Movies

AUBwins

6 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

1/31. As Above, So Below(2014)

Dude I'm clostraphobic and made my heart race........also hope your wife is doing well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Dude I'm clostraphobic and made my heart race........also hope your wife is doing well.

She’s still tired a bit of the time, but she’s basically back to normal. I appreciate you asking. 

• Love 1

34 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

She’s still tired a bit of the time, but she’s basically back to normal. I appreciate you asking. 

Sorry if I missed/forgot something. Sending happy thoughts.

• Thanks 1

I'm so clostraphobic first time I played Fallout New Vegas I got trapped in Vault 22 I believe it was. Couldnt find my way out after retrieving air purifier......I was so invested in my surroundings it never dawned on me to reload previous save outside of vault......Reactor room alarm was going off and I was panicking.........yes like Reese from Malcolm in the Middle, I can shut my brain off at anytime.....especially when deep in a story mode game.😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

4/31: Descent(2005). @kevon67 claustrophobia trigger warning. Hands down, one of my favorite legitimately scary movies in the past 20 years.

Okay that give me some serious cold chills.........loved both Hostel movies.....wife hated them.

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

4/31: Descent(2005). @kevon67 claustrophobia trigger warning. Hands down, one of my favorite legitimately scary movies in the past 20 years.

Amazing film. 

On 10/2/2019 at 2:21 PM, kevon67 said:

I'm so clostraphobic first time I played Fallout New Vegas I got trapped in Vault 22 I believe it was. Couldnt find my way out after retrieving air purifier......I was so invested in my surroundings it never dawned on me to reload previous save outside of vault......Reactor room alarm was going off and I was panicking.........yes like Reese from Malcolm in the Middle, I can shut my brain off at anytime.....especially when deep in a story mode game.😂

Dang man you need some Two Thumbs Up GIF by Hooters

• Like 1

17 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Dang man you need some Two Thumbs Up GIF by Hooters

I was a bit of a gameroom gamer growing up......favorite pinball machines are Flip Flop and Playboy.........as I got older I was a bit of a boss on Tron, Galaga, and most of all Golden Tee.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 7:24 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

5/31: Broken Lizard’s Club Dread(2004). Love some whimsy with my horror. Arguably my favorite BL film too, with Beerfest right on its heels.

"Peen-a-lope"

• Like 1

7/31: It-Chapter II. 

Ehhhh. It’s an hour too long. The adult versions of the characters were suitable. Their chemistry was lacking. I did like the ending a bit better than the original movie.

Like the book and the original Tim Curry movie, the first act focusing on the children and their relationships/coming of age tales while weaving a horror tale within have always been my favorite parts. 

Spoiler ahead:

The attempt at bringing Bowers back was feeble. And trying to incorporate Hockstetter as his undead guardian was also feeble as compared to the book. 

I could probably get more spoiler-y, but I’ll hold off for now. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Sad 1

Also, I was a bit surprised seeing an armed guard at the movies. I was walking out to grab a beer(because that’s an awesome option at the local theater), and I almost knocked into him standing at the interior exit to the theater(he was watching the movie). 

I thought it was weird that he’d be standing there for one; but I also know that staff will sometimes hang around and watch the screen. Then I came back in and he was still there and I noticed he had a piece on his hip. Dude definitely did not look like a security guard, had the lace up army style boots, a regular looking sweatshirt, etc. 

So I returned to my seat, told my wife to walk out with her phone and make an assessment. She came back and said she had seen him before at previous movies. I went out later on for another beer(IT: II IS 3 hours long, gimme a break) and asked staff that if that’s normal. “Yeah he pokes his head in and out of theaters all night”.

Needless to say, that freaked us both out. I’m glad they’re there, but I hate that they have to be. However, some more identifying uniform would be appreciated. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Also, I was a bit surprised seeing an armed guard at the movies.

Was Joker showing at that theater? My dad contracts with the DOD. Ex-military, super high security clearance, all that. Anyway, there was an email making the rounds in those circles citing a credible threat of a planned Aurora-style event at showings of that movie  :( . It sounded very fake, tbqh, but Dad said he'd never gotten anything like that before and thought it had weight behind it coming from the person who sent it to him.