I know it's only been two games but...

WarDamnEagleWDE

26 minutes ago, Ronin said:

Aren’t these what most people call “sources?”

I just see tidbits from people connected to the program. Guys like WDE are the ones who have sources.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more concerned with fumbles, the running backs not breaking any(many) tackles, and the wide receivers not getting separation consistently.   

The OL can get a lot better and need to.  They need to improve every week.  Will it be good enough to run the table?  I have no idea but after 2 games we definitely don't have enough data to say they aren't good enough or talented enough.  I thought before the season it would take 4-6 games to understand fully what the OL could or couldn't do as a unit and as individuals.  I think we need to wait til then before we pass judgement on them.  

15 minutes ago, clwn said:

What a load of horse***t. This team is good and will continue to grow. 13+ wins.

Just because you don't agree doesn't make WDEWDE wrong. Some of us who have no personal sources come here to learn and gather info. You could  be correct with your prediction but based on history I give WDEWDE much credence in his info and posts. 

35 minutes ago, clwn said:

What a load of horse***t. This team is good and will continue to grow. 13+ wins.

No disrespect but you want to make a bet on that. On a side note I hope your right

5 hours ago, eulessau said:

Was actually referring to WDEWDE’s statement not you  Ellitor.  Not saying either of you is wrong, but that it would make sense to see what happens against LSU before judging this line.

Also, for anyone to say that this OL won’t likely improve, seems a bit rigid to me.  Most people seem to feel that Grimes is an excellent teacher.  Why wouldn’t they get better?

Lack of talent maybe?

We have been taken to the woodshed for at least two years, and probably three now recruiting O linemen

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Thought he look pretty good considering how long he has been away from football. He needs to be ready for next year. 

He's a mature and experienced (at the professional level) athlete. 

It would not surprise me at all if he stepped up bigly this year, given the opportunity.

All a title contending Auburn has to be to reach that goal is to split with a UGA team that does seem a little easier defensively and a UA team with one of their weaker pass rushes in recent memory. At least one of those two should be a shootout and we do have slightly more experience than those two offensive talent wise. 

10-2 is potentially title contending wise, I dont see enough to say this Auburn team cant reach that lol. And im usually fairly hard on auburn

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

All a title contending Auburn has to be to reach that goal is to split with a UGA team that does seem a little easier defensively and a UA team with one of their weaker pass rushes in recent memory. At least one of those two should be a shootout and we do have slightly more experience than those two offensive talent wise. 

10-2 is potentially title contending wise, I dont see enough to say this Auburn team cant reach that lol. And im usually fairly hard on auburn

10-2 won't get us an SEC West title this year.  That would mean two conference losses.  Bama's not losing more than once.  Only reason 10-2 did last year was because we lost to a non-conference team.

10-2 will get us another NY6 Bowl though (probably Sugar or Fiesta).

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The OL can be whatever but I truly pray (unless he's REALLY good) we dont have to depend on Cord

At least not this year. None of the back ups are ready but what is your beef with Cord? Haha

6 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Yeah you’re right. The OL was so much better at this time last year. They only gave up 12 sacks to Clemson 

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Braden & Golson were much more talented than anything we have on the OL this year plus Dunn was an experienced C who did well once he got going. Take or leave what I'm posting but the info is not mine. It comes from people who know much more about this team than most of us.

Which goes to show you that individual talent on an OL, within reason, is not as important as how well the OL can perform as a cohesive unit. 

Just throw the whole dang season away based on WDE and his sources. Great online play is required to compete at a championship level in this league. The online is a young and a bit inexperienced plus with a new coach. They are going to be some growing pains. There are going to be some mistakes but I trust JB to have them playing hard and nasty, and getting better each week win or lose...

9 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Just throw the whole dang season away based on WDE and his sources. Great online play is required to compete at a championship level in this league. The online is a young and a bit inexperienced plus with a new coach. They are going to be some growing pains. There are going to be some mistakes but I trust JB to have them playing hard and nasty, and getting better each week win or lose...

And if he has any real sources I can assure you one of them isn't coach Grimes which would be the person most important in knowing the opinion of for how the OL is playing and their talent level.  

Just now, bigbird said:

He does.

maybe he does maybe he doesn't.... just know he talks in generalities and everything he speaks of is either an attack on a coach he doesn't approve of or information that is already out on other internet sites.  

Plus I have heard specific information that directly contradicts somethings he's heard.  

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

maybe he does maybe he doesn't.... just know he talks in generalities and everything he speaks of is either an attack on a coach he doesn't approve of or information that is already out on other internet sites.  

Plus I have heard specific information that directly contradicts somethings he's heard.  

That's fine, and I know y'all don't like each other, but multiple times I've had info given to me that has been corroborated through him and his guys.

Archived