I know it's only been two games but...

WarDamnEagleWDE

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WDE and i dont always see eye to eye and neither of us probably care about that, but he is correct here and i am not sure why. PT and MH practiced with an edge and confidence against their own who are better than any we have played or will play this week, but in the first two games that have as he said just been OK. They have to get better. I am with him on the Troxell being tough, he will get after it. Would not shock me at all to see NB and him in the starting lineup saturday.

Since you brought it up again this morning WDE do you think the recruiting issues were on Herb & JB heavily? Or did Gus tell them who he wanted to pursue just as he does with QB, RB, & WR recruiting?

Just now, ellitor said:

Except you didn't "Love" emoji it. Lol

Hah! If I loved the whole post it might seem like I'm taking sides or that I think I know something about OL play. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

We probably have 3 guys who *will be* better than Golson. They just won't be this season. IMO.

I was talking about this season. I still hope Tega  and Ashley and Trox can be coached up and get the job done, but they are nowhere near Golson and Smith level right now.

Be nice to have some mean mofos on the OL like Searles and Jim Thompson under Dye when I was in school. Not always the best but not for lack of physicality; Thompson was good for a personal foul about every game, lol.

2 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I was talking about this season. I still hope Tega  and Ashley and Trox can be coached up and get the job done, but they are nowhere near Golson and Smith level right now.

Agreed. On Smith, especially. 

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Serious question to everyone with adamant opinions regarding the performance of a given individual or unit:  Do ya'll record the games with DVRs and go back and review each play multiple times?

(Good thing we have coaches. ;))

I do record the games and go back and watch again.  I don't necessarily rewatch every play multiple times, but I definitely watch plays where we do great or horrible multiple times to see where the fault was (IN MY OPINION).  By no means do I claim to have the knowledge that some of the coaches do on here.  I am constantly amazed at some of their knowledge of the inner-workings of each play.  I just like to see if it was something we did wrong or they did right. 

I 100% agree that it is a great thing that JB & co. have all week to dissect every play and break down exactly what went right and what went wrong. 

It would be great if they started a HUDL for college. 

This looks like a good place to ask this......can Any of you in the know provide your opinion/comparison of the LSU and Washington defenses. I personally think LSU looks great but not savvy enough to make comparisons.

5 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

This looks like a good place to ask this......can Any of you in the know provide your opinion/comparison of the LSU and Washington defenses. I personally think LSU looks great but not savvy enough to make comparisons.

LSU is stronger, faster and deeper.  Not just my opinion but also the opinion of the homer Wes Neighbors on The Drive yesterday.

3 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

LSU is stronger, faster and deeper.  Not just my opinion but also the opinion of the homer Wes Neighbors on The Drive yesterday.

Wes knows that program pretty intimately, so I guess I'll take his word for it. 

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Wes knows that program pretty intimately, so I guess I'll take his word for it. 

Wes does know the program, but he is as much a homer for them as he is Bama.  He said yesterday that their O will not have any issues scoring against us.  They have avg what 300 yards in their first 2 games?  They didn't break 300 against Miami and our D is 10* better than Miami.  I agree he is much more connected down there and has intimate knowledge of a lot of things there, but between his Crimson & White and Purple & Gold glasses, he has a hard time be objective against either of those teams.

6 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

A couple of years ago we did land 5 star Ashley and 4 stars Troxell and Brahms. 

None of which to date have been able to crack the starting OL. As I was thinking about this thread last night I asked my self if I could come up with one offensive lineman on our roster that I could drive to Tuscaloosa, or Athens, and have them win a starting spot. I came up with nothing. Now some may say that those are probably the two most loaded rosters in the country, which I would be the first to agree with. They are however who we are going to have to win some recruiting battles for elite offensive linemen against. Last year Georgia went and got signees along the O line who apparently were SEC ready from day one. If I'm not mistaken they started 3 true freshmen on the O- line last season, and arguably have the best O- line in the country this season. I'm not saying we don't have potential, but personally I'm not seeing elite talent along our front. 

We seem to be able to recruit exceptional talent at the WR position, but O-line recruiting has not been very good lately.

I believe that LSU's defense is faster, stronger and deeper than Washington's. Their front 7 are almost certainly going to be more athletic than Washington's. You just don't get DLs on the West Coast like we have here, not on average. But if you put LSU's starting DBs up against Washington's, I'd be surprised if they are significantly better. And I know Aranda is a really good coach, but Washington's D is well-coached and disciplined, too. 

I think we might perform better for various reasons but I believe that LSU will have a better defense than Washington. 

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

If CCL is still here.  If successful, he easily could be tempted with a HC job.

His potential is why I picked him as my man crush.  I think he already has influenced Gus in this year’s offense and will continue through out the season.  I’m hoping to see more QB development during the Arky and So Miss games to the point we have a confident #2 QB and more of a rotation at RB than we’ve had in recent years.

It maybe difficult at RB as Gus has stated he wants a 1000 yd rusher for the 10th year in a row, but hope that the season dictates the needs rather than a personal goal.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Steele doesn't have guys who have to touch the ball on every single play. 

So, from this I would guess you thinks it’s futile to try to develop offensive skill players?  I can see why we have been stagnant on the offensive side of the ball until CCL got here.  :poke:  

35 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Wes does know the program, but he is as much a homer for them as he is Bama.  He said yesterday that their O will not have any issues scoring against us.  They have avg what 300 yards in their first 2 games?  They didn't break 300 against Miami and our D is 10* better than Miami.  I agree he is much more connected down there and has intimate knowledge of a lot of things there, but between his Crimson & White and Purple & Gold glasses, he has a hard time be objective against either of those teams.

Yeah, that's just silly talk. But, expected considering his son is on their staff. I'm probably going to see him this weekend, so I'll be sure to give him a hard time. 

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

I don't see us having a QB that can lead us any higher than 9 wins next season. A few other areas of concern as well.

And that’s why it is important to develop QBs and RBs during the season with meaningful playing time.  Arky and So. Miss are coming up, I hope we don’t squander these opportunities. 

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It maybe difficult at RB as Gus has stated he wants a 1000 yd rusher for the 10th year in a row, but hope that the season dictates the needs rather than a personal goal.

KJ had the 14th highest YPC among SEC RBs last season. We could very easily have a better, healthier, more effective rotation that gets (at least) one of our RBs to 1,000 yards on far fewer carries than it took KJ.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So, from this I would guess you thinks it’s futile to try to develop offensive skill players?

Why would you guess that? Weird assumption on your part. 

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

:poke: 

This is so annoying, unnecessary and inaccurately aimed. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

IMO, I think there will be some changes. Would not be shocked at all to see NB start at C or Troxell to start somewhere on the OL this week. Troxell is one mean SOB on the field. 

heard the same from my cousin. He's friends w. one of the walk-ons from Briarwood Christian. Great kid off the field, but has a nasty streak

Archived