Woman accuses Kavanaugh of sexual assault decades ago

Proud Tiger

42 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

@AUDub

Samantha Guerry was the friend of Ford on CNN that didn't corroborate the drinking. She didn't speak about the party and or deny it. My bad on confusing the two. But she didn't corroborate the drinking part of the story.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1809/19/wolf.02.html

It was Mark Judge, who you named that didn't corroborate the party and doesn't remember a party like Ford has alleged.

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-09-18 Judge to Grassley, Feinstein (Kavanaugh Nomination).pdf

Go check the excerpts from Mr. Judge's book, particularly regarding his escapades with one "Bart O'Kavanaugh." 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, AUDub said:

And I'm cynical enough to know that's bull****. It's all about saving face right now. Otherwise, a wait for a brief investigation wouldn't be a deal breaker. 

And another thing, yeah, the Dems are obviously acting more on politics than any noble interest right now, but that goes the same for the Rs. Simultaneously acting like they want to investigate it while calling the bare minimum of witnesses is pretty damn vile.

15 minutes ago, AUDub said:

And I'm cynical enough to know that's bull****. It's all about saving face right now. Otherwise, a wait for a brief investigation wouldn't be a deal breaker. 

Yes. It is. She's in ******* hiding right now. A little time to be sure it's done in a fair manner is a small ask. The Rs still have time. Even if Kavanaugh is withdrawn, they can still ram through a candidate with conservative cred every bit as good as his with less baggage. 

The FBI could reopen its background investigation on Kavanaugh on its own according Sarah Baker, a former White House associate counsel under President Barack Obama. Why haven't they?

Again, why ram through another candidate when Kavanaugh has yet to be proven unworthy?

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

And another thing, yeah, the Dems are obviously acting more on politics than any noble interest right now, but that goes the same for the Rs. Simultaneously acting like they want to investigate it while calling the bare minimum of witnesses is pretty damn vile.

I hate the political theatre. Happens daily nonetheless. 

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

The FBI could reopen its background investigation on Kavanaugh on its own according Sarah Baker, a former White House associate counsel under President Barack Obama. Why haven't they?

It's pretty straightforward. That order has to come from the WH. 

Again, why ram through another candidate when Kavanaugh has yet to be proven unworthy?

Because that would be the politically expedient thing to do. 

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I hate the political theatre. Happens daily nonetheless. 

But, lost in all the noise, Dr. Ford's claim may have merit. Hence why I prefer an investigation. 

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It's pretty straightforward. That order has to come from the WH. 

Because that would be the politically expedient thing to do. 

I'm no expert on the matter, but that is incorrect according to Ms. Baker a former White House associate counsel under President Barack Obama. 

And if proven Dr. Ford misrepresented the facts? Just oh well?

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

But, lost in all the noise, Dr. Ford's claim may have merit. Hence why I prefer an investigation. 

Perhaps, which is why she should testify. 

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I'm no expert on the matter, but that is incorrect according to Ms. Baker a former White House associate counsel under President Barack Obama. 

Then why would she be excoriating the GOP here?

Keep in mind who the FBI answers to. 

And if proven Dr. Ford misrepresented the facts? Just of well?

Then he'll fall back into a six figure job on an appellate court or some lobbying firm with a potentially even more conservative judge on the court in his place. 

Poor guy. /sarc

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

What baggage does BK have Ben?

Being accused of attempted rape is pretty hefty.

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Perhaps, which is why she should testify. 

Doing it on the GOP's current terms would be an exercise in idiocy. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Then why would she be excoriating the GOP here?

Keep in mind who the FBI answers to. 

Then he'll fall back into a six figure job on an appellate court or some lobbying firm with a potentially even more conservative on the court in his place. 

Poor guy. /sarc

She is the one who stated the FBI could reopen an investigation on their own.

Poor guy? Come on man. 

Bedtime. 6am start tomorrow. Final thoughts for the evening. I  am all for an investigation if she is credible in testimony before the committee. I hope justice is served. We all deserve that. 

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

She is the one who stated the FBI could reopen an investigation on their own.

And if she said that, she’s wrong. Someone has to direct them to do it, if the SJC won’t, that falls on the WH 

Poor guy? Come on man.

It’s hard for me to feel bad for him. He’ll come out of this OK, no matter the outcome. 

Bedtime. 6am start tomorrow. Final thoughts for the evening. I  am all for an investigation if she is credible in testimony before the committee. I hope justice is served. We all deserve that. 

If she shows up on Monday they’ll try to make it he said/she said. An FBI investigation is appropriate ( they do background checks) and precedent (Anita Hill). A bunch of octogenarian gop men trying to ram their candidate through isn’t a fair hearing without calling all of the necessary witnesses. They know this. 

36 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Go check the excerpts from Mr. Judge's book, particularly regarding his escapades with one "Bart O'Kavanaugh." 

Yeah it says that "Bart O' Kavanaugh" vomited in someone's car. It doesn't link him to any specific party or incident involving a woman. Him vomiting in a car and Judge saying in his book that there were beach parties and that his high school was "swimming in alcohol" don't connect the dots to the Ford story. if that's what you're getting at.

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

obviously enough for you to consider it "baggage". 

Yep. Put Barrett on the court. She’s not palatable to me either, but my objection to her is political, not moral. 

Just now, Auburnfan91 said:

Yeah it says that "Bart O' Kavanaugh" vomited in someone's car. It doesn't link him to any specific party or incident involving a woman. Him vomiting in a car and Judge saying in his book that there were beach parties and that his high school was "swimming in alcohol" don't connect the dots to the Ford story. if that's what you're getting at.

It’s an indicator. The phrase “I do not recall” takes on a whole new meaning at that point. 

6 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Him vomiting in a car and Judge saying in his book that there were beach parties and that his high school was "swimming in alcohol" don't connect the dots to the Ford story. if that's what you're getting at.

I had a date with a Phi Mu in Auburn once that vomited in my car, between in her legs, in her lap, all over her dress. We also had "beach parties" in the spring. Of course we were like 19 or 20.

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

So you have decided based on an accusation.

Yes. They were both unpalatable to me to begin with.

It’s a job interview, not the court of law, and there’s no “beyond a reasonable doubt” standard here. Before the accusation, there was little difference between Barrett and Kavanaugh to me (except for Kavanaugh’s known views on the extent of executive power), though I would have preferred Kavanaugh. The calculus changed with a credible accusation.

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I had a date with a Phi Mu in Auburn once that vomited in my car, between in her legs, in her lap, all over her dress. We also had "beach parties" in the spring. Of course we were like 19 or 20.

Judge used the phrase “blackout drunk.” At that point, “I do not recall” becomes a statement of fact. 

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Although I have doubts about "credible"

The therapist notes put me over the edge. 

I feel sure you are proud to see these accusations.

This may very well lead to a worse outcome for me politically, but I’m OK with that so long as we don’t risk putting someone who attempted to rape somebody on the court. 

Archived