2020 4* RB Tank Bigsby Commits To AU!

ellitor

30 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Bagman rolling.

Good to see you posting again.  Welcome back!

• Love 1

So after last year's haul, and with Horton replaced by Caddy, and if we get Bigsby... I don't think you're going to hear any sane person complain about our RB recruiting until after NSD. I know that all of my prior complaints have been addressed. All kudos to Gus if we land this guy or another true blue chip RB in this class. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So after last year's haul, and with Horton replaced by Caddy, and if we get Bigsby... I don't think you're going to hear any sane person complain about our RB recruiting until after NSD. I know that all of my prior complaints have been addressed. All kudos to Gus if we land this guy or another true blue chip RB in this class. 

Not to discount everything else, but the program is moving in a good direction. Just need to be able to translate the off-the-field successes onto the field. Unfortunately, we've learned that is easier said than done. 

• Like 3

Wow. No CBs a few days ago, and all the sudden, AU is overwhelming favorite on CB. 

Whatever happens, amazing job by Coach Cadillac... If he gets him, that's three 4* backs in 2 years...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Tank, Goodwin, And ???

Included DJ Williams in that because of the late commitment last year. I remembered you saying MAR had his mind pretty much made up for the majority of last year before committing, but it seems like Caddy did a lot of work for DJ, so that's how I got 3.

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Included DJ Williams in that because of the late commitment last year. I remembered you saying MAR had his mind pretty much made up for the majority of last year before committing, but it seems like Caddy did a lot of work for DJ, so that's how I got 3.

The glimmer of Cadillac in Gus' eye was enough to land DJ. That's what I choose to believe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Auburn trending big for elite RB target

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 

9315344.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs Tank Bigsby (Photo: 247Sports)

In his first recruiting cycle as an Auburn assistant, running backs coach Cadillac Williams might be about to strike gold in Georgia. Right now, the Tigers are trending -- and trending big -- for the No. 31 overall recruit in the industry generated 247Sports Composite.

That player is Tank Bigsby, a running back from Hogansville (Ga.) Callaway. And ... he is scheduled to announce his college choice Friday evening at 5:30 CT.

Bigsby is the No. 7 back in the country and would be an enormous get for Williams, himself once a highly touted running back recruit. Williams ultimately signed with Auburn over Alabama and Tennessee and went on to have a huge career with the Tigers. Later, he was offensive Rookie of the Year in the NFL for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Now, he's doing his best to land Bigsby. According to our sources, Williams has become tight both with Bigsby and his mother.

At one point earlier this year, Bigsby was close to picking South Carolina. Earlier this summer, Georgia seemed to have some momentum.

Now, it looks as though the Tigers are in solid position to get him.

Should Williams land Bigsby, it actually would be his second running back commit with Auburn but first in the 2020 class. In May, 4-star back Armoni Goodwin of Hewitt-Trussville (Ala.) gave his verbal to the Tigers. He's a 2021 recruit.

As of Monday at noon, there were 15 picks for Bigbsy in the 247Sports Crystal Ball and 80 percent of them are for the Tigers.

That's a big shift from where things stood the last weekend in July. At that time, there wasn't a single pick in for the Tigers. Every pick either was for Georgia or South Carolina.

In June, Bigsby visited Auburn four times. Then, he was back at Auburn on July 27 and stayed overnight -- after some reported he was expected at Georgia that weekend. The following day, Auburn Undercover recruiting insider Keith Niebuhr put in a pick for Auburn -- the first for the Tigers.

Six days later another projection to Auburn finally came in. And, that was one big because it was from Dawgs247 recruiting insider Kipp Adams, who covers Georgia recruiting. Soon, more picks to Auburn followed. Two notable predictions came -- the ones from 247Sports' South Carolina site.

Monday morning, 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong also projected Auburn to land Bigsby.

If Bigsby commits to Auburn it would continue an incredible run this summer on the recruiting trail by the Tigers. The morning of June 1, Auburn had only six commitments and was 29th in the 247Sports recruiting class rankings. Now, Auburn has 17 verbals and is up to No. 12 after two more commitments came in during the weekend.

Should the Tigers get Bigsby, they would move into the top 10 and based on current calculations could be as high as No. 6.

• Love 1

This would be awesome indeed! We will be loaded at RB and could have the best RB group in the SEC. Caddy is turning into a recruiting machine and a pretty darn good RB coach to boot!

6 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

...and a pretty darn good RB coach to boot!

I'm not saying he won't be, but what has shown you this?

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Just my gut feeling!

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dYtl/pepto-bismol-ultra-coating-pepto-pop-routine 

• Like 1

Man I hope we land him. I know we are trending, but Texas was trending with Chris Thompson. We see how that turned out.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

he did, I know he did.....

lol he hasn't proven to be bad yet either. without even seeing him coach my gut says he is an upgrade over last year.

33 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Man I hope we land him. I know we are trending, but Texas was trending with Chris Thompson. We see how that turned out.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

I definitely agree on the cautiously optimistic part because that is the proper mindset for most big-time recruits. With that said there’s a big difference between the Texas situation with Chris Thompson & our situation here. Down the stretch Texas was losing confidence where as down the stretch here we are gaining in confidence. It’s even to the point where the reporters for the teams of the other finalists have all most all of them flipped  their pics to Auburn.

• Love 2

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I definitely agree on the cautiously optimistic part because that is the proper mindset for most big-time recruits. With that said there’s a big difference between the Texas situation with Chris Thompson & our situation here. Down the stretch Texas was losing confidence where as down the stretch here we are gaining in confidence. It’s even to the point where the reporters for the teams of the other finalists have all most all of them flipped  their pics to Auburn.

as crazy as it sounds did/does Georgia have running backs higher on their board that he is not a priority to them?

2 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

as crazy as it sounds did/does Georgia have running backs higher on their board that he is not a priority to them?

No. They have 1 RB commit & want 2. He is their highest priority for that open spot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Man alive E... 

That makes me happier than an opossum eating persimmons. Smiling ear to ear baby! 

Caddy coaching a Tank. I freaking love that thought.

• Love 1

Being this close to Saban Jr in recruiting is really damn encouraging. I dont think many things have encouraged me about auburn football since 2014ish, but Gus looking at the OL as if it's not some magical self-correcting entity, developing young QBs, and Cadillac? I mean potentially at #6 with like 6-7 spots left? 6 top end, main event type games on the sched? There's alot that can break right within the next year for this program

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Being this close to Saban Jr in recruiting is really damn encouraging. I dont think many things have encouraged me about auburn football since 2014ish, but Gus looking at the OL as if it's not some magical self-correcting entity, developing young QBs, and Cadillac? I mean potentially at #6 with like 6-7 spots left? 6 top end, main event type games on the sched? There's alot that can break right within the next year for this program

Barring some positive rankings movements for our commits later in the cycle 6th is also the ceiling for our class & I would be happy about it.

• Like 2

🎵 We’re gonna have a Tank 🎶 

Bwahaha