I know it's only been two games but...

WarDamnEagleWDE

1 minute ago, AidiAU said:

Biggest thing I like from this? 

That Grimes isn't happy with the play of the OL. If he was satisfied with that, I would be extremely worried. Always find something to improve upon.  

Have to admit. Grimes is growing on me. He has his limitations but maybe he can get this bunch going. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

As far as the "achilles heel" comment. Have to get the OL recruiting woes figured out. That is what that comment was about. And it's true. 

Yup! Gotta land one of Putnam or Webb but neither will fix the future LT issue. Calvin needs to man up & take it!

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I like him better than Hand, that’s for sure.

Not defending Herb, but maybe it's just not just a coaching problem on the OL. The OL talent just might have something to do with it also. 

22 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I will say one more thing about the O-line. If anyone thought replacing Smith and Golson would be easy or that there was anybody on the team that could replace them they were fooling themselves. 

We probably have 3 guys who *will be* better than Golson. They just won't be this season. IMO.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Failed

Ha ha. ;D

I've been trying to make the below post but the site kept telling me it's "forbidden" :o

I thought maybe it would allow me to post it as an edit, and actually, that did fail. 

But for some reason it let me post it in this response. :dunno:

-----------------------------------------

Serious question to everyone with adamant opinions regarding the performance of a given individual or unit:  Do ya'll record the games with DVRs and go back and review each play multiple times?

I don't.  And while I have a pretty good knowledge of football (having played in HS) I cannot simply watch a game and come away with strong opinions on what is happening away from the ball unless it's obvious. 

I generally focus on the guards at the snap to get an early indication of what the play is going to be, but there's no way I could evaluate any given player's performance without being able to rewind and see each play multiple times, focusing on different individuals.

(Good thing we have coaches. ;))

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Who? 

I'll name them if I end up being right, lol.

Big fan of Golson. Never seen a guy do as well at as many positions as he did. But I think that we probably have a better true center, a better true guard and a better true tackle on roster. They just don't have the experience yet. 

But there is no doubt that we need to recruit the OL way, way better. It makes no sense whatsoever that we can recruit QBs and WRs like we can but we aren't deep at OL. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I'll name them if I end up being right, lol.

Big fan of Golson. Never seen a guy do as well at as many positions as he did. But I think that we probably have a better true center, a better true guard and a better true tackle on roster. They just don't have the experience yet. 

But there is no doubt that we need to recruit the OL way, way better. It makes no sense whatsoever that we can recruit QBs and WRs like we can but we aren't deep at OL. 

I think McLoof is right and I will name them.  Golson was very serviceable lineman but not a superstar. Do we have anyone as good as B Smith last year? No but  I think both Tega and Harrell will spend time in the NFL. Maybe not long careers but I believe they will. I think that Brahms will be a pretty good center before it is over.

Just curious since WDE appears to have inside info do we stick with where we are and see if they get better or do we pull a Tuberville at UF years ago and start NB at center and Troxell at right guard? I hope everyone noticed that Troxell has probably moved ahead of CA at that position. Just curious.

14 minutes ago, auol72 said:

Just curious since WDE appears to have inside info do we stick with where we are and see if they get better or do we pull a Tuberville at UF years ago and start NB at center and Troxell at right guard? I hope everyone noticed that Troxell has probably moved ahead of CA at that position. Just curious.

IMO, I think there will be some changes. Would not be shocked at all to see NB start at C or Troxell to start somewhere on the OL this week. Troxell is one mean SOB on the field. 

The OL seems weak, mentally and physically. There have been a lot of missed assignments and when they get it right, they just seem unble to move bodies out of the way.

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

IMO, I think there will be some changes. Would not be shocked at all to see NB start at C or Troxell to start somewhere on the OL this week. Troxell is one mean SOB on the field. 

Best news I’ve heard in a while. Kim and Driscoll seem like good guys and maybe they are older and more experienced but NB and Trox simply seem to have more upside. Also interested to see if Horton gets replaced. Tega and Harrell seem to be playing well

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Best news I’ve heard in a while. Kim and Driscoll seem like good guys and maybe they are older and more experienced but NB and Trox simply seem to have more upside. Also interested to see if Horton gets replaced. Tega and Harrell seem to be playing well

Going to see what Tega is made of this weekend. He's been OK. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

The OL seems weak, mentally and physically. There have been a lot of missed assignments and when they get it right, they just seem unble to move bodies out of the way.

The mental part is a bummer. The physical part is, too, but I kind of went in with the understanding that we didn't have any Braden Smiths or Greg Robinsons physically. So I hoped that they would mitigate that with knowing their jobs. 

Really, really surprised to hear that Horton and Driscoll have struggled so much. 

Still holding out hope that it's just inexperience, taking time to gel, blah blah blah.

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Pumping a certain Ludacris song in their heads may help with the last part...

18 hours ago, corchjay said:

This is a stupid thread.  We are 2 - 0.  The line was the biggest question mark going into the season based on experience not talent.  They are and will gain experience as the season goes along.  For those saying we are a championship type team I agree with them... but the reason we aren't "predicted" to be a championship teams is because of schedule and the unknown on the OL.  The season so far has been what it's been expected to be.  

This week we will see if we have improved from week 1 to week 3.  

The rest of the comment is just standard agenda.  It's been the agenda since the hire of JB.  Stop the ignorant nonsense.

Man oh man. Still don't like the Grimes hire. I admit that. But my post was not a agenda post. Just what I think based on what I'm being told. Love the ignorant nonsense comment. 

Should learn to to read these threads from the front to the back and not vise versa. 

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Ignorant nonsense. 

Archived