I know it's only been two games but...

WarDamnEagleWDE

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

He sounds inexperienced.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. ;)

Why I always film it. So I can see if I'm doing it wrong. Least, that's the reason I give for the camera.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's fine, and I know y'all don't like each other, but multiple times I've had info given to me that has been corroborated through him and his guys.

I highly doubt Coach Grimes, Gus, or any players on the offensive line believe that they’re that bad. So I really don’t care who his “sources” are. The whole thread was unnecessary honestly 

22 minutes ago, clwn said:

Why I always film it. So I can see if I'm doing it wrong. Least, that's the reason I give for the camera.

I'm out of likes, but that's an underrated post right there. :laugh:

11 hours ago, DAG said:

Gus is winning games right now and until proven otherwise there is no reason to think this team can’t or won’t run the table.

Is that a ray of sunshine emitting from your orifice?  Welcome!

tenor (1).giftenor.gif

20 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The OL is going to keep this AU team from being a title contending one. Just not very good. Time isn't going to help. IMO. Going to be a achilles heel for the foreseeable future. 

I will say this:  Each time we count a certain position group out, they end up being one of the best assets to our team.  In 2016, it was the linebackers.  In the 2017 it was the receivers.  This year it is the offensive line.

One thing I think would benefit us is what Ole Miss did against us in 2016.  In that year, their offensive line was terrible, so they did a lot of bubble screens and pop passes.  It worked against us.  Thoughts?

This is just the sunshine in me, but I do believe our line can continue to improve.  They are doing well in pass protection and picking up blitzes fairly well.  Our new usage of the TE will force defenses to stay on him and respect him.  I still believe it can work.

9 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Lack of talent maybe?

We have been taken to the woodshed for at least two years, and probably three now recruiting O linemen

A couple of years ago we did land 5 star Ashley and 4 stars Troxell and Brahms. 

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

The OL from last year to this aren't comparable. JB has a lot of work to do.

We all know last year's O-line had more talent, I thought we were talking about coaching. Agree JB has a lot of work to do, but I do have more confidence in him to get it done than I did Hand.

10 hours ago, clwn said:
11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

No disrespect but you want to make a bet on that. On a side note I hope your right

Sure. Will gladly bet.

I’m thinking @augolf1716 gonna score him some PBRs off of this ?

I'm not sure how much worse the line is right now.  If you go back and watch last year at this time, Kerryon hid some of their deficiencies.  He was so good at making something out of nothing. The line looks real similar to me right now as it did last year at this time, the difference is our running backs aren't helping the line out near as much as Kerryon did.

I'll say this:

Undefeated National Champions is our ceiling

(8-4) is our floor

Not a bad spot to be, but next year our ceiling and floor are much lower.

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

We all know last year's O-line had more talent, I thought we were talking about coaching. Agree JB has a lot of work to do, but I do have more confidence in him to get it done than I did Hand.

Nope you can’t have confidence JB will fix it. WDE has spoken, he said time will not fix it. It’s an Achilles heel for the foreseeable future. Give it a rest and hope Auburn can contend in 2019 or whenever an insider says Auburn can be good on the OL again. This is a joke/sarcasm btw...who the hell knows for sure lets just take one game at a time and see how these kids improve weekly.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'll say this:

(8-4) is our floor

Man, I so want that(this year) to be us every year, if you’re correct

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'll say this:

(8-4) is our floor

Next year’s ceiling and floor doesn’t have to be lower if CCL can develop his offensive talent like Steele develops his defensive talent. 

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Next year’s ceiling and floor doesn’t have to be lower if CCL can develop his offensive talent like Steele develops his defensive talent. 

If CCL is still here.  If successful, he easily could be tempted with a HC job.

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

No disrespect but you want to make a bet on that. On a side note I hope your right

My assessment I put here was from watching and from some people who have talked to some of the coaches. Even JB Grimes. Get mad all you want and think its part of some agenda but it is what it is. As of right now, 9/11/2018, there is much speculation as to how much talent is really there at the OL. I never said that they wouldn't get better. Just, as I said after the spring, that the OL would be a problem and would be the main reason AU would have a problem at making a championship run. 

Lets see if they man up and push the LSU front. I hope they do. I know for a fact that Grimes isn't happy with the play of the OL against ASU. The opposite. No matter how many rushing yards AU got. 

11 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Which goes to show you that individual talent on an OL, within reason, is not as important as how well the OL can perform as a cohesive unit. 

You need talent & cohesion for an OL to play well against good competition. They are both important.

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don't see us having a QB that can lead us any higher than 9 wins next season. A few other areas of concern as well.

11 hours ago, corchjay said:

maybe he does maybe he doesn't.... just know he talks in generalities and everything he speaks of is either an attack on a coach he doesn't approve of or information that is already out on other internet sites.  

Plus I have heard specific information that directly contradicts somethings he's heard.  

There's no maybe about it. He does. Now that doesn't mean everything he knows or posts comes to pass but this is football. Nobody's info always comes to pass but his does very often.

21 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Steele doesn't have guys who have to touch the ball on every single play. 

I will say one more thing about the O-line. If anyone thought replacing Smith and Golson would be easy or that there was anybody on the team that could replace them they were fooling themselves. 

What WDE has stated is nothing new and shouldn’t be controversial - it’s just the facts. This is Malzahn’s worst OL since he’s been at Auburn. And if we don’t recruit better on the OL starting this year, then it will be an Achilles heel going forward. 

With that said - I have a feeling that we will starting seeing Brahm at C, Ashley at RG, and Troxell at RT as starters in the next few games. The current starters are physically limited, but I think these 3 guys can take us to another level. Certain they will need more experience, but I think this OL gives us the most talent.

29 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

My assessment I put here was from watching and from some people who have talked to some of the coaches. Even JB Grimes. Get mad all you want and think its part of some agenda but it is what it is. As of right now, 9/11/2018, there is much speculation as to how much talent is really there at the OL. I never said that they wouldn't get better. Just, as I said after the spring, that the OL would be a problem and would be the main reason AU would have a problem at making a championship run. 

Lets see if they man up and push the LSU front. I hope they do. I know for a fact that Grimes isn't happy with the play of the OL against ASU. The opposite. No matter how many rushing yards AU got. 

As always, thank you for your input.

27 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Biggest thing I like from this? 

That Grimes isn't happy with the play of the OL. If he was satisfied with that, I would be extremely worried. Always find something to improve upon.  

Archived