I know it's only been two games but...

WarDamnEagleWDE

On 9/11/2018 at 6:26 AM, abw0004 said:

Is that a ray of sunshine emitting from your orifice?  Welcome!

tenor (1).giftenor.gif

Sounds dirty....

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

The perfect AUFamily thread.  A little controversial, a little factual, and a lot of derailments.  Is it Saturday yet?

“We don’t have derailments here, just happy accidents.” Yours Truly, B. Ross ?

not gonna read all 12 pages but hopefully come Sunday people will be done with questioning the line play. this line is playing significantly better two games in than what we saw last year. 

23 hours ago, bigbird said:

That said, to me, the biggest issue is a lack of aggressiveness, quickness to the 2nd level, and man on man power.

I know it was ASU, but a lot of our second and third team O linemen were much more physical than our starters last Saturday. In fact, it was like day and night. Especially at center and left tackle. That better change, and fast. 

1 hour ago, shabby said:

not gonna read all 12 pages but hopefully come Sunday people will be done with questioning the line play. this line is playing significantly better two games in than what we saw last year. 

We ALL hope you're right!

20 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well to show you how little concern Southern Miss is to me, I'm going to Notre Dame that day for the ND/Stanford game.  I have zero rooting interest in either team.  Liberty weekend will probably have me at another random game somewhere because they're Liberty.

That's good for you my boy....hope you come back home to see a competitive result 

21 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well to show you how little concern Southern Miss is to me, I'm going to Notre Dame that day for the ND/Stanford game.  I have zero rooting interest in either team.  Liberty weekend will probably have me at another random game somewhere because they're Liberty.

Bare Hands Brewing in Granger was a really friendly, small, very local place and the beer was really good. One of those places where a stranger can walk in and leave an hour later feeling like one of the gang. Bonus points for being right on the state line so you can hop right over for some Short's or other MI brews if so inclined.

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Bare Hands Brewing in Granger was a really friendly, small, very local place and the beer was really good. One of those places where a stranger can walk in and leave an hour later feeling like one of the gang. Bonus points for being right on the state line so you can hop right over for some Short's or other MI brews if so inclined.

Oh I used to live in Michigan.  Wife's family is still there.  Well aware of the beer scene there.  It's pretty amazing.

On 9/11/2018 at 11:46 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

IMO, I think there will be some changes. Would not be shocked at all to see NB start at C or Troxell to start somewhere on the OL this week. Troxell is one mean SOB on the field. 

I think NB will start this weekend. 

On 9/10/2018 at 10:22 AM, AUwent said:

It's a case for concern, but I'd like to keep pointing this out:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense/sort/rushingYards/year/2017

Number one rushing defense last year. They returned nine starters BTW.

Washington: #1 rushing, #19 passing, #5 overall
Louisville: #50 rushing, #77 passing, #58 overall

They also did lose their 6’4” 350 pound defensive tackle Vita Vea who was the #12 overall pick of last years draft. 

Look at Washington's schedule last year. They played 3 decent teams, and they let all of those teams meet or exceed their average rushing output for the season. 

They were a good test in week 1. We'll see far, far better defenses. I'm not sure that LSU is "far better", but it will be more athletic, especially in the front 7. And then MSU will be another test. And then TAMU will be another test. And then.....

On 9/12/2018 at 4:07 PM, shabby said:

No trying to be a smart-ass, but do you still believe this? What I saw yesterday was very discouraging...

6 minutes ago, fredst said:
On 9/12/2018 at 5:07 PM, shabby said:

No trying to be a smart-ass, but do you still believe this? What I saw yesterday was very discouraging...

Well, it is true.  Nobody can question the line play after this game.

The line play was....dare I say..... Shabby?

13 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Well, it is true.  Nobody can question the line play after this game.

The line play was....dare I say..... Shabby?

Agreed. I give WDE his props on calling that. That being said, they still weren't that horrible. Decent enough we were up in the end but the Refs decided to step in to kill any type of game ending drive so LSU gets the ball so they can then dictate the outcome of the game. As I mentioned in another thread. SEC/Media/<insert whatever> got what they wanted yesterday. Auburn out of the way quick so all eyes can be on Bama/UGA and hype train for LSU since they play both. Notice UGA is #2 now over Clemson.

Oh well, I think we'll bounce back and go on the usual mid-season winning streak until UGA. Who the hell knows about that one.

Kim and Horton look *so* badly overmatched. I specifically focused on Kim yesterday. He’s trying hard but just doesn’t have the physical tools; the best he did was stalemate his guy, I didn’t see him get what I would call a “win” on a single play. We will not beat MSU, UGA, or UA if those are the two best guys we have to put out there at those spots, IMO

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Kim and Horton look *so* badly overmatched. I specifically focused on Kim yesterday. He’s trying hard but just doesn’t have the physical tools; the best he did was stalemate his guy, I didn’t see him get what I would call a “win” on a single play. We will not beat MSU, UGA, or UA if those are the two best guys we have to put out there at those spots, IMO

Agree 100%.. go back and look at the 4th and 1 play.. LSU guys were simply not touched. The rb had no chance. 

30 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Agree 100%.. go back and look at the 4th and 1 play.. LSU guys were simply not touched. The rb had no chance. 

And if we kick the FG...we win.

25 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

If it would have gone through the uprights 

Very true.  To me it was too early to chase points.

Archived