The refs in that game should tender their resignations

TitanTiger

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, The Freak said:

There is plenty of time to review the penalties while LSU players are laying around all over the field.

So freaking true.

Games go so long because the stripped shirts think people came to see them. If they kept their flag in their pockets it would take 30 minutes off the length of the game. In a boxing match the best ref is the one you never see. These SEC refs never heard that, they want to be seen. The Dean PI is just one of thousands of examples where the game would be better off if they just let guys play, but yet they have to be seen dropping their little hanky. Slows the flow, makes the game boring and generally is not good for the game. But hey they get their picture on TV. In any event don not talk about how lengthening the game is bad, just tuck your flag in your belt and the game will speed up without you.

4 hours ago, auol72 said:

Games go so long because the stripped shirts think people came to see them. If they kept their flag in their pockets it would take 30 minutes off the length of the game. In a boxing match the best ref is the one you never see.  different sport and completely irrelevant to this discussion.  These SEC refs never heard that, they want to be seen. The Dean PI is just one of thousands of examples where the game would be better off if they just let guys play, but yet they have to be seen dropping their little hanky.  advantage/disadvantage.  So you don't think Dean gains an advantage by taking one of the WR's arms away from him so he can't complete the catch? WOW.  Slows the flow, makes the game boring and generally is not good for the game. But hey they get their picture on TV. In any event don not talk about how lengthening the game is bad, just tuck your flag in your belt and the game will speed up without you.    I never said lengthing the game was bad, I said the networks won't like it.  BIG difference.

That's the most ridiculous rationale I've seen here. You really believe these officials want to be seen? That's just laughable.   Clearly you've never been on the field.  If the rolls were reversed and we had been on offense and that same play happened, everybody would be livid if that hadn't been called.  The officials are out there for a reason.  To ignore things like this means they aren't doing their job.  I'm guessing you just think we should do away with the rule book completely and just let everything be legal? 

8 hours ago, jw 4 au said:

Two things, after many, many years on this board, I appreciate your statement earlier that you understand how many people can conclude that officials may be biased. I have argued with you a few times over the years on this, and don’t recall you ever admitting this. One has to wonder why such the inconsistancy all the time happens with certain officials. In my opinion, SEC officials should not be from SEC schools, period. Hell, fly them in from somewhere else. Take the uncertainty and implication out of it. Secondly, you just said you thought the call was spot on. I am curious if that is your opinion after watching the GIF, or the entire game. My problem is that it was not PI the entire game, not on greedy (x2), not on Iggy in the end zone (same official maybe), so why all of a sudden now at the end of the game when it should open up even more, not get tighter. How can a DB learn all game only to get flagged like that at the end???  That is why it was a BS call to me and that one official is suspect.

But reality is we need to move on and just win out until UGA, then deal with this issue then before the game.  War Eagle!!!

The reality is it wouldn't matter where the officials are from.  The biased argument will never stop.  It's just how it is.   As far as this penalty being spot on, I said it instantly after I saw the replay when the game was on.    I addressed already how it was criminal what they allowed LSU to get away with.  Each call is based on its own merit not  what happened earlier in the game.  This was a good call.  It's just magnified because of when he happened in the game and after letting lsu get away with almost everything.

Archived