Movies

AUBwins

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Was Joker showing at that theater? My dad contracts with the DOD. Ex-military, super high security clearance, all that. Anyway, there was an email making the rounds in those circles citing a credible threat of a planned Aurora-style event at showings of that movie  :( . It sounded very fake, tbqh, but Dad said he'd never gotten anything like that before and thought it had weight behind it coming from the person who sent it to him. 

On only like 7 screens—haha. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Speaking of Joker, has anyone seen it yet? Any good?

No sir........did see some spoiler free reviews on YouTube saying it was really good.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

8/31: In the Tall Grass(2019). Based on a King novella. Pretty much a mind **** of a movie. It’s on Netflix. Worth a watch. 

Watched this Monday night......really liked it.

• Like 1

9/31: Event Horizon(1997). Following the trend of mind **** horror. 

If there was one film I’d really wish for a reboot, it’d be this one. Apparently there was a director’s cut that got somehow destroyed, that gave us a bit more backstory and plot(or something along those lines).

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

If there was one film I’d really wish for a reboot, it’d be this one. Apparently there was a director’s cut that got somehow destroyed, that gave us a bit more backstory and plot(or something along those lines).

Not sure if it is still going to happen but there this

‘Event Horizon’ Series in Development at Amazon (EXCLUSIVE)

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/event-horizon-series-amazon-1203291883/

20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not sure if it is still going to happen but there this

‘Event Horizon’ Series in Development at Amazon (EXCLUSIVE)

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/event-horizon-series-amazon-1203291883/

I thought I had read about this a while back. With the way streaming services are going(and their budgets) this could certainly have the chance of being decent. The 1997 CGI and camera work could use some updating to be sure. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

10/31: Midsommar(2019). I was heavily looking forward to this one. I loved Hereditary. This fell way short and dances around in the pretentious realm. It’s way too slow and way too long(2.5 hours). I didn’t mind the slow burn for a while, but it never pays off. I regret buying it. 

Classic case of the trailer making the movie look better than it truly was.

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

10/31: Midsommar(2019). I was heavily looking forward to this one. I loved Hereditary. This fell way short and dances around in the pretentious realm. It’s way too slow and way too long(2.5 hours). I didn’t mind the slow burn for a while, but it never pays off. I regret buying it. 

Classic case of the trailer making the movie look better than it truly was.

Watched the trailer a few months back and I was all in.....still may watch the movie..........I like your reviews as much as the trailers you post.......many thanks friend 👍

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Watched the trailer a few months back and I was all in.....still may watch the movie..........I like your reviews as much as the trailers you post.......many thanks friend 👍

I do think it’s worth watching. I don’t think it’s worth buying without seeing it first. I’m sure we’ll watch it again at some point and maybe appreciate it more. 

It definitely had some unsettling/WTF moments. My wife about had a panic attack during a certain part of the film and we almost had to turn it off. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

13 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

This was one of those movies that I watched without any expectations and by the end I was like, um, that was an amazing movie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

11/31: Don’t Breathe(2016)

Nice.......was that Ike Clanton?........real name escapes me

32 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Was who what?

Dont breathe.........the blind man played Ike Clanton in Tombstone........I forget his name and will sit here half the night trying to remind myself I have good memory.......yet imdb is just a click away and done😂......nope not me I'll go down with the ship being the only person holding a rotary phone and the Yellow Pages😂

33 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Dont breathe.........the blind man played Ike Clanton in Tombstone........I forget his name and will sit here half the night trying to remind myself I have good memory.......yet imdb is just a click away and done😂......nope not me I'll go down with the ship being the only person holding a rotary phone and the Yellow Pages😂

Oh, man. Idk. It’s been a very long time since I’ve seen Tombstone. 

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Oh, man. Idk. It’s been a very long time since I’ve seen Tombstone. 

One of my all time favorite movies.....great cast.

13/31: Mother!(2017). Trailer is not indicative of the movie at all. Another mind ****. It’s on Hulu. Midsommar was better. 

Edit, spoiler: so apparently it’s some sort of allegory re: God and Mother Earth according to the filmmaker. 🙄

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

13/31: Mother!(2017). Trailer is not indicative of the movie at all. Another mind ****. It’s on Hulu. Midsommar was better. 

Going to watch this tomorrow.........speaking of good cast......this should be good👍

• Like 1