it as far as I am concerned!!! Good on you for giving her the credit! 

I 100% co sign!!!!! Only behind Pulp Fiction for me but I also have not seen Reservoir Dogs in a long time so maybe I need to go that before I officially put it second!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I have not seen Snatch in awhile but I would say DEF!!! BUT when you tell it just let us know what you think brother!