2020 4* RB Tank Bigsby Commits To AU!

ellitor

I'd like to have Tank sign with Auburn, but kids that put qualifications on their prospective schools (I want to be in a one RB class) leave me underwhelmed. Jax State would probably be happy to make that promise to him, maybe he should check them out.

I hope we're still putting a solid effort into landing our other RB prospects. I think we'll be needing one or more of them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

After reading the article I get the strange feeling he's looking for a larger fish (in his mind) to offer or come around on him.

I think you’re right. Not sure why some willingly accept being the “holler back at you” recruit is acceptable when 99% would take him in a heart beat. 

• Like 1

I remember Cadillac's recruitment. ALL the coaches showed up at his house, and told him that if he signed, he'd be the only RB they'd take.  It worked.  May be time to dust off that playbook.  Use the other schollie at a position of more need.

26 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I remember Cadillac's recruitment. ALL the coaches showed up at his house, and told him that if he signed, he'd be the only RB they'd take.  It worked.  May be time to dust off that playbook.  Use the other schollie at a position of more need.

If this kid is anything like Caddy, I'd support that. I'd be awfully surprised if that's the case, though. 

• Like 3

Of course you can never count on any recruit to be as good as Caddy. But we have plenty of depth at RB.  We don't need numbers. Taking one outstanding guy would be fine this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Of course you can never count on any recruit to be as good as Caddy. But we have plenty of depth at RB.  We don't need numbers. Taking one outstanding guy would be fine this year.

Oh, totally agree on numbers. I thought you were suggesting we need to put the full court press on this guy in particular.

Maybe he's head and shoulders above our other realistic candidates but I'm inclined to agree with Mikey that maybe we don't need to cater to a guy who has an expressed desire to be a One Man Wolf Pack for 2020.

Or if we only room for a party of one, maybe it doesn't matter if he wants to dine alone. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Or if we only room for a party of one, maybe it doesn't matter if he wants to dine alone. 

The plan is a 1 RB class barring attrition FWIW.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The plan is a 1 RB class barring attrition FWIW.

Thanks for confirming, that's what I figured.

The more I think about it, the more I come around to the idea that it might not matter if this guy wants to be the only RB in the class wherever he goes. Like, when kids say that, it sounds some kind of way for some reason. But maybe it shouldn't. Maybe there's nothing wrong at all with saying that and maybe it has no bearing on what kind of player and teammate he is. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks for confirming, that's what I figured.

The more I think about it, the more I come around to the idea that it might not matter if this guy wants to be the only RB in the class wherever he goes. Like, when kids say that, it sounds some kind of way for some reason. But maybe it shouldn't. Maybe there's nothing wrong at all with saying that and maybe it has no bearing on what kind of player and teammate he is. 

I don't think it matters either, I'm leaning towards E's opinion of him waiting on a bigger offer.  If the 1RB in the class thing was true, he shouldn't be still looking at USC as they already have a higher ranked RB committed thats pretty much the same size (MarShawn Lloyd).

That being said I'd love to land Tank.  I went back and looked back at our RB recruiting recently (to 2017) and of our 2 highest rated backs 1 was converted to DB and the other transferred this year.  Makes no sense to me. 

1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

If the 1RB in the class thing was true, he shouldn't be still looking at USC as they already have a higher ranked RB committed thats pretty much the same size (MarShawn Lloyd)

Yeah but they have also been his leader for a very long time. Getting another RB doesn’t mean they automatically stop being considered. If that was the case he wouldn’t made a four hour trip up there Saturday. Also something can be an importan factor without necessarily being the deciding factor. It’s just a factor that’s potentially helping us right now. The reason why I said he might be looking for another offer or another school to come around is  because he made so many visits this month just to say he doesn’t know where he wants to go & just wait things out. Kind of doesn’t make sense to take so many visits giving the perception of wanting to end things soon and then waiting And say he’ still wide open..

• Thanks 1

How much bigger if an offer could he be looking for

AU, UGA, Bama, Clemson, FSU, Gators, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Ohio St, ND, & USC among others

• Thanks 1

Just now, tbone4jc said:

AU, UGA, Bama, Clemson, FSU, Gators, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Ohio St, ND, & USC among others

Are all of those committable?

47 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

45 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Are all of those committable?

0Lcva3.gif

Clemson has their 2 RBs.
Bama & UGA are working harder on Zachary Evans (Bama trending) & Kendall Milton (UGA trending)
Tank's not feeling the rest right now even with most likely being committable.

• Like 1

Where are we with the Toafili kid?

I'd be comfortable promising him a one RB class if he commits. If he wants to dilly-dally, we should continue to press other guys. Assuming we land either of our top two targets (Bigsby or Toafili), I would take either as a single-back signing class. Given our success over the last two years, I just don't think we need multiple signees at RB unless we miss on both of our top targets.

So - Whitlow and Shivers
Fr - Williams and Anthony-Richards
Signee - Bigsby OR Toafili

That's plenty of bodies. So I would be inclined to promise him what he wants so long as he shuts his recruitment down.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, toddc said:

Where are we with the Toafili kid?

Nothing new on him in a while. Probably still in his top group.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

I went back and looked back at our RB recruiting recently (to 2017) and of our 2 highest rated backs 1 was converted to DB and the other transferred this year.  Makes no sense to me. 

Dont forget the 3rd back we took that season. Harold Joiner was a higher rated RB coming out of high school than Asa and Worm.  HJ is now a HB and not a RB.

I hope we land Tank. Yeah we have bodies in the RB room. We have bodies on the OL as well. That doesnt mean we have the talent there. 

Think about it..

Barrett is a DB. KMart will be a senior. JH is a HB. Asa is gone. Boobie, Worm, MAR, and DJ are the only scholarship RBs on campus who will be on the team in 2020.

We can definitely use a talent like Tank. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

HJ is now a HB and not a RB

Actually he's a swiss army knife expected to be used at numerous positions per the latest reports on him.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Actually he's a swiss army knife expected to be used at numerous positions per the latest reports on him.

And if we did run into another crazy rash of injuries, Joiner could play RB full time. 

Him, Whitlow, Worm, DJ, MAR... 2 sophomores and 3 freshmen. Awesome. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tank Bigsby made The 2019 Opening Finals Dream Team

RB: Tank Bigsby (50 in the 247Sports Composite)

Notre Dame commit Chris Tyree was a close runner-up to this spot because of his 20 catches out of the backfield but we gave the nod to Bigsby because of the five times he found the end zone. It’s also worth noting that as a big back at 6-foot, 210 pounds, Bigsby was surprisingly effective not only catching out of the backfield but running routes beyond just the check down. He was a matchup problem for opponents because of his versatility.

Link

2 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

Tank Bigsby made The 2019 Opening Finals Dream Team

Link

The more I watch his film, read articles like this the more I like him. First the name Tank Bigsby, then the size to match the name, the production last year and now they are talking about how good he is out of the backfield. He is the total package. I know Taofili is our first choice but Tank is my first choice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I know Taofili is our first choice

Not over Tank.  Gus is all in on Tank.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not over Tank.  Gus is all in on Tank.

CGM needs a Tank to make way for the Gus-bus!

• 2 weeks later...