I know it's only been two games but...

WarDamnEagleWDE

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Very true.  To me it was too early to chase points.

Kinda like going for 2 against UW? IMO, both strange and poor coaching decisions....

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bigbird said:

And if we kick the FG...we win.

I feel like we still would have lost. If we had the field goal they would have gone for a touchdown in the final minute instead of bleed the clock and kick the goal. And the way that drive was going, I don’t believe we would have stopped them

I know they're still freshmen, but I'm really disappointed with Troxell's and Ashley's lack of development (as well as everyone else on our line not named Harrell, for that matter). Hand primarily responsible for that?

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

I know they're still freshmen, but I'm really disappointed with Troxell's and Ashley's lack of development (as well as everyone else on our line not named Harrell, for that matter). Hand primarily responsible for that?

To be fair, AT was injured and this is really his first chance.  Also, he is pushing to start and is significantly nastier than anyone we have playing OL.

On 9/12/2018 at 9:43 AM, DAG said:

We got some serious forum beef. Let’s get it all out. 

giphy.gifTrey way!

This was a great post, look at that clown. These guys can't beef right. Bunch of mumble posters. You mean to tell me corchj is bullying people ?. I was like Pac with my beefing.....the good ol days when we weren't ever nervous about a wack o line

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To be fair, AT was injured and this is really his first chance.  Also, he is pushing to start and is significantly nastier than anyone we have playing OL.

Why are veterans like Horton, Kim, Sharp, Tega and Sammons not living up to the standards set by our OLs of the past? 

18 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Why are veterans like Horton, Kim, Sharp, Tega and Sammons not living up to the standards set by our OLs of the past? 

Honestly, I truly believe it is soley due to Hand.  He spent more time rotating and switching players and positions that the younger guys have never developed.  From what I know, OL is one of the most rep important positions.  If one is spending a 3rd of the time at 3 different positions, one loses all of the opportunities to work, screw up, be corrected, fight through, and figure out how to play. 

Also, Hand prefers a zone blocking scheme and had really focused more on the scheme and cross training rather than the necessary details. Gus had always run a gap based blocking scheme with elements of zone blocking. I haven't really payed that close of attention to what were running now.  If we have gone away from a pure zone blocking scheme, that could be another reason.

https://mgoblog.com/content/what-gap-blocking-vs-zone

https://www.xandolabs.com/conceptblockingsystem/member/blockgap.html

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

This was a great post, look at that clown. These guys can't beef right. Bunch of mumble posters. You mean to tell me corchj is bullying people ?. I was like Pac with my beefing.....the good ol days when we weren't ever nervous about a wack o line

Who am I bullying?  

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Honestly, I truly believe it is soley due to Hand.  He spent more time rotating and switching players and positions that the younger guys have never developed.  From what I know, OL is one of the most rep important positions.  If one is spending a 3rd of the time at 3 different positions, one loses all of the opportunities to work, screw up, be corrected, fight through, and figure out how to play. 

Also, Hand prefers a zone blocking scheme and had really focused more on the scheme and cross training rather than the necessary details. Gus had always run a gap based blocking scheme with elements of zone blocking. I haven't really payed that close of attention to what were running now.  If we have gone away from a pure zone blocking scheme, that could be another reason.

all I know is Prince Tega was hyped all summer like he was Jason Peters 2.0 

This is why I like to play the waiting game. Learned the hard way with JS. Experience is the best teacher.

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

This is what I was saying as far as if my kid had already been moved to 3 positions it would cause concern. 

7 hours ago, DAG said:

all I know is Prince Tega was hyped all summer like he was Jason Peters 2.0 

This is why I like to play the waiting game. Learned the hard way with JS. Experience is the best teacher.

I still have hope for JS. 

On 9/16/2018 at 4:54 PM, bigbird said:

And if we kick the FG...we win.

