The refs in that game should tender their resignations

TitanTiger

21 hours ago, AuMarine said:

Auburn was beat in every position on the field. But like Titan said when the officiating is one sided it is not right. The calls went against us but not LSU.. and the missed calls were obvious and drive killers. If you are going to call it make sure it goes both ways. As bad as we played most of the game, At the end when it counted we ended their drive twice but they were bailed out by PI calls. 

Agreed

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What 247 sports had to say:

AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn's defense didn't come up with the big plays when needed, questionable penalties helped LSU move down the field and the visiting Tigers kicked a 42-yard field goal as time expired to knock off No. 7 Auburn 22-20 inside Jordan-Hare Stadium.

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/-Auburns-defense-hits-wall-offense-stalls-in-loss-to-LSU-121930337/

Again that’s: “questionable penalties helped LSU move down the field”

13 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Regardless of how bad the officials might have been tonight, this is our second game in three that we have had over 100 yards in penatlies. And our second game in a row with at least 2 turnovers. We are playing undisciplined football. If we want to go from good to great, we need to play with more discipline and focus in all phases of the game. 

Yep....we are probably near the bottom of Div 1 in the way of penalty yards per game.....

Why did LSU get a taunting call in the first half several plays after an AU defender got in Burrow's face after a batted down pass?  15 yards is 15 yards, so let's call the Williams hold and the Taunt even.  Timing just did not work in your favor.

BTW, ya'll should re-watch the 2006 game if you want to see refs give this same game to your Tigers.

2 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Every penalty called on us looked correct. Our DB grab and hold like no ones business. Refs know this and look for it: teams will throw on us because of it. We were not the better team today.

And why do you think the Burrow was told to throw long to sidelines all day long?    Because they knew that likely they would either complete it or get the PI.    Good scouting on their part.

1 minute ago, mntiger said:

Why did LSU get a taunting call in the first half several plays after an AU defender got in Burrow's face after a batted down pass?  15 yards is 15 yards, so let's call the Williams hold and the Taunt even.  Timing just did not work in your favor.

BTW, ya'll should re-watch the 2006 game if you want to see refs give this same game to your Tigers.

Thanks for your participation...

2 minutes ago, mntiger said:

What 247 sports had to say:  questionable penalties helped LSU move down the field

Auburn was called for holding twice by the way. LSU wasn’t called one time, I guess they’re just that good?

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Let’s call the office Monday and let them know!!!

Oh I am sure that will really make a difference. More power to you though.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Like it or not, get used to the PI calls. We have been horrible in technique in all 3 of our game this year.  Now we have that reputation and we wont get breaks on calls. The answer: better discipline and better technique. 

You said it. If it doesn't get fixed, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Georgia, and Tua will tear us apart with the pass attack, knowing we have a tendency to interfere. 

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

Oh I am sure that will really make a difference. More power to you though.

Again, from 247 sports. Not Auburn fans but 247 sports: questionable penalties helped LSU move down the field

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

crying about "the refs" is for losers....yeah, there were calls that could have been let go, but if mr. wizard kicks the early FG, high probability AU wins the game...just another loss that should have been a win to chalk up to the 7 million $ man...kinda' getting used to em'

Not defending that 4th down decision, but last year he caught hell all season for kicking FGs on 4th and short in the red zone.  I thought it was a good decision but the play was too slow developing and not very well executed. 

Just now, around4ever said:

Not defending that 4th down decision, but last year he caught hell all season for kicking FGs on 4th and short in the red zone.  I thought it was a good decision but the play was too slow developing and not very well executed. 

Yes! Agreed. 

Does anyone know if this is the same crew that reffed the Clemson/TAMU game? Or were they ACC officials? 

