Scouting Report: The LSU Tigers Offense

WFE12

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Another great in-depth, extensive analysis from AUNerd. Link

Their offensive line looks terrible. Really sluggish off the snap and struggling with speed.

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Their offensive line looks terrible. Really sluggish off the snap and struggling with speed.

Reminds me a lot of Arkansas OL the last few seasons. Big slow players who will get the snot knocked out of them by Brown, Cole, Davidson, Williams, and the rest of the wrecking crew we have on the DL. Our defense is much better than their offense, and their defense is not as good as our offense.

I have a lot of confidence in our D vs their O!

IF, and that’s a big IF, our OL has developed enough to win the LOS vs their DL, this will be a blowout!    If not, I think Stid makes enough plays for us to win a defensive struggle.  

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I have a lot of confidence in our D vs their O!

IF, and that’s a big IF, our OL has developed enough to win the LOS vs their DL, this will be a blowout!    If not, I think Stid makes enough plays for us to win a defensive struggle.  

*knocking on wood while typing this*

If LSU breaks 20 points then something went terribly wrong (miscommunications, foolish penalties giving them a scoring opportunity, broken special teams coverage, etc.).

Considering they barely broke 30 against defenses inferior to our own I think that’s reasonable. Derrick Brown needs to have a Nick Fairley like presence in this game.

My question will be how well our offense operates. Haven’t minded the play calling so much this year but the blocking has to be halfway decent. 

Archived