Maybe, maybe not.  LSUs last drive once they were within FG range was to kill the clock and win with the FG.  If they were down 5, they would have just been playing for a TD instead.  And would have likely PI'd all the way down the field.

23 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Maybe, maybe not.  LSUs last drive once they were within FG range was to kill the clock and win with the FG.  If they were down 5, they would have just been playing for a TD instead.  And would have likely PI'd all the way down the field.

A TD is much more difficult to score than a FG.

Stidham still looks like a work in progress.  Heck, the whole team (with the possible exception of the starting LBs) looks like a work in progress.  The loss Saturday stung, but I'm not giving up on this season yet.

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

I do too. I need to stop whining about him. 

Your frustrations are well placed. We all hoped he would evolve out of some of these problems. Hopefully these are cobwebs he's shaking off. We'll see. 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Your frustrations are well placed. We all hoped he would evolve out of some of these problems. Hopefully these are cobwebs he's shaking off. We'll see. 

How badly does JS want to be an NFL QB?  Serious question.  He is engaged to a girl with an ocean of money and might just be having the time of his life.  I have never seen the kid angry.  I have never seen him get upset.  I have never seen him get in someones ass when they screw up.  I have yet to see the fire that the really good QB's have when the game is on the line and put his team on his back and show some real emotion.  Different people show things different ways but I just have not seen any outward emotion when a loss happens or an interception is thrown, or when an OL keeps messing up.  The QB is the leader of the team.  As a competitor I am just not seeing that fire.  Even Matt Ryan goes off on things and he is considered to be way too laid back.

22 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

How badly does JS want to be an NFL QB?  Serious question.  He is engaged to a girl with an ocean of money and might just be having the time of his life.  I have never seen the kid angry.  I have never seen him get upset.  I have never seen him get in someones ass when they screw up.  I have yet to see the fire that the really good QB's have when the game is on the line and put his team on his back and show some real emotion.  Different people show things different ways but I just have not seen any outward emotion when a loss happens or an interception is thrown, or when an OL keeps messing up.  The QB is the leader of the team.  As a competitor I am just not seeing that fire.  Even Matt Ryan goes off on things and he is considered to be way too laid back.

A few of us- maybe you included- have diplomatically suggested that the best thing Nix might bring to the table is exactly all of this that you, I and presumably others aren't currently seeing. 

23 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Nick Marshall was a laid back leader.  Well now that I think about it, he really didn't have a reason to get mad at his OL.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:45 AM, NorthGATiger said:

Well we kinda saw that in this game when there was miscommunication and he was pissed at Gus. I know exactlyy what you mean though. There was a clip shown where he got into NCM for not running a route correctly on practice though. 

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

Threads that are aging well for $500, Alex ...

IDK why everyone got on WDE about this. Like people actually think he WANTS to come in here with bad news?! hell no. Dude is AU to the core. He is connected and knows his stuff. Unfortunately for us it turned out to be right again. OL is garbage and cannot even block frickin arkansas. Embarrassing. 

IMO there isn't a poster on here that has given more day to day info than WDE. I don't see how people can really feel confident on arguing with him on things that's objective based.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:45 AM, NorthGATiger said:

Stidham reminds me alot of Josh Rosen to where if they just never had football, life would still be pretty great, and maybe that plays a factor. Stidham is a TX kid who probably loved seeing the flashy big time B12 offenses and maybe its a culture shock being here and playing this agonizing, gritty pace/style of play, who knows. I cant say he doesnt love the game, but maybe he doesnt love this particular variation of it we play. 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Stidham reminds me alot of Josh Rosen to where if they just never had football, life would still be pretty great, and maybe that plays a factor. Stidham is a TX kid who probably loved seeing the flashy big time B12 offenses and maybe its a culture shock being here and playing this agonizing, gritty pace/style of play, who knows. I cant say he doesnt love the game, but maybe he doesnt love this particular variation of it we play. 

Getting engaged probably is the issue...

Archived