Worst game of officiating I've ever seen. No holding calls in them.  Poor PI calls, no PI on them.  LSU players falling down and stalling the game.  I know some of them may have truly been hurt, but it seems a LOT of their players were hurt. ? Seems like their whole first string defense went out at one point or another.  ?‍♀️

14 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

What 247 sports had to say:  questionable penalties helped LSU move down the field

Auburn was called for holding twice by the way. LSU wasn’t called one time, I guess they’re just that good?

maybe, but its obvious that they are better coached

1 hour ago, Southwest said:

Difference is last year refs didn't give lsu over 40 free yards and multiple drive extending calls to win it last minute

You might want to take another look at the tape.

I’ve watched almost every auburn game since 1994...I’ve never been this angry. It was so bad, I had to leave the house to cold down. I’ve never seen such trash officiating. I’m not mad at Gus, Auburn, or our defense. I’m beside myself at these officials. The no-call on Williams that turned into a touchdown for them followed by the indefensible PI call at the end of the game that pretty much guaranteed an LSU victory was such absolute bullish**. 

1 hour ago, mntiger said:

Gee, I feel better now.

I was at the game and saw exactly what TT did. The refs said you’re welcome btw. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Regardless of how bad the officials might have been tonight, this is our second game in three that we have had over 100 yards in penatlies. And our second game in a row with at least 2 turnovers. We are playing undisciplined football. If we want to go from good to great, we need to play with more discipline and focus in all phases of the game. 

And that comes down to coaching.  Gus.

From inside the stadium, it was clear that this crew was not ready for prime time. From wrongly identified players to poor spots to bad calls, this was a poorly managed and poorly called game. They are clearly using the headsets to communicate with all referees now. I wonder how that effects the referees.

An example was Whitlow's sideline run where he stepped out of bounds. The LSU staff was blocking the view of the ref. However, sideline interference warning wasn't given. Then, Orgeron actually called a timeout to earn a review but the official didn't take it. The ball was respotted in the correct place without any on-field person speaking directly to the referee who spotted the ball. 

Question for one of our board referees that knows positioning. The side judge (ref deep in near side) that missed the obvious PI call on Slayron to kill our drive, where does he move to when the ball changes direction?  Is he still the same sideline or does he move over to the other side when the ball changes direction?  If same sideline, one guy made THREE critical calls in the last 5 minutes of the game. And felt the need to shake his head and comment to Slayton directly. Very unprofessional in my opinion. That side judge needs to be looked at by the SEC but we know that will never happen. Or both of them if they move oppo. 

12 hours ago, around4ever said:

A no- win call for the coaches...well, only about 1/3rd chance of being right but I was good with the call....a score there would have sent a message to LSU and the AU team too.     BUT....even after the stop,  we left LSU backed up on their goal line and most of us (including Gus) expected the D to keep them there and get the ball back at midfield at the worst.  D did not do the job there.....and many other times on 3rd and long plays.

Note that LSU went on 4th a couple times and once gave AU the ball in very good field position.....it happens sometimes.    As for AU....execution  much of the afternoon was poor...outright whiffs on numerous block attempts....and some poor passing decisions. LSU was a better team than most of us expected....and we can blame the coaches too....but at some point the players have to "get it done"...make the block, make the tackle, break up the pass, make the catch, etc.   

JMO but a hard fought game like that is usually won or lost on the field by the guys playing the game.

On the uncalled Pass Interference was the ball poorly thrown?  Did it appear to be going out of bounds and Ref think it would not be caught in bounds.  The hold redirected Slayton away from sideline grabbing jersey on back of shoulder pads.  It should have been defensive holding as defender held jersey to keeping him from getting to the ball.  

Pass looked to be catchable in bounds to me but I did not have angle down sideline.  

It is worth noting this game was a Sports Betting Dog paying more than double on straight bets for LSU to win. So there is big money changing hands on this outcome.  Any connection to the REC renting the Black Helecopters would likely be their bookies.

I have never been so angry about officiating.  With unbiased officials AU wins by 3 scores. A no call on an obvious PI on 3rd down prevented us from closing the door when the score was 21-10.  Officials ended the game by killing 2 AU drivers with holding calls and two no calls on 3rd down PI. At the same time they extended LSU drives repeatedly with calls.  

Yes AU could have won despite the biased officiating but LSU had no chance to win without it. 

Archived