2020 4* RB Tank Bigsby Commits To AU!

ellitor

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Barring some positive rankings movements for our commits later in the cycle 6th is also the ceiling for our class & I would be happy about it.

So would I. Very happy.

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So @ellitor, what are the options if LT commits Wednesday to FSU and Kirby has Tank pull a GP on Friday?

• Thanks 1

With the CBs going on Toafili to FSU, doesn't that indicate that the boys talked?   Thus Toafili feeling auburn is 'full'.

3 minutes ago, Beaker said:

With the CBs going on Toafili to FSU, doesn't that indicate that the boys talked?   Thus Toafili feeling auburn is 'full'.

You are fluent in tea leaves.

anyhow...let's stay on point and celebrate Tank and how he could be a legit Heisman candidate at Auburn.   I am not blowing smoke.  Compare him to Dyer, when Dyer was in HS.   I think Bigsby is faster and runs through contact better.   And...Dyer played against smaller kids in Arkansas.  Compare the video and you will see what I mean.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beaker said:

@Beaker Not necessarily. As posted in the Toafili thread the AU staff told Toafili we are getting Tank & are done at RB so he is going ahead & committing to FSU tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Beaker said:

anyhow...let's stay on point and celebrate Tank and how he could be a legit Heisman candidate at Auburn.   I am not blowing smoke.  Compare him to Dyer, when Dyer was in HS.   I think Bigsby is faster and runs through contact better.   And...Dyer played against smaller kids in Arkansas.  Compare the video and you will see what I mean.

And hopefully Tank can progress in a normal manner with a full backfield around him. 

Just for fun, we could go into next fall camp with Boobee, Worm, DJ, MAR, Joiner and Tank. Am I missing anybody? That's 5 legit 3-down backs with the biggest guy on the list as the X factor. And Boobee is the only one on the list who will be draft eligible after this season. 

There will be injuries, somebody might transfer, etc. But that's as stocked as you can hope for the cupboard to be. As bad as 2015 went, we still got 1,000 from Barber, we got almost 700 from Robinson, and we were able to groom KJ very nicely for the years to come. That list above is better on paper than that 2015 group was, and better than anything I can remember since 2003. 

RB is fun to think about again.

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Beaker Not necessarily. As posted in the Toafili thread the AU staff told Toafili we are getting Tank & are done at RB so he is going ahead & committing to FSU tomorrow.

That was backed-up in yesterday's Auburn Sports Rundown podcast.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

wow....That is big news to me.   I haven't read that thread in a long time.   WOW....ok, I see how this thread went down the "flipping" rabbit hole.  

Thanks E

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

That was backed-up in yesterday's Auburn Sports Rundown podcast.

Yup. It's where the info came from. I've referenced it twice & GWill has also.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

So would I. Very happy.

As would the Doc!

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* RB Tank Bigsby (Commit Watch Friday Aug 9, 5:30 CT)
26 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Wiltfong says if we add Tank we'll jump up to number 6 in the rankings?! Wow.

Toafili is gone to FSU, so I hope this one works out the way we think it will!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This kid will be 5 stars by the end of the cycle 

Maybe sooner.

5 hours ago, toddc said:

Toafili is gone to FSU, so I hope this one works out the way we think it will!

FWIW if we somehow miss on Tank the staff is confident we can flip Toafili from FSU.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW if we somehow miss on Tank the staff is confident we can flip Toafili from FSU.

That was my next question to you! Mind reader now?

I think I heard that that crystal balls were all for us with Tank. Not 100% sure but feel good about that.

From the Rivals article this morning:

"Auburn has hosted Bigsby multiple times over the summer. It doesn’t hurt that he has a teammate (Tate Ratlidge) committed to Auburn and that it is the closest school to home."

Did I miss something?

7 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

From the Rivals article this morning:

"Auburn has hosted Bigsby multiple times over the summer. It doesn’t hurt that he has a teammate (Tate Ratlidge) committed to Auburn and that it is the closest school to home."

Did I miss something?

Yeah that is interesting.