Post game Arkansas thread

tbone1430

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Oh goodness lol. This is a football thread woman!

LoL. If y'all get to have the cheerleader/Tiger Paws thread then I get to comment on Varsity Blues! 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AidiAU said:

LoL. If y'all get to have the cheerleader/Tiger Paws thread then I get to comment on Varsity Blues! 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5ba8e8d377476a636f

17 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I love it when our lady fam speak up. I always did prefer a cocktail bar to a locker room. 

20 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Absolutely!

This board is equal opportunity "admirers"!

22 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yep, ranked in the top ten,  won the game , beat the 28 point spread.....and everyone is sad.    How the times have changed. :)

Well, a 49 million dollar coach tends to raise expectations - even when you win. ;)

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Well, a 49 million dollar coach tends to raise expectations - even when you win. ;)

https://thebestschools.org/magazine/highest-paid-college-coaches/

The entire business of college sports and coaching salaries for those schools who yearn to be among the top handfuls is CRAZY....and AU fans need to accept that fact.  

Shoot...Gus is not even in the top ten salary wise according to that linked article, and doing better than a good number of them.   Not saying he's not getting a lot of money but I'm still waiting after many months for the names of replacement coaches who we might consider....and what we would have to pay to get them.

Fire Gus...OK, that won't bother me..   And do what?    Who  has a better resume' and by that I mean, has actually beaten a  top 10 teams more than once. or twice and is available at any figure?......and pay how much?....and wait how long for that person to "turn the program around". ?

Added note"    see he has moved up among football coaches....but the question of …"if not Gus, Who?" still stands

https://campussports.net/2018/05/04/highest-paid-coaches-college-football/

Have to admit, it was closer than I thought it would be. I know you guys are frustrated at your offensive performance, but our defense actually hasn't been that bad this year.

Colorado State- Our defense held them without a TD in the first half and only started giving up a bunch of points late in the fourth quarter after they had been on the field forever due to the offense constantly going 3-and-out.

North Texas - Of the 44 points they scored, one was a pick six and one was a punt return TD. The offense had six interceptions which gave them short fields. The defense held them to 3 YPC and 6 YPA and they only went 3/16 on third down.

Just like Saturday night, our offense and special teams have killed us and inflated point totals in our games but the defense has been solid all things considered. And we didn't have Ramsey (our DE #10 who was in the backfield a ton) all year until our game. Your yardage total probably would have been higher if your average starting field position wasn't at midfield as well lol.

23 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Have to admit, it was closer than I thought it would be. I know you guys are frustrated at your offensive performance, but our defense actually hasn't been that bad this year.

Colorado State- Our defense held them without a TD in the first half and only started giving up a bunch of points late in the fourth quarter after they had been on the field forever due to the offense constantly going 3-and-out.

North Texas - Of the 44 points they scored, one was a pick six and one was a punt return TD. The offense had six interceptions which gave them short fields. The defense held them to 3 YPC and 6 YPA and they only went 3/16 on third down.

Just like Saturday night, our offense and special teams have killed us and inflated point totals in our games but the defense has been solid all things considered. And we didn't have Ramsey (our DE #10 who was in the backfield a ton) all year until our game. Your yardage total probably would have been higher if your average starting field position wasn't at midfield as well lol.

Nice post, GoHogs. Appreciate the kind words. 

Obviously your season hasn't gotten off to a great start, but how are you feeling about Morris overall? Any signs of hope?

Your QB is a damned tough dude. He earned a lot of respect from our corner of the SEC the other night. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Obviously your season hasn't gotten off to a great start, but how are you feeling about Morris overall? Any signs of hope?

Your QB is a damned tough dude. He earned a lot of respect from our corner of the SEC the other night. 

I am not looking forward to seeing him next year if Morris is able to turn Arkansas around.

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Still too early to tell, he doesn't have much to work with, but just looking for improvement every week. Some questionable coaching decisions and playcalling so far but we should have our first top 20 recruiting class since 2009 this year (#17 on Rivals) so we should be better in about two more years.

Storey played admirably but he's more than likely just a stopgap QB for us. If Kelly Bryant decides to transfer from Clemson I'd be interested to see if Morris goes after him.

1 minute ago, gohogs14 said:

us. If Kelly Bryant decides to transfer from Clemson I'd be interested to see if Morris goes after him.

I’m hoping Gus goes after him as well. He will be the football Jesus that Auburn desperately needs. 

23 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Still too early to tell, he doesn't have much to work with, but just looking for improvement every week. Some questionable coaching decisions and playcalling so far but we should have our first top 20 recruiting class since 2009 this year (#17 on Rivals) so we should be better in about two more years.

Storey played admirably but he's more than likely just a stopgap QB for us. If Kelly Bryant decides to transfer from Clemson I'd be interested to see if Morris goes after him.

Talent cures a lot of ills and makes a lot of coaching decisions look smart, no doubt. Good luck!

It's as bright as the sun in the mornings. The Tigers has zero of an offensive line. They can't block and open up big holes for our QB and RB's.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:
1 hour ago, gohogs14 said:

Talent cures a lot of ills and makes a lot of coaching decisions look smart, no doubt. Good luck!

Not to mention, would you rather your coach rebuild in the proper order.... struggle a year or two but build that solid foundation where your consistently good every year?  Or do it like Gus and tease the everlovin crap out of us on year one and then dangle a carrot in front of us every year only to give us a movie set plastic carrot in the end?

Yeah, I overworked myself on that one...

15 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Not to mention, would you rather your coach rebuild in the proper order.... struggle a year or two but build that solid foundation where your consistently good every year?  Or do it like Gus and tease the everlovin crap out of us on year one and then dangle a carrot in front of us every year only to give us a movie set plastic carrot in the end?

Yeah, I overworked myself on that one...

It's a marathon, not a sprint!

I hate carrots. (And totally get what you're saying.)

How many of you are tired of hearing Gus' BS that he throw's out to the media after each loss? I am. It's the same song but just on side 2 of the record.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

How many of you are tired of hearing Gus' BS that he throw's out to the media after each loss? I am. It's the same song but just on side 2 of the record.

That's clever and all but Auburn DID win Sat night.

I know it doesn't seem like it since we're complaining about the offense but don't let that confuse you.

Archived